Does anybody play any musical instruments?

Discussion in 'St. Louis, MO' started by CuppaJoe, May 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CuppaJoe Force Ghost

star 4
    I have a Fender Bass Guitar, I'd like to sell it so I can buy a Gibson SG Reissue. But I may keep my bass.

Does anybody have any instruments?
  2. Jedi_Tabee Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I own a clarinet :)

and I use to play contra bass clarinet
  3. quigon_brian Jedi Master

star 4
    I own a Carvin electric guitar. It's one of those 80s heavy metal guitars shaped like an X. I also just got an Alvarez acoustic/electric last august. I just loosened the truss rod on it, so the action is really sweet now. It has a really full, rich sound. I also have a Yamaha flute that is solid silver. I got that a little over two years ago. It set me back about 2 grand. I have a Selmar alto sax. I also have a Selmar flute from when I started playing. I also have a dulcimer. I play all of them regularly except for the sax. I haven't played that since Christmas. I probably play my Alvarez guitar and Yamaha flute the most though.
  4. Stl_Imperial Jedi Knight

star 1
    I have a Roland VA-5 keyboard. I am just starting to learn how to play though. I am having an excellent time learning but it isn't easy that is for sure. I also have a violin that I started to learn in college but then they cancelled the music program.
  5. GrandJediMaster Jedi Knight

star 1
    I play a Starion drum set with all the works, plus a replacement snare drum. I also use two different pairs of sticks, a set of jazz brushes, and a set of really good mallets. I currently am starting lessons with the greatest drummer in this entire state. Any of you people beat that, plus playing with CJ's group?
  6. Sith-Kazar Jedi Knight

star 1
    Just clarinet, and I wasn't that good. By the way, I graduated from HS last week! :D
  7. Dinogallus Jedi Knight

star 2
    I taught myself how to play the Hobbit theme, the Fellowship theme, Our Country 'Tis of Thee, and several songs that I wrote on keyboard.
  8. CuppaJoe Force Ghost

star 4
    What if there was a stl ff band? that would be pretty funny.
  9. Jedi_Tabee Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    only if, as CR, I get to be in charge and boss y'all around :p

not that I know anything about the music business.. but no one needs to know that :p
  10. VoijaRisa Force Ghost

star 5
    I used to play piano.
  11. Jedi_Commander_Faofa Force Ghost

star 4
    Same here. I remember I could play Duel of the Fates like nothing you have ever heard... ;)
  12. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    I have trouble playing cd's let alone an instrument.
  13. dudeman Jedi Knight

star 3
  14. kddidit Jedi Knight

star 1
    Flute, but that was "a long time ago..." and I sucked at it. Learning to play an acoustic guitar is on my to do list. That and tap dancing. Hmmm. My older son plays drums, the younger plays trumpet and my brother plays bagpipes and the bassoon. Maybe the music gene skipped me.
  15. _Mike_ Jedi Knight

star 2
    I play the flute.... I can play jingle bells :D :p
  16. EllorrsMadak Jedi Padawan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.