main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Does anybody feel the way I do?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Professor Moriarty, Jan 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Professor Moriarty

Professor Moriarty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 27, 1999
    I'm not sure how many of you out there feel about the deleted scenes from Episodes I and II, but personally I think the films woulds have been way better with them in. Like the DVD release of TPM when they included the podrace deleted scenes into the film, Ive been messing around with my burner and trying to compile an "Ultimate Edition" of Star Wars. When it's all said and done(post Ep. III), do any of you plan on doing this? And if so, where in the films would you insert the scenes(my biggest debacle at the time)? It may not be George Lucas' vision, but if he filmed it they were supposed to be there in the first place. e.g. : like the waterfall scene from the TPM, why it was cut I have no idea.

2. BobaFrank

BobaFrank Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 17, 2001
    For TPM they added the 2nd lap of the podrace and the taxi scene when they first arrive on Coruscant.

I do agree with you that they should have added more scenes in AOTC specifically with Padme's parents house. It would have helped the love story more because it is very forced(no pun intended) the way it stands.

3. Professor Moriarty

Professor Moriarty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 27, 1999
    What you said about the love story is exactly what I had in mind. The whole "before I die I just wanted you to know that I truely, deeply love you." crap just seemed so sudden.

4. DarthLazious

DarthLazious Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    Dude your not alone.
    I agree with you all the way.

5. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    All those deleted scenes were great! They should have been in there.

The Parents House was crucial.

Lucas says that the family did not fit.
    I think the opposite they would have made the love scenes better!

6. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I think he cut them for time as the movie was already two hours twenty minutes without them. However, I think it's an example of Lucas cutting story for the big snazzy effects sequences that can bore. Some of the battle of Geonosis could have been cut down instead.

As for TPM, I have no clue why they added MORE of the podrace into the DVD. Now it's just so unbearibly long I skip it. I wish for more scenes with Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon.

-sj loves kevin spacey

7. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I agree that most of the cut scenes should have been reinserted like the ones inside Padme's home, but others should stay out.

Solojones mentioned the one that has been nagging at me for a while. Why in the world Lucas reinserted the extended podrace scenes, I would never know. It really drags out the whole sequence to a point where it's almost unbearable to sit through all the nonsense. Solojones has the right idea about skipping this chapter.

8. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    I really think the scenes in Padmé's parents' house should have been left in the final cut.

9. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I agree that the scenes at Padme's family's house should have been kept in - it really develops her character, and I think I would have cared about her more in AOTC had they been included.

The entire meadow scene could have been cut. The Coruscant chase scene is awesome, but it could have been shorter too.

Hmmm....I really like the TPM pod race cut scenes - I think they should have been inserted and maybe the length could have been cut down in other ways.

Most of the TPM cut scenes are great.

In AOTC, was I the only one disappointed with the deleted scenes (besides Padme's family)?

The Obi-Wan library-droid scene was useless.

I really liked Obi-Wan's scene with Mace going to the Jedi Starfighter better than the Yoda/Mace/Obi-Wan scene in AOTC, but it was kind of redundant.

I felt kind of gypped - I was hoping for the Droid Control Ship attack scene and maybe an extended Mace/Jango scene, but that's life I suppose.

10. imapilotyoureapilot

imapilotyoureapilot Jedi Youngling

Jan 8, 2004
    I wish they had more deleted scenes to add to both movies. ESPECIALLY more scenes between Natalie Portman and the little kid. Those were the best.

11. Alomanuma_Topha

Alomanuma_Topha Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 2, 2004
    See, I think they should have deleted more scenes. Pretty much all scenes should have been deleted.

12. imapilotyoureapilot

imapilotyoureapilot Jedi Youngling

Jan 8, 2004
    Interesting idea. We could have just sat in a theater imagining a good Star Wars movie instead. That would've been worth 8 bucks.

13. JBRO13

JBRO13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 29, 2003
    Run all 6 films into one long epic. Deleted scenes included.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.