Story [Doctor Who] Light for All

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Raphire, Sep 4, 2011.

Moderators: Mira_Jade, NYCitygurl
  1. Raphire Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Title: Light For All
    Author: Raphire
    Summery: Rose contemplating the events of ?The Imposible Planet? and "The Satan Pit"
    Additional Notes: This is a part of The Proverbs Challenge and I don?t own Doctor Who I?m just borrowing him for my own purposes. Also my Proverb was "Light For All" Hence the title.

It was hypnotic.

The sheer power of it astounded her. When the window had opened, she had been in awe of its size and strength.

When it had devoured a whole galaxy she had been appalled by its brutality.

She didn?t know how it had been created or when it might be destroyed but she did know what it was now.

It was balance. It devoured the light of thousands of galaxies and shone through the darkness with a primal majesty.

She had hated the black hole when she first saw it. It was her impending doom, her murderer.

Then she saw the beauty of it, the splendor that could make a man crazy, the exquisiteness of destruction. It appalled her at first

But now?

Now she saw the cage, the prison that held the beast of the pit.

She thought of what it might have been before. A bright light that created warmth and sustained life.

Then it imploded and it radiated a light of a different kind. It devoured galaxies and was never sated.

But even with all of its consumption it still lit the sky. Its harsh light, in spite of everything, kept them safe.

This appetite chained their tormentor in his prison and kept the human race protected. It was the light of hope, a light as vital as that of the sun.

The End
  2. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Awesome imagery and intriguing contrast: something that devours also is a source of hope. [face_thinking] =D=

3. MiralukaJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Short and sweet. Good work!
  4. HelloKelly Jedi Knight

star 3
    Huh. Facinating short story. Never seen Doctor Who before but this story it sounds interesting.

I really like your use of opposites in this... It give a feeling of balence to the story.
  5. RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost

star 7
    I like the balance there of hate and love and why Rose has those feelings.
  6. Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape

Manager
    star 4
    How very lovely!

There was certainly a punch to be had here in so few words. Your imagery was lyrical and poignant, and the overall effect simply breathtaking in the end. =D=

~MJ @};-
  7. Maggy Force Ghost

star 4
    well done =D=
    I liked those two episodes
    and that was a great capture of the black hole that kept all in balance for so long and was a source of fear, and then actually swallowed the beast's vessel.
Moderators: Mira_Jade, NYCitygurl