main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark Does a pg 13 rating affect your ep3 viewing?

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Wet_Fett, Apr 26, 2005.

?

Does a pg 13 rating affect your ep3 viewing?

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

85.7%
  3. Maybe

14.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wet_Fett

Wet_Fett Jedi Master star 1

Apr 24, 2002
  2. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    I'm still taking my 9 yr old to see it. He knows it's fake so he knows that this stuff isn't real. Otherwise I'd not let him go. ;) So since he 'knows' I don't mind.

3. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    I voted yes because I may not let my boys see it until they are a lot older. At the very least I am going to see it several times until I can memorize all the places to cover their eyes and ears. Right now I dont' plan on letting them see it at the theatre (they are 2 and 4)--I will probably make a toddler edit when I get the DVD.

4. Wet_Fett

Apr 24, 2002
    I'm tryen to fight that dvd edit thing...i (among other film makers)so please...no

5. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    Give me a break. Once you put your art out there people can do with it what they please. Personally I think DVDs should come with TV or airplane edit versions.
    You are telling me that I shouldn't make a safer version of ROTS for my children who love Star Wars and who will be disappointed that that they can't see it in the theater? They have known the title of the movie for a year now and I have to tell them they can't go.
    I am an artist. I understand artist's intent and tinkering forever and not caring what fanboys think of the "special changes," but once the art is in my living room it is mine.
    I am so excited about editing DVD players. Finally I will get a chance to see some great films that are otherwise just a little too offensive for my taste. For instance, I saw Dogma and Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back edited on TV recently and absolutely loved them. But I have seen clips of unedited K. Smith movies and I can't stomach them. So yay for me when I can see them anytime I want in the comfort of my own living room with my editing DVD player.
    No-one is suggesting the film be censored in the theater. People can see the version they want to see. I just want to make a version my little padawans can watch when it is available on video.

6. Wet_Fett

Apr 24, 2002
    First off, if your offended by a film dont watch it. I don't take offence to anything but people trying to remake a film. Secondly, If your kids have seen ep2,4,5,or6 then they have seen the worst of violence.

7. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    OK thats enough each to there own. You both have good ideas and beliefs. I personally dont mind what Tre' watches first he likes F/X and knows that its fake. And at the same time I would rather him to learn it here at home with me to explain than on the streets or school.
    Tre' is here reading this and said that he thinks that younger kids dont really understand and arnt that scared that much anyway. They may act scared or have a bad dream about it but if a parent is there to explain it will be ok.
    There you have it from the mouths of babes.

8. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    By the same token, what stops someone from skipping a few chapters in a novel because it's boring or it maybe doesn't appeal to the reader? Shouldn't that person be able to make a logical choice since it is their book now to read as they like?

I think it is just a matter of preference to different people. Freedom is something we all cherish and being able to express it by viewing a movie the way you want is part of it. I believe this in no way violates freedom from the filmmakers. They made the movie they wanted by their own choice. Let the people decide how they want to watch it. Because if you don't, you piss people off and they will conclude not to watch your movies anymore. It's a snowball waiting to be an avalanche in my opinion. Just a few cents worth.... ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.