main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Doctor Who] Time and Space With The TARDIS (2011 Diary Challenge) Drama/Humor

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by LilyHobbitJedi, Jan 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Title: Time and Space With The TARDIS
    Author: LilyHobbitJedi
    Timeframe: After season 5, leading up to 6
    Characters: The Doctor?s TARDIS, The Doctor, Amy Pond, Rory Williams
    Genre: Drama/Humor/Angst
    Summary: We all know the Doctor?s TARDIS is alive, but what is this magical machine actually feeling?
    AN: So I haven?t participated in the Dear Diary Challenge since the very first one in 2007, but I think I?ll give it a try again. So here it is and I hope you enjoy it. Comments are always appreciated.:)

Time and Space With The TARDIS

Entry 1

I don?t even know where to begin, but I suppose I should introduce myself first and foremost. I am a TARDIS or rather The TARDIS since as of now I?m the last of my kind. To men?s eyes I?m just a ship, granted a very special magical ship, but I?m also a living creature. On Gallifrey our fallen home world, we were older than even the Time Lords. I?ve lived for hundreds of years and seen much, but as long as I have the Doctor with me, I know I can always go on.

To be completely honest, I love the Doctor. When he kidnapped me on Gallifrey all those years ago I was initially not very enthusiastic about this rather peculiar Time Lord. But over the years I?ve come to see what a great person he is and I?m always fascinated to see what he?ll do next. Granted my view is limited seeing as I?m the transportation to the Doctor?s greatest adventures, but it doesn?t matter since I know he will always do what is right.

For the last 48 years I?ve taken the form of a police box that was common during the 1960?s in Earth?s England. Initially it was because of my faulty chameleon circuit, but both the Doctor and myself have come to love the familiar form. I honestly can?t say that I hope the circuit ever gets fixed and if I know the Doctor he never will. Besides why should we miss with a winning combination?

The Doctor is like me in the fact that we both have changed over the years. For me while I?ve never altered the police box, the inside décor has changed almost as much as the Doctor himself. Being a Time Lord he can regenerate upon his death, but the last time he regenerated he nearly destroyed me. Fortunately the Doctor was able to save me and while I repaired myself I couldn?t help but wonder what new and exciting places we would go next.

As it turned out we and the Doctor?s new companion Amy Pond soon found us all across the universe and I eventually was nearly destroyed yet again and the Doctor was coming with me. But thanks to Amy we managed to come back and once again the universe was safe again. At least as safe as it can be.

I know I am a machine, but I?m very proud of the legacy I will leave one day. The Doctor would never be able to save the universe time and time again without me, and I wouldn?t have a true purpose if it wasn?t for the Doctor. So to conclude this, my first entry, I must say that I can?t wait to see what happens next. And in the words of the Doctor?s former incarnation: Allonz-y!

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Interesting. I'll be following this one, since I love the TARDIS/Doctor relationship. And I like what you've done so far.

3. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Aw, she's a beauty, isn't she?! [face_love]

I'm so glad to see a Doctor Diary going this year, and I am definitely intrigued as to the character you have picked - it sure is a creative one. [face_thinking]

The Doctor and the TARDIS always reminded me of Han/Falcon, Kirk/Enterprise. It's definitely a relationship that can be explored, especially since the old girl is sentient, and has been with him for so long.

Oh, I can't wait to see where you go with this! [face_dancing]

~MJ @};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.