main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Does anybody actually LIKE Starsailor?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by DARK_SCORE, Jan 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MOTs_Minx

MOTs_Minx Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 26, 2000
    waaaaaaaaaaaa :_|

Say it isnt sooo....not the NME!

Surely Smash Hits! The No 1!!!

Or the Disco 45 (I bet yous cant remember that one ;) )

2. Capt-Mentalist

Capt-Mentalist Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    Dun worry Alpha , as far as I'm concerned ... debates over , I think AFI is treating it that way to . I don't think there will be any grudge bearing . I know I won't .. I just enjoy a good argument :)

3. Capt-Mentalist

Oct 8, 2001
    OK Cass , Smash Hits it is .. but the first good review you give to decent music and your sacked .

4. DARK_SCORE

DARK_SCORE Jedi Master star 4

Oct 26, 2000
    MOTs,

What's wrong with Oasis and "repetitive dance music" ??? Tee hee! :D

5. MOTs_Minx

MOTs_Minx Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 26, 2000
    Like I said. Oasis are crap and dance music is repetitive noise ;)

How's that for a review Jim?

LOL

6. DARK_SCORE

DARK_SCORE Jedi Master star 4

Oct 26, 2000
    I've been to the Smash Hits Pollwinners' Party TWICE !!!!!

Admittedly, I didn't pay to go - but it was wicked fun. I saw A1 actually FLY!!!!!!!!!

7. Capt-Mentalist

Oct 8, 2001
    Excellent cass , I'm making you editor .

8. AlphaWolf

AlphaWolf Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 27, 2000
    "Dun worry Alpha , as far as I'm concerned ... debates over , I think AFI is treating it that way to ."

Good, then that's the end of it. :)

9. Ramesh

Ramesh Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2000
    Regarding the subject, yes I do actually like Starsailor 'cos they're a bit good and Love Is Here was in my opinion the best album of last year. Coldplay are top banana as well.

10. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Jedi Youngling

Dec 24, 2001
    I liked them... until I saw them live, and heard them go on about how modest they are in EVERY interview they do!

They need to sort out their stage lights... they nearly blinded me, and I'm no newbie to gigs!

And as for lead singer... what a ****! We have our own version of Lullaby: "Get back on your feet again... you fat ugly ****" I think you'll find that lyric fits in quite well with the rest of the song ;)

Why does he look like a fat, dim-witted version of the mad emperor from Gladiator?

EDIT:Blank out the whole word please. Especially that one.

11. adamTK-421

adamTK-421 Jedi Youngling

Jan 4, 2002
    hahahaha... got a bit out of hand up at the top there! do love that 'don't like anything unless it's got double bass drums' one from AFI. nice one!
    well at the risk of adding fuel to the fire i gotta say i like slipknot. have both their albums and they are fun to listen to at home or in a club. i don't think the masks have anything to do with their success. just cos they wear weird stuff don't alter the fact that their music FUN (operative word). I enjoyed their set at reading 2000 a lot.
    however i also enjoy linkin park, papa roach (who i saw last year and were excellent) and bizkit (also good at reading). they are a lot of fun too, and def good for rock/metal as it allows a lot of kids to discover the genre and increase the demand for more metal music. personal opinion, i don't think you CAN take them seriously. but the music is fun. and that's what counts in my book.
    BUT am also the biggest metallica fan in the world bar jason b4 he joined (and if they don't get their act together soon i shall sulk in the corner), love iron maiden, therapy?, slayer, sepultura, rage against the machine (killer at reading, so glad saw them b4 zach split), system of a down, disturbed, pantera, foo fighters, nirvana, pitchshifter etc etc! also love sting, queen, aerosmith, thin lizzy, stereophonics, manics, muse, ash, feeder (respect, rip jon, keep it going grant and take, we need good british bands like you), idlewild, bluetones, less than jake, mad caddies, nofx, living end etc etc! and the list goes on and on and on and on...a lot like duracell batteries in many respects.
    point is....

hummm....

oh yeah, point is i like loads of different types and genres of music. i'm sure most people here do too. BUT above it was like 'well, i don't like slipknot.' 'oh, well i do.' 'oh.' hello? music is about as personal as u can get. i like cheese, but if someone came up to me and said 'what? cheese sucks!' what's the liklehood of me going 'well gosh, you're right! and i'm here liking cheese! what a smeghead i've been! i'll stop right now.' err...nope.
    this is the best bit of the post and prob no-one's been bothered to read down this far. oh well...i'm going to go listen to some angry slipknot on my headphones! nighty night!

p.s. yep, starsailor are alright. coldplay are better though!! in my opinion... ;)

12. AFIdude666

AFIdude666 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2001
  13. Ooh_Aah_Cantona

Ooh_Aah_Cantona Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 13, 2000
    see what happens when I go away for the afternoon!

14. Capt-Mentalist

Oct 8, 2001
    I'm keeping my gob shut . Heheh

15. Gav Daragon

Gav Daragon Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 25, 2000
    I have very eclectic tastes - but metal is one thing I can not stand. It's just my opinion, but how anyone can find that emotive is beyond me

16. Arun Dale

Arun Dale Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 21, 1999
    Well I like Motorhead..The Ace of Spades is a true classic...and Lemmy is a Rock-Star in the true sense of the word..he would eat most of these guys for lunch and wash them down with 4 bottles of JD

17. Capt-Mentalist

Oct 8, 2001
    JD ... mmmmmmmmmmm

:'( .. but i've quit drinking ... waaaaaah

18. Ooh_Aah_Cantona

Dec 13, 2000
    OMG! you've quit drinking Capt? How long has it been?

I've stopped drinking on weekdays completely now. Only doing one day a week. I think it's called binge drinking. But I have cut down, as long as I don't drink a gas chamber I'm alright. I now sip my drink as oppossed to gulping it.

19. Capt-Mentalist

Oct 8, 2001
    New Years eve was my last night of drinking , and partially contributed to my determination to keep off it for at least a month .

20. Arun Dale

Arun Dale Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 21, 1999
    I'm gonna quit smoking for good this year..

21. Capt-Mentalist

Oct 8, 2001
    same here Arun .

22. Ooh_Aah_Cantona

Dec 13, 2000
    New Years eve was meant to be the start of my six week detox. I lasted four days [face_plain]

So I've changed my plan and cut down. But since I'm not drinking on the weekdays anymore, I get to pend 3/4 nights in the gym on the treadmill and rowing machines. And eat healthily cause I actually have time to cook. :)

23. MayhemUK

MayhemUK Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2001
    Oh my god... Arun and I agreed about Nintendo a few days back, and now we agreed on Motorhead too. Let me faint :D

24. Capt-Mentalist

Oct 8, 2001
    We can but pray mayhem .. we can but pray . Just don't expect anyone to catch you :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.