main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph [Doctor Who] Series 7 Discussion - SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Community' started by Mar17swgirl, May 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    I actually hope that it was Romana - from her "I was lost for a long time" line.

2. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    That's a whole lot of Moffat goodness - I hope he doesn't burn himself out.

Actually, I thought I heard he was co-writing the first episode with another writer, but perhaps I'm wrong. Six Moffat episodes in one season... it's like a dream.:D

3. Im_just_guessing

Im_just_guessing Jedi Knight star 7

Oct 23, 2002
    The doctor's so completely different from when we last saw Susan, that I wonder how he'd act in the presence of his granddaughter, I've been hoping for a Susan appearance since I watched the first part of An Unearthly Child.

4. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Oh, me, too! :) I just don't think it should be the Woman from TEOT.

And if they bring Susan back, I think it should be Ann Carole Ford - she's still alive. That would be a very interesting contrast - a woman in her 70s calling a man who looks to be in his late 20s "Grandfather". :p After all, it hasn't been firmly established whether Susan is a Time Lord (and therefore can regenerate).

EDIT: I would also love to see the Doctor visit Ian Chesterton. Pity that Jacqueline Hill (who played Barbara) has passed away already, I'd love to see her again - she was one of my favourite companions. I totally love her hair. :D

5. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
    She returned in The Five Doctors. It was weird to see her with Peter Davison's young-looking Doctor.

6. Lord Tuvitor

Lord Tuvitor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 27, 2003
    I wanted to slap RTD for not revealing who the woman in white was. I hope there's some sort of arrangement with Moffat and we'll find out eventually. :p

7. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Well, sometimes it's better if things remain in mystery - if the revelation brings nothing to the plot. If it's someone we've met already - then she will simply HAVE to come back, or the revelation falls flat on its face. And if she's a completely new character - then who cares what she's called? :p She could be just a random Time Lord who happens to like the Doctor and wants to help him. :p

My money is still on Romana, though - but if it IS her, then I hope she returns.

8. Lord Tuvitor

Jun 27, 2003
    I agree. I lean heavily in favor of Romana here as well. Susan Foreman also being a possibility.

9. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    Popular argument seems to be that it's:

1. His mother.
    2. Romana
    3 My fav - Donna.

10. Lord Tuvitor

Jun 27, 2003
    I've heard the Donna theory and a regeneration could possibly solve Donna's metacrisis problem, but how would she get into the Time-Locked era, and even then how would she be counted among the Time Lords of the High Council of Gallifrey?

As for the Doctor's mother, all we have on that one is an off-hand remark by RTD, who has been known to bend the truth here and there before to mess with fans. :p

11. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I'm glad RTD decided not to undo his whole storyline and restore everything to how it was before the Time War. The Doctor's story is more interesting without the Time Lords being present. It also means that releasing some characters from the Time Lock is a good way to get some more villains.
    I'm sure Timothy Dalton would be happy to do a return as Rassilon and use The Hand of Omega to kick some more ass before the Doctor defeats him again.

Although, without Skaro and the 10million strong Dalek Fleet, it still amazes me how often The Doctor encounters the Daleks. I'm still in favour of them being left out for a series or two so that when they return it is more unexpected.
    Over-use of the best villain could have the same detremental effect that Star Trek Voyager had on The Borg.

12. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    I think they have to use the Daleks every season or they lose them.

13. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    Yeah, I've heard that they have to ask the creator of the Dalek's estate every time they use them.

14. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    What I've heard is that originally the creator didn't want to use them, and then they finally convinced them to let them, but only on the condition that they need to use them at least once a season, or something like that.

15. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
    I've just read the DWM Matt Smith/Karen Gillian interview someone very kindly copied onto the net, and it sounds like they're having a great time filming s5. They don't reveal a whole lot, but one thing I thought was interesting was Karen on that skirt: "Initially, they wanted me in trousers, just because of the practicallity of running around in things, but I did want her in a short skirt, because i think it's really suitable as to how we meet her and who her character is."

So it was actually her idea, not the producers or writers? I felt sure it was an attempt to get ratings, but obviously not. Both she and Matt do say they are given a certain amount of creative input, which I think is cool.

I think season 5 could be the best DW season in decades. Fingers crossed!

16. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Dum-de-dum.
    Dum-de-dum.
    Dum-de-dum.
    Dum-de-dum.

Dum-de-dum.
    Dum-de-dum.
    Dum-de-dum.
    Dum-a-wooooooooooo-oooooooo-ooooooooooo-uuuuuuuuuuuuu
    Oooooooooooaaaaaaa-wooooooooooooo-ooooooooo[/i].

17. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    "...and who her character is."

:confused: I wonder what they mean by that.

18. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
  19. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    Good storytelling, because it FELT like The Doctor's mom.

And wow. Every single alternate idea for the Easter Special sounds WAY better than what we actually got. I'm still pining for a Star Trek crossover one day.

Popular argument seems to be that it's:

1. His mother.
    2. Romana
    3 My fav - Donna.

Given the time-traveling thing, 1 and 3 are not mutually exclusive...[face_whistling]

I prefer when it's done in sets of fours (Dum-dum-dum-dum), because it's like a Time Lord's heartbeat!;)

20. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Me too! :D I hope that for the new version of the tune they'll return back to the original "rythm of four", especially since it now played such a large part in the new series and has been officially established as the heartbeat of a Time Lord.

21. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Although the Logo hads been altered for the new series, I hope the theme tune will not be edited too much. It's great as it was when Eccleston started and I have got used to the alteration for Tennant. It works well as the closest version to the original theme, changing it would spoil the show for me. Especially if they techno it up like they did for Peter Davidson's Doctor.

22. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
    The 5th Doctor's arrangement is one of the best! :mad:

23. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
    The current rumour in The Sun (!) is that Amy Pond is a kissogram.
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/rnart/111487.jpg]

Something similar was suggested when she was first shown in Police uniform with a short skirt, so maybe they're just recycling the old rumours?

Press Association report

24. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    It's just The Sun being The Sun. :p

Karen Gillan said in DWM that Amy is a policewoman and they originally wanted her to wear trousers (more comfortable when running and stuff), but she wanted a short skirt. Also she and Matt are allowed to give some creative input about their characters.

So she's a real policewoman and the short skirt is just artistic license. ;)

25. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
    Karen Gillan said in DWM that Amy is a policewoman and they originally wanted her to wear trousers (more comfortable when running and stuff), but she wanted a short skirt. Also she and Matt are allowed to give some creative input about their characters.

I already posted that ten posts up![face_talk_hand]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.