main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Documentary for SW Film contest

Discussion in 'Archive: Seacoast, NH' started by Cephas, Feb 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cephas

Cephas Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2003
    So, I'm wondering what everyone thinks about a documentary based out of the Cantina for the SW film contest as we discussed at the last meeting? I can film a lot of it if not all no problem. I can also work it in parts.

One thing I'd like to do if feature everyone from the group around the round table. Basically, I was thinking we feature the history of the group and the group's history with the films. How the films have influenced our lives (without sounding like dorky geeks).

It's a thought. Every documentary needs to have a direction. I'd like to know our direction before we just shoot endless rolls of films and edit a mess of nothing together. It's look like something from the FOX network. Not good! :)

I think most of the doc. should be shot at The Cantina. But I'd like some outside footage as well. Maybe even some home footage of us in our natural habitats?

I'd like everyone to give me their thoughts on this. Hobbiez will be doing the music with maybe Rik doing some too. The Doc. can only be 15 minutes max. But I think we can have some making it. We could do two versions. One for the contest, one for the group? Maybe a documentary on why we created a group on the films?

-Cephas

2. Hobbie107

Hobbie107 Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2003
    Hey Cephas just wanted to know exactly what type of Music you wanted. Of course I have the original SW music. But also I have techno remixes, rap remixes with Yoda singing. Also Darth Vader "Rapping". Metallica remix of the Imperial March. You want it I'm sure that I can get it, or aleast Make it myself. Hope the Band doesn't mind. I'm really looking forward to doing this. Let me know. All input from everyone is appreciated.

3. Kriana

Kriana Jedi Youngling

Oct 21, 2002
    Hobbs sweetie, I think we need original music... y'know the kind with no rights attached? ne?
    Kri

4. Hobbie107

Hobbie107 Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2003
    Well That's the Idea Kriana, LOL. I know what you mean. If anyone has any Ideas like what they want to hear. Let me know, and I'll see exactly what I can do. Plus we'll have to run it by Cephas also. so fill me and him in.

5. Cephas

Feb 23, 2003
    i want to keep the music choice at the end when we edit the film.

But I'm thinking of a montage of themes from the SW saga. Kinda like, the fanfare at the opening, an imperial march at one point, Lei's theme at another, etc. All flowing into the next creatively so it's just one track, like the end credit themes at the end of each film.

As the doc. is edited, I'll know more. Right now I need ideas on subject matter.

-Cephas

6. Cephas

Feb 23, 2003
    Hobbie, I just thought of something I think you of all people would enjoy doing - how about a fun 3 minutes or so piece of a boy band type song and video where everyone is dressed as a character from the films and sings and dances like Backstreet Boys or N-Sync?

I think it'd be a lot of fun and be really funny to see the finished product? I'd actually be willing to do it even though I can't sing. We don't really need to know how to sing as long its fun to watch is what I say.

Call the group the Outer Rim Jedis (get it? Backstreet = Outer Rim?) I think this would be hilarious to see. Who else wants to do this? :p

-Cephas

7. Hobbie107

Hobbie107 Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2003
    OMG Cephas. I love the idea. I would really love to help put that one together. God the idea of a (Backstreet or Ns**) "rip-off" even in our own style sounds awesome. Hmmmm let me know what you wanna do with that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.