main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Niagara, ON Doctor Who Season 3

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by YoungJediNiagara, Mar 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    You can grab one for nearly the same price at any store that sells geek merchandise like most comicshops. I can grab one from Snail if he wants one bad enough. No need to bug Debby with more geekdom, the poor woman. :p

2. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Well Utopia is great start to the final 3 eps for the season.

Great to Captain Jack back, the banter was great, and of course, as mentioned above, the return of The Master.

For those that aren't doing the torrent thing, Season 3 starts on CBC this Monday, June 18, at 8:00 pm

3. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    RANT!!!!!

Ok somebody help me out here...
    Although I love the fact that Jack and THE MASTER are back on Doctor Who I have a MAJOR beef with THE MASTERS return.

Ummm...till Utopia has THE MASTER been in any Doctor Who eppy since HE WAS SUCKED INTO THE EYE OF THE TARDIS IN THE 1996 MADE FOR TV MOVIE????????

Ummm...in the movie...was THE MASTER not OUT OF REGENERATIONS!!!!!!! (that was the point of the movie)

You can't mark his return with a plot line that is totally not possible....or at least not without an explanation of his return.

Other than that.... I liked the eppy.
    Although Eric Roberts "Master" will be hard to top. This new "Master" kind of has a "Joker" (ala Batman) personality. Psycho bad instead of intelligent bad.

4. YoungJediNiagara

Mar 23, 2001
    Like I said...the new "Master" is a very poorly played "Joker" from batman.

The latest eppy at least filled in some of the gaps of how "The Master" is still alive...but a "resurection"? Why not bring back ALL the Time Lords to fight the Daleks. Seams like a cheap way to bring him back.

*I still love Doctor Who and the Jack one liners are great.

5. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    One word: nickname

6. YoungJediNiagara

Mar 23, 2001
    Oh now that was a good season ender.
    I don't want to spoil anything so...

The Jack "nickname" thing....think that has been planned?

Now I'm going back to watch season one eppy two...LOL

7. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    Wow...I was thoroughly disappointed by that. The Jack nickname bit was cute and the final scene between The Doctor and the Master was heartbreaking, but it didn't really leave me as excited as the last two seasons did. I certainly feel like Martha never really got to reach her full potential as a character and though she can return, her departure certainly isn't a selling point for me (particularly given who is supposed to be next season's companion).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.