main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Does anybody know...?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by princess-sari, Mar 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. princess-sari

princess-sari Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2000
    Does anybody know how many moons Alderaan had, if any? I tried looking it up in the Unofficial Encyclopedia and couldn't find anything and I don't have access to any resource books right now. Thanks! :)

2. Padawan_Di-Lee

Padawan_Di-Lee Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2000
    Per the novelization of ANH, Alderaan has/had no moons. I've never checked any other sources, though.

3. princess-sari

Nov 20, 2000
    Thanks, Di-Lee. :)
    Do you know, I read that passage of the ANH novelization over just a few moments ago (and more than once, too) and still didn't pick up on that line. [face_blush] Sheesh. That's embarrassing. [face_blush] :p

4. Alderaan_

Alderaan_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2001
    And don't forget what Han said about Alderaan having no moons in the ANH movie :)

Edit: wait, he never said that... maybe it was in the novel [face_blush]

5. DarthHavoc

DarthHavoc Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 18, 2002
    In one of my books about the main planets, it makes a comment of these people flying on creatures in the moonlight on Alderaan.
    I, myself, have searched out the very question you have. There is no direct mention of a moon, but that one bit I'd found.

6. JediGaladriel

JediGaladriel Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 1999
    There is, however, a direct mention of there being no moon, at least in the ANH novel, and I also think I remember Han saying it.

Easy to goof when you're writing a setting with one simple but fundamental difference! (I also wrote a scene in Alderaanian moonlight, then smacked myself on the forehead and said, "D'oh!" :))

7. Casper_Knightshade

Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost star 6

Oct 18, 2000
    I checked my Old SW source paperback: no, Alderaan has no moon.

8. princess-sari

Nov 20, 2000
    Thanks for all the help, Alderaan_, Havoc, JG, and Casper!
    I'm actually working on an OT AU as a way to work through some nasty writers' block, and was wondering about the number of moons for a piece of dialogue. And as I told Di-Lee, I managed somehow to completely miss the reference to Alderaan having no moons in the novelization. [face_blush]
    Come to think of it though, it will also save me making a major goof in my current handmaiden fic, because I was planning on having some moonlit scenes on Alderaan that now I will replace with starlit scenes. And I'm not even sure that I would have caught the connection that no moon=no moonlight had Havoc and JG not brought it up.
    So thanks, all of you!! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.