main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph [Doctor Who] Series 7 Discussion - SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Community' started by Mar17swgirl, May 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slimybug

slimybug Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2001
    My personal choice for the next doctor would be Chiwetel Ejiofor (and yes, he's British. His parents are from Nigeria, hence the name). It would be something to see the first black doctor. Can you imagine the scene where he regenerates, looks at his hand and says something like "Well, this is new."

[image=http://www.hbo.com/films/tsunami/img/castandcrew/506x316_chiwetel.jpg]

Slimy!

2. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    I REALLY love the "Professor Indiana Jones"-style tweed jacket and bowtie! :D And I love the new sonic screwdriver, too.

I love David Tennant's Doctor, but I'm welcoming the change. With Steven Moffat in charge, I'm sure it will be great. :D

3. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    So her name is Amy Pond?

[face_laugh]

4. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I'm sure that there must be a good reason for Moffat giving her such an odd name. I can't think of one off-hand, though.

5. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Amy is a good first name for a companion, but Pond really is an odd surname... :p

6. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    Reminds me of the James Pond game - the secret service fish!

7. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
  8. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Couple of Doctor Who things:

1) The new logo:

[image=http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/medialibrary/images/misc/logos/new_logo_512.jpg]

Freakin' LOVE IT.

2) Blatant spoilers from a news site. Nothing you won't know is gonna have to happen, but cool to see a bit of what it will look like:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a180627/the-latest-doctor-who-filming-pics.html

9. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Okay, she's gorgeous.

10. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    Hmm.. not sure I like it as much. My eyes don't know where to focus first, it's all over the place.

11. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    You're right it's not completely user friendly, but that's part of the appeal to me. The current logo is a logo-by-numbers, and all the worse for it. I don't like it at all. This new one is - for me - awesomely striking, but also just a little bit 'off centre'. I don't mean that literally of course, but that's a charm and sits well with the Doctor himself. It's a little less mainstream, and all the better for it.

12. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    Yep, I can see where you're coming from. [face_thinking]

They look like a good couple. I just hope the new series here isn't too far behind.

13. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    [image=http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/6161/tardis.jpg]

Was the TARDIS always the size of a small house or are they just really small?

14. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
    The Police Box does look ridiculously big - I understand those are the correct dimensions for the real thing, but really... they must have expected to lock up some very tall criminals.

Quite like the new logo.

15. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2008
    I am curious if they will tweak the opening at all. They seem to evolve it a little each season, but with a more classic looking logo I wonder if they will take a classic approach to the opening as well.

16. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    I'd expect more than just a few tweaks. Brand new opening credits I reckon. New Doctor, new companion, new TARDIS, new logo, new producers, new opening theme (presumably). It's a whole new era.

17. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2008
    I would be incredibly surprised if they changed the theme completely. More likely they would continue to evolve the same old concept as they have with each new itteration.

18. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
    No way would they write a completely different theme, they'll just have a new arrangement. I'm interested in seeing what the do with the credits, though. Will the Tardis still be in them? Will it feature the Doctor's face? Will it have the time-vortex, or a star-field, or be more mysterious and abstract like the first three versions of the titles (in the classic series)?

19. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    I think the title and the logo are two separate entities. I don't think they'll be on screen together like that on the show.

As for the pics of Matt Smith in Tennant's get up, awesome. I'm really looking forward to this.

20. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004

21. slimybug

slimybug Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2001
    [image=http://images.digitalspy.co.uk/09/41/550w_whopaps_s05e01-5.jpg][image=http://images.digitalspy.co.uk/09/41/550w_whopaps_s05e01-1.jpg]
    I wish the policewomen in my town would dress like that!

And is it just me, or does Smith look like he has some serious sort of birth defect?

Slimy!

22. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Cute redhead.

23. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    DOCTOR WHO BBC OW

What?

24. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
    ^One of the purposes of the original Police Box was a temporary lock-box for criminals, hence the fact that many were made out of concrete. They weren't just to make phone calls. Does that make sense now?

25. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Indeed, thanks for that!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.