main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Does Anakin/Vader fulfilled the Profecy???

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Rex_Karrde, Aug 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rex_Karrde

Rex_Karrde Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2001
    What was the profecy and did Anakin/Vader or Luke fulfilled it?

In my eyes, Anakin/Vader did it. In order to be balance in the force, there can be no Jedi/Sith. Vader wiped out all the Jedis and killed Palpatine before he died. He brought balance to the force. Luke was the new hope.

2. the_multiman

the_multiman Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2002
    I always saw it as the the Dark Side causes imbalance (sp?) just by being present.

Dark Side = conflict/chaos
    Light Side = peace/harmony

chaos = imbalance
    harmony = balance

By Vader giving old Palpy the heave-ho he turned to the Light Side and destroyed the last remaining proponent to the Dark Side. Peace and harmony is restored and balance is brought back to the Force.

There can be Jedi since they are the proponents of peace and justice. There just can't be any Sith since they cause conflict out of their greedy modivations.

3. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    My guess is that both Luke and Anakin/Vader fulfilled the phrophecy...
    Luke was the only one who could bring Anakin/Vader back to the light side...
    Anakin/Vader was the only one who could destroy Palpatine
    So together they brought balance back...
    AOTC brings up the point that the Jedi were in trouble....some going over to the dark side...some "overconfident"....losing touch with the Force....
    By the end of ROTJ....only Luke remained to try and restart and restore the Order back to what it was(?)
    Works for me.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.