main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Does anyone collect?

Discussion in 'Archive: Bakersfield CA' started by jeff4sw21, Jun 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Riibu

Jedi_Riibu Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Yup - Nice place to live, although I think I still prefer living in a big city (I'm originally from the Minneapolis area). I'm used to being able to spend an entire day visiting a dozen+ Targets and/or WalMarts for goodies. :D Bakersfield is still pretty decent with 3 Targets and 3 WalMarts.

2. jeff4sw21

jeff4sw21 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    The Minnisota Timberwolves are my favorite Basketball team

3. jeff4sw21

May 19, 2005
    I'm friends with the guy that owns the secondary toy store Ryan's Toy Connection, so thats how I get things to. I got all of my EPIII figures A month before they were released

4. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001
    Oh! I've met Kevin Garnet! When I was in High School I worked at TRU, which happened to be near the area when he lives. He would come in rather regularly buying HUNDREDS of dollars worth of stuff (mostly video games) at a time. Assisting him was rather odd since I'm only 5' 2" and I REALLY had to look UP to talk to him.

I also saw him once when I worked at Borders several years later, but I didn't assist him.

5. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001
    Nice! I'm not familiar with it, though - Is it in Bakersfield?

6. jeff4sw21

May 19, 2005
    Do you have any of the costumes?

7. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001
    I have a Jedi costume that I made myself.

Here's my Rebel Legion photo:
    [image=http://www.rebellegion.com/images/cos/178-A.jpg]

One day: Scout Armor!

8. jeff4sw21

May 19, 2005
    On the Garnett thing that's cool, and on the toy store yes it's down on 18th and R street

9. jeff4sw21

May 19, 2005
    I would like to get the Jango Fett costume.

10. jeff4sw21

May 19, 2005
    When I get my Scout Trooper Koto in I'll have to set it on the computer and tell you hoew nice it looks( it is really one of the better ones)Come on just order it!

11. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001
    Ooops, please delete the website from your post. Linking to unauthorized dealers isn't allowed. If you don't I'll have to dig up a Mod to do it. Thanks. :)

Very nice, though!

12. jeff4sw21

May 19, 2005
    You mean you don't look at unaurthorized products

13. jeff4sw21

May 19, 2005
    Have you seen any of the Disney world exclusives. I have to get that watch, thats another thing I've been buying lately

14. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001
  15. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001
    I have an Obi-Wan pin. The Jedi Mickey plush is cute - I'd have bought it at retail, but probably won't ever bother through eBay.

16. jeff4sw21

May 19, 2005
    I have to figure out how to use this digital camera so I can show you some pic's of my collection. The best is my lifesize Boba Fett standing next to the life size Han in carbonite in my Den.

17. jeff4sw21

May 19, 2005
    Web Site gone! I too have the plush Mickey and the watch from last year. Have you seen the Vader plush Mickey from this year

18. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001

I have seen the Vader Mickey - also cool!

And way past my bedtime! Nice chatting - Have a good night & see ya around!

19. jeff4sw21

May 19, 2005
    Ok talk to you later

20. jeff4sw21

May 19, 2005
    At my friends toy shop they have the Luke X-wing Pilot Unleashed for $18.99, the Sabe figure for $10.00, and TC-14 for $25.00

21. JediPastor

JediPastor Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2005
    Jumping in!!!!

I typing this from McCarran Air Port in Las Vegas. I'm sitting here waiting for my midnight flight back to Bakersfield. I had to take a quick business trip to Colorado Springs and my connection is in Vegas. This is the first chance that I've had in a while to not do anything for a few hours. So here I am.

I don't collect very much but my wife has been going nuts over the BK stuff. I've had nothing but BK food for lunch for the past two weeks. She insists that she's getting them for the kids. I think it's an obsession of some sort. We have everything except, Han Solo in carbonite, Jabba the Hutt, the Mellenium Falcon, and one more I can't remember. We have two of the Anakin/Darth Vaders and about a dozen Jedi starfighters. She's been to just about every BK in town. Sometimes two or three times a day. I'm kind of glad it's over.

I like the movie posters. I have a DS-1 of both the ROTS posters (teaser and theatrical) I have reprints of the original trilogy special editions. A friend of mine works at a video rental store and got me one of their silver "Trilogy on DVD" posters.

Now
    From way back when...
    I have a complete 24 figure set of original action figures. Mint condition in the 24 figure collectors case.

My grandmother would always buy me and my brother Star Wars action figures back in the day. My brother and I would have to agree on which one to get because my grandmother would get four of the same kind. One to play with and one to store away for both of us. She tied a small string from the guns to the arms so we wouldn't lose the guns. The only draw back is that they are all out of package because they are in the collectors case. (funny how the "collectors case" actually drops the value) But they are all there: Luke, Han, Liea, Chewie, Obi-Wan, 3PO, R2, Power Droid, Death Star Droid, three Storm Troopers, Vader, Boba Fett, Luke in X-Wing suit, Snaggletooth, Hammerhead, Walrus Man, Greedo, Jawa, R5D4, Death Star Commander, and two Sand People. I have a complete set and my brother has a complete set. They are both at my parents house. (Yes they are still there, I checked recently)

Check this link for web image of what I have:
    http://www.toysrgus.com/images-toys/figuretoys/vinylcase-sw.html

22. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001
    Jeff: Thanks for letting me know your friend has those available. I'll let you know if I decide I need to pick them up.

JediPastor: Glad to see you in this conversation! I'm going crazy over the BK toys, too. I picked up all of Wave 5 today (only one more Wave to go! YES!). I haven't had to buy any food with them, though. They've just let me buy the toys individually. My stomach thanks me. :)

I found Mace Windu and Plo Koon this weekend, so the only ROTS Jedi that I still need is Ki-Adi-Mundi. Well, I only have one of the two Yodas, so I might pick up the other, but it's not a priority. I've also splurged on some overseas Obi-Wan stuff, but I think I've nearly got everything that I need/want.

23. JediPastor

JediPastor Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2005
    How do you know how many waves of toys there are? Where do I find out this information? Are they different toys each wave or just more of the same?

24. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001
    Someone posted the info in the collector's forum:

WEEK 1
    Han Solo in carbonite
    Falcon
    Jabba
    Wicket
    Luke
    Chase Vader

WEEK 2
    Yoda
    X-wing
    R2D2
    Chewbacca
    Darth Maul
    Chase Vader

WEEK 3
    Emperor Palpatine
    Podracer
    Padme
    Jawa
    ObiWan Kenobi
    Chase Vader

WEEK 4
    Grievous
    Jedi Starfighter (E3)
    JarJar
    Boga
    Leia
    Chase Vader

WEEK 5
    Clone Trooper
    Vader's TIE fighter
    Boba Fett
    Wampa
    C-3PO
    Chase Vader

WEEK 6
    Watto
    Landspeeder
    Battle Droid
    Tarfful
    Mace Windu
    Chase Vader

25. jeff4sw21

May 19, 2005
    If anyone has any extras of the BK toys I'm missing Boga, R2-D2, and the Super Battle Droid. I have some doubles of the other ones if someone wants to trade.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.