main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Doctor Who]The Impossible Meeting (at the End of the World) Prologue/?

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Juliet316 , Jun 7, 2013.

1. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Yes! The muse lives!

You know I swore that when I got back into my writing that I would focus on my WIP pile with some one - shots in between. However, between the DW S7 finale, The Announcement proceded the finale a couple of weeks later (Which everybody probably knows about by now unless they either don't have Internet/TV or otherwise have been living under a rock), and other stuff dangling about, this fic below started happening and before I knew it a fully formed fic formed in my head. I do hope to plow through that WIP pile soon enough.

TITLE: The Impossible Meeting (at the End of the World) Prologue/?
    AUTHOR: Juliet316
    FANDOM: Doctor Who
    CHARACTERS:Clara Oswin Oswald, Thirteenth Doctor (prologue only),
    (Mentions of the Twelfth Doctor, mentions of the Eleventh Doctor, Alex Morgan (Eleventh Doctor timestream copy), A few minor OCs, River Song near the End))
    RATING: PG - 13
    CONTENT: ANGST, VIOLENCE(Nothing beyond a regular Who episode), CHARACTER DEATH, ADULT LANGUAGE, ADULT SEXUAL SITUATIONS
    CATEGORY: DRAMA, ADULT, ANGST
    SPOILERS: The Name of the Doctor specifically, The Annoucement (though dealt with indirectly), just about all of New Who really.
    SUMMARY: Ten years after her adventures with the Doctor have ended, and inadvertent trip to doomsday leads Clara Oswald to an encounter with a man she never thought she see again.
    DISCLAIMER: BBC owns Doctor Who. Doctor Who was created by Sydney Newman, and the recognizable characters in this story were created by Steven Moffat. If they are not recognizable by the reader then they were created specifically by the author for this story. No money is made off them with this story.

Prologue

Five Years from events of The Name of the Doctor (Clara’s timeline)

After Clara left the TARDIS, a year after he’d regenerated into his 12th incarnation, he visited only visited her once.

To tell her good - bye.

He looked older; so much older than the Doctor she had first met, five years prior in his Eleventh incarnation, the one who had given up his life to save hers. Even older than the incarnation that had come after. It still struck her as odd, even after she’d entered his time stream to save him and having seen all his previous faces, to look at the face of the Doctor and not see the face of the one she had dubbed her ‘clever boy.’ Try as she might, Clara couldn’t deny that she still had the odd pang in missing those blue eyes and that one size too big chin she had first laid eyes on.

The Doctor looking at her now had dark brown eyes, bordering on black with immense grief in them.

He told her he was taking one final trip to Trenzalore.

Clara started to cry.

“Do not cry,” he told her in a voice that told the winter of his long life, “this was always meant to be my fate.”

She nodded, trying to wipe the tears staining her cheeks. It would do neither one any good for her to be crying over him, be it this version, or any other version of him.

He cupped her cheek, like her first Doctor used to. She closed her eyes, not wanting to see him walk away for the last time. Then she felt him reach for her hand. Looking up at his weathered face, he put something cold and metallic in her hand. Not bothering to glance at the object just yet, she looked at him quizzically.

“You’ll know, Clara, what to do with that when the time comes,” he said, “also, there’s these, seeing as I won’t have any use for them anymore.”

Reaching into his pocket, he handed her his psychic paper and a sonic screwdriver. Clara looked at it for a few moments. It looked exactly like the one her first Doctor had when he was alive. With a melancholy expression, she puts all three items in her purse.

“Thank you, Doctor,” she said, hoping he didn’t hear her voice break with her own grief.

“Farewell, Clara,” the Doctor said, finally turning and walking away from her for what would be the last time.

“Good - bye, Doctor,” she whispered, watching his retreating back, heading, presumably towards the TARDIS. She stood there and waited until she could hear those once familiar engines roar to life and then fade for the final time in her life. Then she turned and headed into her flat.

Where Clara Oswin Oswald finally collapsed and cried.

Random Comments likes this.
  2. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    I actually did let out something that sounded like an "eeeeeek!" and bounced up and down in my chair when I clicked on the NSWFF board like five minutes ago. I'm so excited, you have no idea. Doctor Who fanfic! Doctor Who fan fic! Juliet's Doctor Who fan fic!

(I have missed reading fan fic. :p )

Anyway, onwards! Lovely prologue. Gave a great, intriguing impression of things to come. And oh, the Doctor and Clara feels. You can just feel their relationship behind the words they speak to each other.

Where Clara Oswin Oswald finally collapsed and cried.

Oh, Clara... saying goodbye is always difficult. [:D]

Excellent start. I can't wait to see the story you've got for us. :)

3. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I'm still feeling cheated that we're not getting a S8 with Eleven and Clara.

and yeah, I was sad right along with Clara while writing this. Maybe not in near - tears, but sad nonetheless.

And yes, saying good - bye is always difficult
    Starts gearing up for Christmas.

Hopefully more to come soon.

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Juliet, LOL between you and Idrelle - I'm kinda reeled in by Dr. Who @};- [:D] I will be watching this thread. [face_batting]

5. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    :) More to come.

6. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Love to see some fan fic about the clever boy and his impossible companion. Looking forward to more!

7. mrjop2

mrjop2 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 6, 2007
    Great story so far. Still excited about who they will get for the new Doctor. All we know for certain that John Hurt, who cameos in the last episode is the Doctor right before Christopher Eccleston's doctor. So technically, this next doctor is the 13th doctor. We'll have to wait till November how that works out. This was the only spoiler that Moffat revealed... That John Hurt is playing the doctor that happened between that two hour movie they made awhile ago and Christopher Eccleston.

8. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005