main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Does anyone else find this odd?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Nightflurry, Nov 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nightflurry

Nightflurry Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2000
    One thing that stuck me as very unusual about AOTC was the large battle at the end. It resembles a medieval battle more than a modern one, much less futuristic. Can they really think of no better tatics than to just get two huge masses of men and slam them together? That shows a total lack of strategic thinking, you just don't do that unless your forces are so vastly superior that it wouldn't matter.

As technology advanced on our little world, battlefield tatics changed. The simple charge tatics of the middle ages nullify technological advantages by making the battle a man on man affair. It just seems insane to run a battle such as they had in the movie in the manner they did.

But the battle in AOTC isn't an isolated thing. TPM had a similar land battle, though I guess it can be excused because the Gungans were less advanced than the Federation army, and they did need to get close.

Anyhow, all I want to know is why the battles are portrayed as they are? Sure they LOOK great, awesome even.. but they're just not practicable. Thoughts anyone?

EV Edit: This has to do with CT how? Redirecting to AOTC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.