main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Does accuracy count as a natural six critical?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Jedi_KitFisto, Nov 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_KitFisto

Jedi_KitFisto Jedi Youngling

Nov 24, 2002
    Does it count? because its not really a "natural six" because it could have been a 5 before. any ideas?

-Kit

2. Bacabachaui

Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    To be a "Natural Six" it must be rolled as an actual 6. If it is a 5 and you add 1 because of accuracy, then it is an unnatural 6.

So basically, only an actually rolled 6 will count as a critical hit.

3. Jedi_KitFisto

Nov 24, 2002
    thanks...but what if you roll a nat six and it becomes a 7 from accuracy? Is it still critical?

4. Bacabachaui

Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Yes. The rules are a bit vaugue on this but basically the official answer has been yes, because it is still a natural six before the modification.

On another note or similar situation;I haven't checked the ANH rules to see if this is changed, but the AOTC rules state that every 4, 5, or 6 is a "hit". Technically speaking then a unit with Accuracy 2 (maybe one built in and another from a battle card for instance) would "miss" on 5 and 6 since they become 7 and 8, and are therefore not a "4,5 or 6". Although this just seems silly, "rules lawyers" might try to argue this. However WotC has officially said that they are all still hits (anything above 3 after modifications like accuracy), making the Accuracy count for what it is supposed to do, which is increase the odds. Again, I do not remember if the ANH rules clarified this or not.

5. Jedi_KitFisto

Nov 24, 2002
    yea, that does sound kind of fishy. But i guess it works....thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.