main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Does Anakin ever say....

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by starwarsagent, Apr 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starwarsagent

starwarsagent Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    May the force be with you?

If not. why not?

2. AaronKenobi

AaronKenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 29, 2004
    Kinda in AOTC Obiwan says it to him and he says may it be with you to master.

3. starwarsagent

Jul 4, 2004
    I wonder if he even believes in the force. does he say it in ROTS? clearly only obi-wan said it in AOTC and anakin responded, just to be nice.

anyone see anything wrong with this?

4. Oracle_Ye_Prophecy

Oracle_Ye_Prophecy Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 15, 2004
    errr no to be rude but the guy USES the Force! Ofcourse he beleives in it!

5. MooMoney

MooMoney Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 30, 2005
    Anakin probably will never be seen saying it or believes in saying it because, being that he his the chosen one and he is the living force as they say that he knows the force is with him because his that damb good when it comes to using and controling it...it has to go with that whole cocky attitude when it comes to anyone who believes they are that damb good that they dont need luck or believe in it...

6. DARTHMORDOR

DARTHMORDOR Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    good point. to be honest I had not thought about. but even han said it.

the fact the anakin has never said it does have some meaning. perhaps his selfishness?

7. Chaotic_Serenity

Chaotic_Serenity Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2004
    More like Anakin never grasped the true principles of being a Jedi. Certainly he excelled at the physical and combatative nature of a Jedi warrior, but much of the harmonic and spiritual philosophy was lost on him. Hence why he has no emotional control: he never understand (or wanted to recognize) that a Jedi's balance had to do as much with his internal makeup as his exterior. That would have required things like self-examination and actually facings his own fears and personal flaws, and he's just too cool for that.

Anakin Skywalker doesn't strike me as someone who really is particulary fond of the idea of destiny. Sure, he enjoys the prestige the "Chosen One" title gives him, but actually believing in an omniscent power controlling his fate really can't sit well with his psychological control and domination issues.

8. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Anakin has said it. He says it in AOTC to Obi-Wan in the scene where they say goodbye before Anakin and Padmé leave for Naboo.

9. Saberwielder315

Saberwielder315 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Thats what was said above, he says, :may it be with you to, Master."

Along the lines of believing. I think Anakin did believe, but he also believed he could master it and become the best in a way that was not possible. Anakin believed I feel that the Force was his and he could control it in any way he saw fit.

10. Obladi_Oblada

Obladi_Oblada Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 18, 2005
    He doesn't say, "May it be with you." He actually says, "May the Force be with you, Master." So yes, he has said it. As for whether he believes in it..

"The power to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force."

I'd say so. Some would say has a kind of sad devotion, really.

11. Chaotic_Serenity

Chaotic_Serenity Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2004
    Of course it's pathetic. When it comes down to it, Vader is a coward and an empty shell of a person. Anakin lost everything he cared about when he turned - and, worse, he can't blame anyone but himself. (He tries to, mind you, but deep down, he must know the truth. His self-loathing comes from somewhere.) All he really has left as Vader is his Sith hunger for power and the purpose the Emperor gives him as the right hand of the Empire...and even that is waning by the time ANH rolls around.

12. starwarsagent

Jul 4, 2004
    but strilo. its like he was force to say it. its like when your girl says "i love you" and you say it back just to make her happy. how come he never says it first? I get the idea he was just being nice to obiwan. he doesnt seem to be the kind of person to say things like, take care, good luck, have fun. you know he is not a nice guy and it shows, by him not initianting the "may the force be with you" line.

toughts?

13. openmind

openmind Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    I thought the Force is just the Force. If your intention is to use for the bad, that's upto the user. Even Dooku says "the Force is with us". But they are manipulating it, having it WORK for them.

14. TDHArtist

TDHArtist LFL Webstrip Artis star 4 VIP

Dec 31, 2000
    Keep in mind, Luke only said it once throughout the entire OT.

Anakin not saying it really doesn't mean much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.