CT Does anyone else actually like Anakin's "NOOOO" added in ROTJ?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Seagoat, Feb 8, 2014.

Moderators: Darth_Nub, MOC Yak Face
  1. Oberst Hans Landa Jedi Grand Master

star 2
  2. WhiskeyGold Force Ghost

star 4
    I can never bash someone for making the movie THEY want to make and not making the movie studios or 'fans' wanted someone to make. its his story, its his world, he is just letting us play in it
    Darkslayer and Jarren_Lee-Saber like this.
  3. FRAGWAGON Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm gonna miss him.
    Jarren_Lee-Saber and Seagoat like this.
  4. Redimet Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Nope this is the worst thing added since Greedo shooting first.
  5. Qui-Riv-Brid Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    So what you're saying that if it was done differently then it'd be different?

That really doesn't mean anything.

I think what is really instructive is that GL did exactly what he wanted to do with it and you didn't like it.

Fine but at least admit that he did exactly what he wanted to do.

The whole " bratty whining and complaining" is way over emphasized compared to what actually happened in AOTC and the seeds of the same thing that appear in TPM which set that up in the character get overlooked.

These are some of the underlying reasons that he becomes Vader in the first place. I think that one of the basic problems is that people seem to want the ESB Vader to be the only Vader so badly that from the ROTJ version especially the revealed old man to the PT's child and young man versions seem to upset them.

I think it was strongly done from script to acting to direction. For whatever reason you didn't buy it. This is the problem with telling people everything they thought they knew was different and this is the real story.

The thing I find funny about this is how many people don't realize that the reason why Anakin acts the way he does in the PT is because of the way Vader was in the OT!

I find the actions of Vader now make all the more sense because of Anakin. The great thing about the PT for me is that now I always see Anakin beneath the mask of Vader in the OT. They are one and the same.

I think in the end this is the major problem that so many have with the PT. They seem to feel it removes the "mystery" of the man behind the mask which they so desperately want to cling to. That the OT was great due to this "mystery" of Vader.

Consider this ridiculous notion of replacing the actual Boba Fett with someone who just takes the name and mask and therefore creates mystery where there really was none in the first place. He's a bounty hunter who like Vader we only saw with a mask on. At one time he actually was a child and didn't wear a mask and had to get to that point.
    Last edited by Qui-Riv-Brid, Mar 5, 2014
  6. RyanForder Jedi Master

star 1
    I hate it! I screamed NOOOOOOO when i heard it.
    Oberst Hans Landa likes this.
  7. SarlacsDinerParty Jedi Knight

star 1
    Nah... Your not alone he he. Kind of like it too :p

Could have been left out as well. Still an amazing scene either way.

Dont think first timers will have a problem With it...

IMO
  8. Force Smuggler Chosen One

star 6
    Houston, we've found a change and reason for a change that blows the reason for this change and the change itself out of the water.
    I kid you not.
    Last edited by Force Smuggler, Mar 6, 2014
    Darth Dominikkus likes this.
  9. Zer0 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I dislike it with a passion, it was such an unnecessary addition.
  10. Seagoat Force Ghost

star 4
    I should have made this a poll, in retrospect. Crap
    Darth Dominikkus likes this.
  11. sharkymcshark Jedi Master

star 2
    I tried counting by hand, got up to 40 hated it and 5 liked it and then got bored and went and did something else.
  12. MrCody Jedi Master

star 1
  13. StarWarrior92 Jedi Master

star 2
    I thought it was strange at first, but I grew to like it. Now I don't really even notice it much when I watch ROTJ on Blu-Ray.
  14. Vezner Force Ghost

star 5
    I don't know if I think it's necessarily bad...but it was unnecessary. That's the problem I have with it.
    Kenneth Morgan likes this.
  15. ObiAlKenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    When it was first leaked on the internet, I thought it was a joke. Now, I realize the joke's on us lol.
  16. Palpatine's P.A. Jedi Master

star 1
    No. No-one does. I've heard people say that it would even have given him away to Palpatine that he was not happy with the whole torturing his son thing, but I guess that could be explained as him replying to Luke going "Father please help" by saying "No" I won't help you.

Either way, utterly unnecessary and the worst of all the changes, closely followed by the new Obi Wan Krayt dragon call thing.
  17. Little Mike Jedi Knight

18. bstnsx704 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I don't necessarily like it, but it doesn't take me out of the film either. It's there, I watch, and I deal with it.
  19. Da'wid Yott Jedi Knight

star 1
    As many have said; it has been added, I bought the modified version and watch it. It wasn't necessary as an addition, but it does not ruin the movie for me.
  20. Darth Dominikkus Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    It sounds so much like those automated voices that you can use online to speak your text. As if all they did was type out "nooooooo!" and then have the automated robot voice read it out.
    Too fake.
    Too robotic.
    Wrong place.
    Wrong timing.
  21. PodracingSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Absolutely not. I'm a defender of a lot of changes Lucas makes, and of the man's reputation itself, but that was something that I truly despised. I hate having to switch from HD to SD when watching the OT for that one sole reason.
  22. Seagoat Force Ghost

star 4

Lol
  23. Cushing's Admirer Force Ghost

star 6
    It's been done. Some like it, some accept it simply as there, some don't like it. It reads differently depending on the viewer. Why does difference equal contention?
  24. Kenneth Morgan Force Ghost

star 3
    I agree with this one. The scene was fine as it was: unbelievably tense with a tremendous payoff.
  25. _LazerBlade_ Jedi Padawan

No, I like the silent act of heroism
    Last edited by _LazerBlade_, Apr 8, 2014
    Sarge likes this.
Moderators: Darth_Nub, MOC Yak Face