main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Does anybody else love the ROTJ end theme in place of the Ewok Song?!

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Jotun Denal, Feb 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    I like it much better than the YUB.

2. klingklang

klingklang Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 12, 1999
    I actually prefer the Yub Yub song, but mostly for sentimental reasons.

3. EmperorsHalberdier

EmperorsHalberdier Jedi Youngling

Jan 20, 2001
    I think that they should have thought about initially starting out with "Yub Nub" (not Yub Yub, I have the sheet music) and then bridging it into the new, more epic music to reflect the galactic scope. Consider it the onion effect - local celebration reflects the
    galactic one. JMHO

4. Darth Rayder

Darth Rayder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 1999
    I think it goes into the end credits just fine. The sudden crash of the Star Wars theme is prevelant(sp?) in all the movies..none of the end themes before the credits really segues into the SW theme..except the ANH celebration...but that one has a less brassy start to the credits..has anyone else noticed that?

5. Chimaera27

Chimaera27 Jedi Youngling

Feb 19, 2001
    Awwwww,man!
    You know, it makes me mist up every time i hear it...I guess that's the idea, and it works so well! I think it strikes the right balance between hope, camraderie, quiet pride and diffuse joy. It has a wonderful 'ending' feeling about it that i think is just right. Still, I loke the ewok theme too!

6. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    This theme is so much better than the old ewok song, not to mention in ROTJ:SE, we get to see the galaxy in celebration, while in the original version, we just saw the ewoks celebrating

7. Jotun Denal

Jotun Denal Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    I just watched the movie and I think the transition into the traditional credit theme is fine...

8. Trippitaka

Trippitaka Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 22, 2000
    Listen to the original ending again, and then compare it.

It sounds silly, but even when that ewok is banging the stormtrooper helmets, it's still in sync with the old song rather than the new one.
    IMO the old song was more in sync with the final scenes (e.g when the spirits appear) than the new one is. Especially the way the music builds up from the yub-yub bit to the full orchestration when Leia leads Luke back to the fire and the three spirits are watching.

9. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    I like it, but i grew up on Yub Yub too. I will always like Yub Yub, the best!! ;)

10. Cindé of Naboo

Cindé of Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2000
    Yes, if only for nostalgic reasons, I will always love the Yub Yub song best!

11. DarthHomer

DarthHomer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2000
    "I enjoyed the Celebration theme as well, except for one tiny detail; there's a note, or a measure in there at the end, where it just doesn't dovetail into the end credits music"

I've heard people say the same thing about the end of TPM, as well. Can anyone explain exactly what the problem is, for all us musical philistines out there? :)

BTW, Pinback, did you get your name from Dark Star? I love that movie!

12. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    This is a good idea:

"I think that they should have thought about initially starting out with "Yub Nub" (not Yub Yub, I have the sheet music) and then bridging it into the new, more epic music to reflect the galactic scope. Consider it the onion effect - local celebration reflects the galactic one."

13. DarthHomer

DarthHomer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2000
    Celebrate the Love! :D

14. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Don't get me wrong, I love "Yub, Yub", I've even been seen in my car headbanging to the drums...fear for me :) but I think the end theme in ROTJ SE captured the mood of the scene better showing celebration around the galaxy. It showed that this wasn't an isolated incident, but the liberation of the galaxy. It would be like saying they only partied in Paris at the end of the WWII Europian Campaign.

15. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    I think the reason GL only showed Endor at the end of RotJ is because he didn't have a big enough budget, not because he didn't want to... I still like the new version better.

16. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    Maybe they could have stayed true to the orchestra, to complete the circle of the movies. Anyway, it was great, and I think there were some parallels to earlier themes like Luke/Leia...

17. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    Yes, Yes, Yes!

18. One-Swift-Stroke

One-Swift-Stroke Jedi Youngling

Jan 18, 2001
    New Age Horror, quite frankly. Q:Was it JW?

19. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    I was going to say what Cindé said. I love the Celebration song, but Yub Yub has a special place in my heart due to nostalgia.

20. Erin Kenobi

Erin Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2000
    I love the Victory Celebration and "Yub Yub" song. The new music seems to be better for the ending of the Star Wars saga, but I think "Yub Yub" is the better ending for the trilogy.

21. martymcflyjedimaster

martymcflyjedimaster Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2001
    Return of the Jedi special edition end theme was far better than the original but I still think that the cd should have had the original ending as well.

22. JollyJedi

JollyJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 2, 2000
    "The new music seems to be better for the ending of the Star Wars saga, but I think 'Yub Yub' is the better ending for the trilogy."

That's exactly how I feel about the songs too, Erin Kenobi.

23. barnsthefatjedi

barnsthefatjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 17, 2001
    No, I prefer the Ewok song.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.