main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Doctor Who] UDC6: Is there a Doctor in the House? Week 9 Warehouse 13! (Updated 8.13.11!)

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by brodiew, May 23, 2011.

1. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Author Note: A big thank you to Mira_Jade, RK_Striker_JK_5, and Jade_Eyes for being such faithful readers. I'll breathe easier at chapter 10 when we're halfway there.[face_worried]

Theater Seven: It's Not a Remake, It's a Reimagining!

31. Blade (UDC #1)

She had never pictured him with a blade; but when Donna first witnessed the Doctor wielding a rapier to affect their escape, it looked so very natural. He had an Errol Flynn flare about him; all wiry grace, fancy footwork, and cheeky confidence. Fending off three palace guards seemed nothing more than a morning constitutional for her companion. She couldn't believe it when he actually began battling them down a long flight of stairs. But, above all, like Flynn always did, the time lord fought for their lives with a playful grin of exhilaration and absolutely no expectation of failure.

32. Shirt (UDC #2)

Amy Pond stared at the Doctor.

"How is it possible that you're wearing the same shirt," she asked, incredulously. "I mean you were almost burned at the stake, right? I picked up your jacket, but your shirt was on fire!"

The Doctor fidgeted, raising an index finger, ready with and explanation. "Funny you shou-"

"You've told me that you can regenerate, but what about your clothes?" the red head interjected continuing her rapid fire rant. "Do they regenerate as well?"

"Well, er?not-"

"Is there a sweat shop on board? Children eternally sewing the same shirt, pants, and bow tie?"

"No."

33. Window (UDC #3)

There was one thing, only if threatened by physical torture, Rose would consider complaining about aboard the TARDIS. No windows. Sure, the Doctor had opened the front doors and given her a view that made her weak in the knees, but sometimes a girl just wanted to look out the window; put her elbows on the sill, her chin in hands, and daydream.

She wondered if it were possible. Could the TARDIS give itself windows? And, if so, why hadn't it? When she asked the Doctor about it, he snorted and said: "Can't have that. It would kill the illusion."

34. Nowhere to Run (UDC #4)

For an instant he didn't know what the flash had been. He had watched Captain Adelaide Brooke enter her flat and turned back toward the TARDIS. She said the Time Lord Victorious was wrong. Then she proved it. By taking her own life. He slumped against the solid blue doors behind him, mouth slightly agape. Suddenly, he realized and accepted his temporary madness. The sheer magnitude of his hubris.

He sat there for a while; in the middle of the street, in the middle of the night, before he decided that Adelaide Brooke could not be discovered in her home.

35. Captain (UDC #5)

Captain Jack Harkness liked men. And women. He liked males. And females. The distinction is larger than one might think. Given the former time agent's travels with the Doctor as well as his service with the Torchwood Institute, he has encountered more than just the human condition.

He has been known to flirt with a variety of sentient beings ranging from a pink mound of goo to a whitewashed wall. Though, as far as physical compatibility is concerned, he confines himself to humanoid species with the proper, interactive, parts. It's better that way. Much less complicated and infinitely more enjoyable.

2. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Another fun update. :D

Blade: Loved the image of the Doctor fencing. :p No lost hands this time, I hope.

Shirt: Best one of the set! Amy was a trip here. :D

Window: Liked the spin of this - a window would kill any illusion of normalicy. Clever. :p

Nowhere to Run: Spot on observations for a poignant episode.

Captain: [face_laugh]!! Oh, Jack . . .

=D=

~MJ @};-

3. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Mira_Jade: Thanks for your unwavering support. I really appreciate it. 'Shirt' was a favorite of mine too. Given that 11 didn't get his clothes from the the TARDIS wardrobe room, I wondered about how he kept them up. :p Jack Harkness. Now that guy deserves more attention. I may do a set on him. Trouble it will be all Doctor Who and no Torchwood. I haven't seen any...yet. Thanks again.

Author note: Four times brodiew did crossovers and one time he didn't. ;)

Cube

?Did you really do all of those things?? Amy said softly, pressing Rory against a display case.

?What things?? Rory asked, still enraptured by her emergence from the Pandorica.

Grabbing his arm, she pulled him toward the interactive display next to the giant box. She pressed the ?play? button and placed her head on his shoulder as they watched.

?Ah,? he said knowingly. It felt so nice to have her clutching his arm and being close to him after so long. ?Those things.?

Well?? she encouraged.

?Oh, yes, Amy,? he replied, kissing her forehead. ?And I would have done more.?

Sphere

The Doctor was met with a darkened corridor as he exited the TARDIS. Pulling his sonic screwdriver, he threw it in a wide arc and took a quick read of his data. Without a word he struck off from the police box with a determined gait.

When Amy caught up to him, the Doctor was observing a large spherical gateway with strange, ancient looking markings adorning its exterior.

?Hardly as practical as our transportation and limited in both the ability to travel in time and freely in space, it is none the less magnificent!?

?Magnificent,? Amy replied through a yawn.

Cone

?Thank you for coming, Doctor,? Maxwell Smart said in greeting. ?You?ve arrived right in the nick of time.?

?That?s me,? the time lord replied. ?Nick of time. Though the super sonic whistle is only supposed to be for universal emergencies.?

?That?s exactly what we have here,? the CONTROL agent answered seriously. ?Step into the cone of silence.?

?Oi!? the Doctor exclaimed as a small, transparent dome descended from the ceiling forcing him into a chair opposite Smart. ?That hurt!?

?Secrecy is of the utmost importance. Your knowledge is sacrosanct.?

?Does this contraption actually work??

?That depends on who you ask.?

Cylinder

Doctor McCoy exited sickbay with his head down, adjusting the dosage on a hypospray. His shoulder brushed another entering the corridor, causing him to drop the instrument.

?Pardon me,? McCoy grumbled, retrieving his lost item.

?So sorry,? replied the other man, also looking for something on the floor.

McCoy picked up the first thing that glinted of steel. His eyebrows furrowed, noticing the glowing cobalt tip and high pitched whirring.

?Doctor,? said the other man, unceremoniously removing the sonic instrument from his hand and returning his hypospray.

?Doctor?? replied McCoy, confused.

?That?s right,? the other man answered. ?Carry on, then.?

Pyramid

Almost before the grinding, wheezing sound reached his ears, Artie knew trouble had come to the Warehouse. The questions that needed immediate answering were:

Which one was he?

Who was with him?

What did he want?

Turning from his research, he saw a young, gangly man with floppy brown hair, tweed, and a bow tie standing in front of the TARDIS.

?New face, Doctor?? Artie asked, gruffly.

?Exactly, Arthur!? the Doctor replied buoyantly. ?You?ve always been an observant one!?

?What is it this time??

?Need to get into that Pyramid out there,? the time lord explained, pointing out the window.

4. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Woohoo, but the crossover bug has bit you too! :D [face_dancing] And they were AWESOME. =D=

Cube: Oh, Pandorica fluff!! That was one of my favorite plots to date, and you handled it marvously. :D

Sphere: Stargate! :D Oh, but all the fun places that that drabble could lead . . .

Cone: *snorts* You know, it works. In more way than one. :p

Cylinder: :D I LOVE abusing McCoy with this plot.

Pyramid: This was fun even with little Warehouse fandom backstory. Very, very nicely done. =D=

Another great set!

~MJ @};-

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Hmm. No windows or viewports :p [face_laugh]

And self-regenerating clothing -- handy -- for women with panty hose - no more runs [face_laugh] [face_mischief]

And if you gain or lose too much weight -- you can alterate your own wardrobe [face_laugh]

~~

Woot! Dr. meets McCoy and Maxwell Smart.

FUN! FUN!

I still would like to lock Daala and Jacen/Cadeus in the TARDIS until they get some sense [face_laugh]

[:D]

!!

6. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Ack, sorry! And did you look up the Sixth Doctor yet? ;)

Anyway,

7/13-Good thing Donna never net the Third Doc. He once fenced the Master, disarmed him and stole his sandwich! :D And... that's not a joke, either. He really did that. Rose, I don't think you'd like staring at the vortex. Big storm out there. And captain Jack! :D

7/19-Yeah, Rory's getting up there in companion awesomeness. :D I think I'll take a Stargate, Doc. A lot more reliable than Sexy. ;) And you get Jack O'Neill, to boot. No, it doesn't work. That's the charm of the Cone. :p i do wanna do a ST/DW crossover, simply because unlike most humans from DW, the ST ones are rather smart when it comes to the tech. And... no clue about the last one.

7. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Author note: I know I've neglected this thread for a coulple of weeks, and I'm not sure I'm completely inspired, but, at least I'm back in the mood. [face_thinking] Please Enjoye week 9 which is a crossover with Warehouse 13. It picks up following 'Pyramid' from Week 8.

Week 7

Who

An awkward silence hung between them as the Doctor waited for Artie?s response. He didn?t like staring contests, so he decided to look around the room instead.

?Yes?and?? Artie replied. ?Even though you enjoy a special status with the Regents, we prefer to, at least, know what you?re up to.?

?Aha!? the Doctor exclaimed, pointing a finger in the air and approaching Arthur?s desk. ?Yes, well, it turns out I?ve forgotten something; something very important to the fate of the universe.?

?If it?s so important, why don?t you just go back to when you left it and pick it up??

What

?It?s all rather time-wimey-?

?-Wibbly-wobbly,? Arthur finished for him. ?I know.?

?Must?ve said that before,? the Doctor said, scratching his head. ?My memory isn?t what it used to be.?

?I think your memory is fine, Doctor,? the warehouse caretaker said. ?What is it you?re looking for??

?It?s embarrassing, you know,? the Doctor replied. ?I?m supposed to keep it with me at all times; not let it fall into the wrong hands.?

?You lost your Sonic?? Artie said, standing in shock.

The time lord pulled his sonic screwdriver from his jacket and showed it to Arthur.

?Then what??

?My psychic paper.?

Why

Artie blew out a breath in relief. ?Oh. Well, it?s not exactly a weapon or something catastrophically dangerous.?

The Doctor turned a disappointed gaze on the shorter man before him. ?There are clever men in all times, Arthur. Your Warehouse is a testament to that. Imagine what a clever man could do with the paper.?

?Ok, so it poses a certain threat level. Why can?t you just go get it??

?It?s complicated. Not easy. Difficult. Arduous, Arthur! I need to retrieve it from your pyramid.?

?So which is it: crossing your own timeline or changing history entirely??

?Yes, that?s it.?

When

At that moment, Claudia entered from a side door, offering the time lord a dodge from his host?s questions.

?Arthur, you have a ginger of your own!?

?Ginger?? Artie replied, unsure of the reference.

?I think he means redhead,? the young tech whiz offered. ?It?s British slang.?

Ignoring her comment, the curator said: ?Come on, Doctor. Let?s get this over with. By the way, is there a reason you didn?t just take the TARDIS inside the pyramid??

?I would think you already knew,? The Doctor answered. ?A rather nasty cave in caused by murder, betrayal, forbidden love, and other chicanery.?

Where

?We were running,? the Doctor said as they approached the entrance to the pyramid. ?There was a fire; and uninvited guests.?

?Pretty cramped quarters for all the hoopla you?re describing, Doctor,? Artie replied.

?Do you doubt my words, Arthur?? the time lord replied, stopping in his tracks and meeting the caretaker?s eyes.

?I don?t doubt you, Doctor. I?m just not aware of the event you?re referring to. That concerns me, given that this artifact has been in Warehouse custody for more 2000 years.?

?Won?t you just look at that!? the Doctor exclaimed, pointing at the smoke emanating from the entrance.

8. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I am LOVING these crossovers. Even though I am not familiar with Warehouse 13, I am familiar enough with the primise to get the general flow of this. And it was a trip to read. :D

This:

?We were running,? the Doctor said as they approached the entrance to the pyramid. ?There was a fire; and uninvited guests.?

Best line ever, IMHO. :p

=D=

~MJ @};-

9. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    brodie! I just got into Doctor Who and these are magnificent! And I love the crossover with Warehouse 13 (which I also just started watching).

I hope the muse strikes again!