main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph [Doctor Who] Series 7 Discussion - SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Community' started by Mar17swgirl, May 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    What does "The Dark Doctor" mean?

2. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Murdering his entire race. And the Daleks. And probably others.

3. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    So, what? This is supposed to be a Time War story? I don't really keep up with the non-show media.

4. darthcaedus1138

Oct 13, 2007
    I listen to some of the Big Finish 8th Doctor audio dramas, and he's not really all that dark. So if they're making this post or during the Time War, I'd think he would be pretty dark.

I don't know what that cover is about though. I'll have to do some research, it's the first image of 8 we've had in a while.

5. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Tweet from Neil Gaiman:

A worldsized pat on the back to @hannahldurham who found a copy of the Dr Who I wrote an actress left in a taxi, & returned it safe & sound.

Now there's a classic "what would you do?" moment. :p Return it, obviously, but would you read it first? (Rachel need not respond :p )

6. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    I would definitely return it without posting it online or selling it to the press.

However, I would probably also read it myself, the spoiler junkie I am... :p

Juliet316 and Random Comments like this.
  7. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    I'd probably feel a bit guilty as I read (entire episode and all that), but yeah me too. :p I'd also keep what I'd read to myself (well... save for one person ;) ).

8. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    I'd probably even post a non-spoilery teaser/line or two here...

9. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    "Soufflé! About time too!" :p

10. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Oh yeah, about that magazine cover with Eight on it. I don't like the choice of leather jacket. Too close to Nine.

11. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005

12. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    I see where you're coming from, but I like each Doctor to be different and so would not support that theory.

13. darthcaedus1138

Oct 13, 2007
    [​IMG]

14. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    How different are they really, especially the three 2005 Doctors? Clothes, accents, and some personality quirks aside, they're basically the same dude played by different actors (!!!). They're all dorky, curious, generally averse to violence and killing, and very, very angry. I don't see why it's a problem for Eight to be hardened by his experiences (if that's indeed what's happening) leading up to his regeneration into Nine.

15. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    they look.....Fat.

16. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    I'm referring to the leather jacket. Sorry.

17. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Well, I know. I still don't see the problem. There have been other Doctors with similar clothing styles.

Juliet316 likes this.
  18. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Similar, but there's no need to repeat a leather jacket - especially on neighbouring incarnations.

19. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    I would think the ridiculous question mark motif in 5/6/7 would warrant more complaint. :p

20. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Also we've only seen the outfit in profile on a magazine cover. There maybe more to it if we had a full head to toe picture.

I would presume those 'new' Cyberman designs are to make them more in line with Mondas Cyberman, if that's the Cyberman Gaiman is writing about? y/y?

21. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Considering how McGann's original look was clearly influenced by Hartnell's costume, I don't see why Eccleston gets sole rights to wear a leather jacket.

Random Comments and Juliet316 like this.
  22. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    One after the other bothers me. I don't know what to say. Other than there's something particularly unique about the black leather jacket look than feels more like repetition than a costume 'influenced' by another - which is a slightly different matter.

23. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Considering how McGann had said (since the TV movie) that he'd like to see his Doctor wear leather, and of course turned up to the movie set with a shaved head, only to be forced to wear a wig, I don't blame him at all for wearing something he feels comfortable in. If they let the actor's playing the role have more input into how they dressed, like Moffat let Smith, we would have a much more organic feel to the way the Doctor dressed, rather than the unfortunate costuming of JNT's era.

24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    First, I really really wish I'd seen this around Halloween. That would have been really apropos. (no spoilers, just good halloween fun:

[​IMG]

Second, I came across this photo, while searching for Eight photos, figuring there was probably more detailed photos of McGann in the outfit on the DWM cover. These are courtesy of Doctorwhonews.net. Make your own judgments on the full costume.

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mar17swgirl likes this.
  25. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    See, that's a completely different style of leather jacket. Looks like a leather peacoat IMO.

EDIT: Here's another good look at it.

[​IMG]

Evil.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.