main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

doctor who (non star wars spoiler warning)

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by nathan_sith, Mar 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nathan_sith

nathan_sith Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 23, 2004
    i saw the first episode last night, and, i gotta say, things are looking good. it's not without its flaws (wouldn't be doctor who otherwise) but i was impressed, and laughed quite a lot.

the doctor has some wicked bad lines and billie piper's a very impressive actress, chris eccleston is a good doctor, he's a little like tom baker (my fave) was in his earlier adventures- very short, very quickly spoken and giving answers that don't really help his companion. the first episode is about the autons- the cheapest villans to produce! but i always found them a bit creepy as a kid anyway. it's a very fast paced episode by anyones standards, it's all go all the time and you don't get bored, the original music is there too and there's only a couple of spots that may have been studio filmed but most is shot on location with great use of special effects-you can still tell its not a huge budget show it is very doctor who-the TARDIS is amazing inside and out, the new box looks bigger and the inside can now be seen when the doors are open (ah, little things). if anyone's not out at 7pm on saturday, watch the doctor!

2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    How did you get to see it?
    Are the BBC leaking info again

3. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    I've just this second announced to the office how P'ed off I am that I'm in York this weekend and wont get to see it. I'll be dying to get home and see if its recorded ok.

4. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    I wasn't that excited when I first heard about the return of the Doctor... but I must confess that having seen a few clips, and having read / heard a fair few interviews with the key players... I am now jazzed for Saturday.

5. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I had a problem with Eccleson's style originally cos it was too modern and not odd like the last few doctors had.

But I think it suits him well, and he should blend in better in the 21st century

6. MasterChapRimera

MasterChapRimera Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Richie, the first episode (possibly more) has been floating around on the internet for a couple of weeks now.

7. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    The BBC really should do something abou that [face_shame_on_you]

Well, I'll look out for it

8. nathan_sith

Oct 23, 2004
    no they shouldn't, i'll be working at that time most saturdays, so if someone wants to rip them thats fine by me, i got it from the knuttella network using bearshare-its a very good quality .avi, converted it to mpeg and burned to a dvd.

9. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    i cant wait for new Dr.Who. looks like it is gonna be excellent

10. majin_yami

majin_yami Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 14, 2004
    Don't look out for Doctor Who on the Internet, wait until it is released on Saturday. The show needs the viewing figures if it's going to get renewed.

11. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Oh I'll watch it on Saturday, be sure of that.
    It just amazes me that the BBC's trump card for this year couldn't be kept scret until its release date.

Next we'll end up seeing ROTS before its due in cinemas

12. nathan_sith

Oct 23, 2004
    oh didn't i tell you guys....... [face_mischief]

13. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Tell us what!!!
    You hiding something eh?

[face_thinking]

Thread Status: