Amph [Doctor Who] Series 7 Discussion - SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Community' started by Mar17swgirl, May 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    Yeah, I mean there are flashes along the way before that for sure. I just think The Lodger is the first episode that I think absolutely couldn't have had any version interpreted by Tennant. The whole premise of the scenario requires Eleven.

And yes, they shot The Eleventh Hour a bit later so that Matt and Karen both would have had time to settle into their characters. This is generally what you'd do in a film, you never want to shoot a character's introduction first. They were able to do that with the series because they shoot so much so far ahead of time. I think it helped. Flesh and Stone/Time of the Angels was first. Actually Matt and Karen's first scene was "Time can be rewritten"... which is interesting, because it's one of my favorite of the whole series. But it's also quite simple.
  2. Chewgumma Chosen One

star 7

Pause at 0:16 and you'll notice that the background is the new Tardis entrance.
    Juliet316 likes this.
  3. Rebel_Padawan Force Ghost

star 4
    Winter is coming!
    Ulicus likes this.
  4. halibut Ex-Mod

star 8
    Christmas special casting spoiler!

Show Spoiler

[IMG]
  5. darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost

star 5
    Seems legit.
  6. Mar17swgirl Chosen One

star 7
    Um, doesn't the Christmas special start at 5 something PM? o_O
  7. soitscometothis Force Ghost

star 5
    In the UK it does; that listing is for BBC America, I think.
  8. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    That's BBC America - it's on later in the US on Christmas. (I know because a friend told me).

Just a note for those who get BBC3 - it's rerunning two Christmas episodes this week. A Christmas Carol is on from 7pm-8:05 PM tonight and The Doctor, the Widow, and the Wardrobe is on Thursday from 7-8 PM.
  9. Everton Chosen One

star 10
  10. soitscometothis Force Ghost

star 5
    Good catch, E. I guess it could be a typo.
  11. halibut Ex-Mod

star 8
    Show Spoiler
    It's not a typo
  12. Random Comments Force Ghost

star 5
    Show Spoiler
    Hartnell is DEAD!
  13. darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost

star 5
  14. Ulicus Lit'ari

Manager
    star 6
    I believe, though don't quote me on this, that RTD's on the record as having said he told the S2 writers to write the Doctor more or less the same as they always had and let the differences emerge naturally out of Tennant's portrayal.

Funny thing is that the episode was adapted from a comic story in which Ten crashes at Mickey's flat! 8-}

Albeit written at a time before Ten had really established his own character in the show. (And, even then, he was still portrayed as being more socially competent than Eleven was in his version)

You think? Odd. One of the reasons I think The Eleventh Hour is so brilliant is that Eleven (while he's defending the Earth, at least) often seems to be channelling Ten. Not entirely, of course, but I like the impression I get that he's had to put "finding himself" on hold, so he just slips as much of his previous persona on as he can and gets to work saving the world.

The line that most stands on in this regard for me is: "And you were gonna burn it? What? Back 'ere, now."

I can hear Tennant saying that even more clearly in my head than I can Smith.
    Last edited by Ulicus, Dec 15, 2012
    Admiral_Volshe likes this.
  15. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 8
    Show Spoiler
    Either there's flashbacks involved or somebody writing that cable/satellite guide is pranking a whole hell of a lot of people.
  16. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    Show Spoiler
    must be flashbacks or some sort of archive thing showing previous incarnations of the Doctor, especially if Hartnell is in it (or Eccleston :p )
  17. Chewgumma Chosen One

star 7
    Show Spoiler
    Doubt it, probably just a mistake in the TV listing. I recall @Admiral_Volshe telling me that the listing for Angels Take Manhattan had David Tennant pegged as a guest star. :p
  18. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 8
    Well to be fair Tennant was in the Who in America special that proceded Angels Take Manhatten so that's a bit understandable that a mistake could have been made there in terms of listing him as a guest star.:p
    Last edited by Juliet316, Dec 15, 2012
  19. Ulicus Lit'ari

Manager
    star 6
    Having only just seen what McCoy wore to the World Premiere of the Hobbit, whenever it was:

[IMG]

I find myself desperately hoping that this is Seven's Anniversary Costume, and he was giving us a sneak peak. :p (That's blatantly a sonic cane, and probably comes with an "umbrella" setting.)
    Last edited by Ulicus, Dec 15, 2012
  20. Random Comments Force Ghost

star 5
  21. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    Now that is the real McCoy

Yes, I went there.
    Ulicus, Random Comments and Chewgumma like this.
  22. halibut Ex-Mod

star 8
  23. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 8
  24. Admiral Volshe Chosen One

star 8
  25. Chewgumma Chosen One

star 7
    A Vastra and Jenny spin off needs to be an actual thing please Moffat!
    Last edited by Chewgumma, Dec 17, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.