main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Does anyone else feel sorry for the clones?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Earthknight, Mar 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    at least 3.2 million, actually. :p

2. THRAWNFAN

THRAWNFAN Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 23, 2007
    So there were never any civil liberties groups protesting this?

3. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    I'm sure there were. But given the nature of the conflict, I doubt they were listened to very much; corrupt Senate, embroiled Jedi Order, fight to save civilization. Not much space for "hey that's not fair."

4. THRAWNFAN

THRAWNFAN Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 23, 2007
    no wonder the Jedi were hated. I mean, you could argue Palpatine clouded the Jedis vision, but to the public they come as entitled and useless

5. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    The large majority disliked the clones, saw them as freaks. Most of those people could really care less if there being sent out to die so everyone can believe there gonna start living comfortably.

Im sure there were protests, but they were easily silenced with a 'well do you want to go fight this war?'

*everyone whistles and walks away*

6. LordVader66

LordVader66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    Well what about the Jedi? Kids were taken at such a young age and indoctrinated that choice became meaningless. Maybe, if some of those kids hadn't been brainwashed that would have decided to leave the Order. Their similar to clones in that sense.

7. I-poodoo

I-poodoo Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2001
    Feel sorry for them? Why?
    They did their job which was the only thing they ever do.
    Human rights? They aren't human. In fact just from what was seen in the movies it looks like the stupid battledroids had more personality and humanity than any of the clones did.
    Both the droids and clones were canned soldiers for a canned war. Thier sole reason for existence wasn't to fight for the Republic it was to escalate the war so Palpatine could dismantle the Republic one emergency power at a time. Why do you think EP II was entitled Attack of the Clones instead of Rescued by the Clones?
    Humanity didn't have anything to do with them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.