Amph [Doctor Who] Series 7 Discussion - SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Community' started by Mar17swgirl, May 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    Hours later, and I'm still psyched about that logo.

And Ms. Pond.
  2. TheMacUnleashed Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Hmm... I liked the old logo better, but I suppose it makes sense that they would change it with the new Doctor. And it isn't bad, as logos go.

Smith looks like he'll play a very quirky Doctor. I'm looking forward to it! :D
  3. zacparis VIP

star 7
    http://io9.com/5387162/first-glimpse-of-doctor-whos-new-tardis-interior

Looks kinda like the current one doesn't it?
  4. Im_just_guessing Jedi Grand Master

star 7
  5. DarthLowBudget Force Ghost

star 5
    It seems somewhat different, less organic, definitely. It does share a very similar color scheme though.
  6. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    I like the Gold Disc collection on the wall.
  7. soitscometosith Jedi Knight

star 1
    I like that the roundels are, you know... round. I would have preferred that they use the old-fashioned bright white colour scheme, but this one does give a cosy glow to the Tardis interior. It would be nice to see it in proper context, but I guess we'll have to wait for that.
  8. Kiki-Gonn Chosen One

star 6
    That's the only meaningful change I saw. They might give it a whole new feel from inside though. It'd be cool if they went a little Victorian parlor with the main room.
  9. zacparis VIP

star 7
    The TARDIS was hardcore Victorian/steampunk at the start of that movie featuring the 8th Doctor. It was waaay over the top.
  10. DarthLowBudget Force Ghost

star 5
    So did anybody see the new special? I thought it was pretty good, even if some of the Master stuff was over the top (John Simm manages to sell it though, IMO, and its not much more over the top than other stuff during RTD's tenure). Can't wait to see what the next part has in store.

Oh, and my personal-favorite-guilty-pleasure James Bond makes an appearance: Kind of spoilery image if you haven't watched yet. Check that. REALLY Spoilery.

Theory:

Donna's grandfather may not be human. Timelord disguised as a human maybe? At any rate he's very special in a way that most humans aren't.

JCC, your thoughts on the episode?
  11. Jedi knight Pozzi Force Ghost

star 6
    Good stuff. Though if Wilf is alien, he doesn't know it. I felt pretty bad for The Doctor as well in the cafe.

And Obama has finally made it to the big time. :D
  12. LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I loved the episode, and yes the Master was a little too psychotic, but it did make the story work. I'm definitely interested to see what is going to happen to Donna now that she remembers, and though I'm not sure if Wilf is alien, I do agree there is something unique about him.

And I always thought how similar Obama's election was to The Master's, hilarious that Obama actually is The Master now.
  13. TheMacUnleashed Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Wilfred Mott= Timelord ftw. Russel T. Davies has shown himself to be a fan of anagrams...

I wonder if it will be Wilfred who "knocks four times." From an interview w/ Tennant and Julie Gardner, the show's producer:

Julie Gardner:
    And as we know, David, he really does knock four times.
    Tennant:
    Yeah, absolutely, and if you think you've figured out what that means, you're wrong!

The Master being the one to kill the Doctor is the obvious choice, but RTD often doesn't go for obvious.

My hope is that Donna won't die. Coupling that with Ten's death, that would probably make Part II the most depressing episode yet. :(
  14. Jedi knight Pozzi Force Ghost

star 6
    Does Wilf own a fob watch?
  15. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    The episode was absolutely ****. Still, only one more to go and we're free from the confused and seemingly random scriptings of circus master Davies.
  16. Jedi_Reject_Jesse Force Ghost

star 7
    What was up with that? Felt like a bad episode of Heroes, complete with a flying dude...
  17. soitscometothis Force Ghost

star 5
    I hope Moffat isn't too scared of breaking away from RTD's "winning" formula. I miss subtlety and solid plotting.
  18. DarthLowBudget Force Ghost

star 5
    Also what's all this stuff about Wilfred being "a soldier to late to the war"? What war? The Time War maybe?
  19. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    The only thing epic about the episode was the amount of spittle emerging from Tim Dalton's mouth.
  20. DantheJedi Force Ghost

star 5
    Timothy Dalton sure was throwing out the spittle during his little speech at the end, wasn't he?
  21. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    I can't tell you how much I yearn for the show to be free of RTD. End of Time, Part Two will be messy and miserable, I reckon, but there should be a short moment at the end where The Eleventh Doctor is finally introduced. It'll be like a great breath of oxygen after four years of being drowned. Hopefully from then on, things can start from scratch.
  22. DarthLowBudget Force Ghost

star 5
    Yeah, RTD can be pretty sketchy, but a handful of good episodes and my appreciation for Tennant's Doctor have held me through. It'll be nice to have Moffat running the show, as he's written the best episode's of the past few years, and he gets that Who sometimes needs to be scary.
  23. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    I could watch Blink and The Girl in the Fireplace again and again and again.
  24. EmpireForever Chosen One

star 8
    So should I just wait for part II before I bootleg this?
  25. Lord Vivec Chosen One

star 7
    I'm not sure Matt Smith will be as good a Doctor as David Tennant is.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.