main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Does anybody remember this commerical?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by tatooinewizard, Aug 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tatooinewizard

tatooinewizard Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2003
    3PO and R2 are walking into a bar to have some Red Bull, and...

Okay, joking, but when I was a little kid I remember there being this commercial with the two droids. It was an anti-smoking advertisement.

Our friend R2 is about to try a cigarette, he's using his repair arm (or whatever you'd call it, I'm not sure) to hold it. 3PO comes by and just freaks out. But stubborn little R2 sucks it in and tries the cigarette anyway.

R2 suddenly spits the thing out, wailing and beeping with disgust. Soon the screen goes dark and you can hear 3PO saying, "Please don't smoke." or something.

I have asked several Star Wars fans my age about this and none of them remember it. I know I can't be the only one who remembers this, or can I?

2. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    I've heard of it, I'm sure it exists, I think I've seen screenshots from it, I can't remember where though sorry.

I;ve never seen it though, I just know it exists.

3. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    At least somebody's heard of it! That's a great start, JediMasterGuff, because I now know that I'm not crazy. Okay well that's stretching it ;)

4. JediOverlord

JediOverlord Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2000
    Yep,I've heard of it. Even though smoking wouldn't affect droids,Threepio told R2 they had to set a good example for humans. I think Anthony Daniels talked about it in his column in SW Insider once.

5. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    Even though smoking wouldn't affect droids,Threepio told R2 they had to set a good example for humans.

You know I'd forgotten about that, but I was only about eight years old or something when they were showing it. Does sound familiar now that you bring it up.

Oddly that commercial is amongst my very first Star Wars memoires.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.