main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Doctor Who] UDC 5: Thread Accumulating Response Drabbles in Sets - Set W now up! (10-2-10)

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Salacious_Drabb, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    great sets and thanks for hosting the drabbles=D==D=

2. Salacious_Drabb

Salacious_Drabb Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 24, 2007
    Thanks and you're welcome and here's another.

Set T

Title: The Midnight Ride
    Doctor: Tenth
    Rating: G
    Notes: The challenge theme was "Steed."

Just enough moonlight penetrated the canopy for the Doctor to see the branches whipping his face as his mount plunged on through the forest. He gripped the reins tightly, more just to hang on that to attempt to steer.

Soon, they left the woods behind and, minutes later, arrived at the town. The Doctor halted the animal outside the tavern, climbed from the saddle, and slid down her thorax to the ground.

"You are as good as any horse," he said, patting her head, "and don't let anyone tell you otherwise." The ant, not comprehending any of this, just clicked.

Title: Gone Bananas
    Doctor: Ninth
    Notes: The challenge theme was "Peel."

"You've destroyed our factory!" the chairman cried. "What will we do now?"

The Doctor tossed him a banana. "Here, try this."

The tour guide turned off the simulation. "The board believed the Doctor was warning them away from the arms business, but it's now accepted that he was, in fact, issuing a challenge.

"Here at the Villengard Weapons Grove, we have discovered how to turn this simple fruit toward a variety of defensive and offensive uses. Most of the lethal forms are classified, naturally, but here's our popular Super Slip Subdual System, beloved of law enforcement agencies and educators alike."

Title: The Raging Sea
    Doctor: Third
    Notes: The challenge theme was "Gale."

The boat rocked on the swells that were twenty feet and growing. Despite this, the Doctor stood on the bow, searching the waters for signs of life. He only looked up when he realised the boat was turning around. He staggered back to the wheelhouse. "We have to stay out here!"

"Forget it," the captain said. "Storm's getting worse. Gale warning's been raised to ten and may go even higher before the night's done. Your UNIT friends had the right idea."

The Doctor shouted, "But the Septurons-"

"Won't do them any good if we sink ourselves looking, now will it?"

Title: The Hottest Styles
    Doctor: None
    Notes: The challenge theme was "Stylish."

Once, aeons ago, a TARDIS wasn't just a utility vehicle, borrowed for a mission and returned afterward. A TARDIS was an extension of its operator, a home, a lifeline, and a marker of one's place among Time Lords.

"We have loads of console room designs," the salesman said, activating the holoviewer, "which can be uploaded to your new Type 40 immediately. The coral look is very popular, and these raised catwalks are all the rage. Not interested? Fine, you're a basic white kind of guy, but can I please, please interest you in one thing? Free, just for you, roundels!"

Title: The Lynchpin of Order
    Doctor: Eighth
    Notes: The challenge theme was "Needed."

"Paperwork is necessary!" the clerk yelled. "Paperwork is vital! Without paperwork, there can be no records! Without records, there can be no accountability! Without accountability, there can be no law! Without law, there is only anarchy! There is only chaos! Is that what you want? You are an agent of chaos!"

The Doctor considered. "I'm sure I've been called one before."

Anji came over from her own line. "What's going on? I could hear the shouting from way over there."

"I noticed that forms G and U were the same and suggested they be consolidated."

"See?" the clerk screamed. "Chaos!"

3. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    So many of these made me giggle! I love the ant in "Steed". Definitely just as good as any horse! [face_laugh] And I was glad to see more banana references with Nine in "Peel." :D Bananas are good!

4. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    "Bananas! We haven't done them, have we?"
    [image=http://i.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/050321/151820__banana_l.jpg]

5. Salacious_Drabb

Sep 24, 2007
    Well, my first idea had been to do something based on one of the John Peel novels, but hey, bananas are good.

Set V

Title: A Day at the Beach
    Doctor: First
    Notes: The challenge theme was "Theater."

The Doctor relaxed on the beach and watched Vicki swimming. Ian and Barbara had gone inland to gather firewood; they were certainly taking their time, the Doctor thought.

Then he saw the destroyers coming from over the horizon. "Vicki," he shouted, "come back here now!"

"Why?" she whined. She followed his gaze out to sea. "What are those?"

"Japanese warships," he said. "Hurry, we must find the others."

"That won't be necessary, Doctor." Ian and Barbara emerged from the jungle, surrounded by soldiers.

The Doctor relaxed when he recognised the American uniforms. "Come along. We-" And then the shelling began.

Title: Music Hath Charms
    Doctor: Fourth
    Notes: The challenge theme was "Singing."

"I know what singing is, Doctor!" Romana objected. "We do have music on Gallifrey."

The Doctor nodded, face stern. "Oh, yes, I do know. Music written by computer, cold, sterile, and dull. The point of music is to touch the emotions of the listener, to reach deep into the soul and tug on the heartstrings." He paused, mentally going over his metaphor. "Show me one computer that can do that!"

"'Loving you,'" K-9 sang, "'is easy 'cause you're beautiful.'" Romana smiled triumphantly.

"Yes, well, one computer that isn't a dog," the Doctor amended. "And you sing very well, K-9."

"Affirmative."

Title: The Sontaran Solution
    Doctor: None
    Notes: The challenge theme was "Jokes."

General Quaal threw the report across the bridge. "What cloning centre birthed you imbeciles? You call yourselves Sontarans? Ha! Sontarans don't get their probic vents handed to them by a band of primitives? You are jokes! You hear me? Jokes!" He turned to his adjutant. "Ready my shuttle. I'll be leading the next assault on Earth personally. I will show you how a true Sontaran defeats all enemies!"

The shuttle rolled out of control into the bay, crashing into the far wall. After a moment, the door fell open, and Quaal staggered out. "I hate humans," he wheezed before collapsing.

Title: A Ride Home
    Doctor: Fifth
    Notes: The challenge theme was "Guests."

The Doctor smiled at the nearly forty members of the freighter's crew now squeezed into his console room. "I'll have you back on Earth in no time. Be careful not to touch-" Someone's elbow bumped a control lever, and the panel exploded. "Ah. It may take a little time."

A few hours later to the rest of the universe, but six months to them, the nine remaining crewmembers - those who didn't die or choose to leave after some adventure or other - emerged from the TARDIS. "Does nobody want to stay?" the Doctor asked. All nine turned and ran. "You're sure?"

Title: Power to Influence
    Doctor: Sixth
    Notes: The challenge theme was "Puppets."

"I am the Master, and you will obey me!"

"I don't think so," Mel said. "I've always been hard to hypnotise."

"Really? Lick your paw," the Master commanded.

Mel lifted her hand and ran her tongue down its back. "How'd you make me do that?"

"I didn't do anything." He threw a ball of yarn into the corner, and Mel pounced after it. Soon, she was playing with his other victims. "It's almost too easy."

"You fiend!" the Doctor bellowed from his cage. "Why are you doing this?"

"As a present to you, of course. I thought you liked cats."

6. Salacious_Drabb

Sep 24, 2007
    [face_dancing] And DONE! [face_dancing]

Set W

Title: The Agony and the
    Doctor: Eleventh
    Notes: The challenge theme was "Girl."

Amy wiped the sick from Rory's face as she and the Doctor led him over to a bench. "I'll get you some water," the Doctor offered before stepping away.

"How are you feeling?" Amy asked. "That looked like it hurt."

Rory glared at her. "You wouldn't understand."

"What, because I'm a girl? We can get hit down there too, you know."

"It's not the same," Rory said. "Is it, Doctor?"

The Doctor, just returning, stammered, "Whatever it is, I'm not human, so I'm staying out of it." He handed Rory the water and ran.

Rory and Amy both yelled, "Coward!"

Title: It's a Secret
    Doctor: None (Third)
    Notes: The challenge theme was "Secret."

The Brigadier watched from the wings as the alien ship rose up behind the stage and slowly moved out over the crowd. "Stand by," he ordered into his radio. The seconds seemed to drag before the ship was over open ground. "Fire!"

The UNIT helicopter, hovering just out of view, launched its missiles. The spacecraft exploded, and the crowd cheered. Even the band on stage stopped playing.

Sergeant Benton cleared his throat. "Sir, I don't think we have enough copies of the Official Secrets Act for everyone to sign."

"Secrets Act? It was just a stage effect, Sergeant."

"Yes, sir."

Title: The Flow of Blood
    Doctor: Tenth
    Notes: The challenge theme was "Blood."

"You cannot hope to resist!" the Chelonian chortled. "Now we have this!" He held up a small electronic device slathered in a thick red liquid.

"Oh no," the Doctor deadpanned, "not blood control. Anything but blood control."

"Yes!" the Chelonian cried, missing the sarcasm, "blood control! And guess whose blood this is!"

"Well, would you be showing it if it weren't mine?" the Doctor asked.

"Now you'll be under our power!" The Chelonian placed his hand on the device, and the Doctor stiffened.

And then he relaxed. "You know that doesn't really work when I know you're using it, right?"

Title: Sufficiently Advanced Biology
    Doctor: Second
    Notes: The challenge theme was "Magic."

"Magic," Zoe said, "is merely sufficiently advanced technology."

"Och, ye don't have to tell me," Jamie complained. "I hear that from the Doctor often enough."

The Doctor tutted. "Actually, I said that technology, sufficiently advanced, was indistinguishable from magic. That's Clarke's Third Law."

"Who's Clarke?" Zoe asked.

Jamie glanced back over the boulder they were hiding behind. "So you're saying that great beastie could be magic?"

"I doubt it's either magic or technology," the Doctor said, "but a quirk of natural evolution that's led to animals that resemble dragons from Earth folklore."

"And breathe fire," Zoe added.

"Er, that too."

Title: Kill or Be Killed
    Doctor: Fourth
    Notes: The challenge theme was "Slayer."

The Doctor stood his ground as the beast charged through the brush. At the last moment, he stepped aside but held his coat out in front of the creature.

By the time it shook the coat off its head, the Doctor had whipped off his scarf. He held it out in front of him like a garrotte as the animal charged again.

As the Doctor came to, Leela quickly removed the janis thorn from the beast's hide. "You did it, Doctor," she said.

He grasped his head. "I did what?"

"You slew that creature with your scarf!" she lied.

"Really?"

7. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Great sets and congrats on completing them=D==D=

And thanks for hosting these great drabbles=D=[face_dancing][:D]

8. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    I loved this last set. You are absolutely brilliant at writing Doctor Who; I've really enjoyed your set of drabbles! Congrats on finishing and thanks so much for writing them! [:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.