main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Does anyone else have trouble accepting Marvel as EU?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by chissdude10, Oct 21, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

Hey, anyone got any decent pics of Shira Brie?

2. tmihah

tmihah Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2001
    Zahn first refused to include any bridge material from Last Command to the Dark Empire series (LC was published after the DE run). Second, he had Mara Jade comment on how she thought the Clone Emperor was NOT the real Emperor. I'm not sure but I think Mike Stackpole has had his characters state something similiar. Again, some authors have similar views and work together.

3. Muke_Skywalker

Muke_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2000
    God that Zahn is an arrogant ass. I'm so glad that his HoT turned out to be such a creative failure. Gives ME the last laugh to know that his last shot at SW was a big belly flop to everyone except for those fan boys who refuse to admit his work has any flaws. And of course those morons with the Wild Kardes and those bimbo Star Ladys whose butts his lips were so firmly attached to.

4. Grand Admiral Wettengel

Grand Admiral Wettengel Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 10, 2000
    And what were those failings, Muke?

Note to Genghis: Just in case you are observing this thread, I want Muke to reply to this first, then, if you choose to, you may.

5. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Muke, zahn is a brillient author and thats just your stupid opinion.

6. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Gee, chissdude, arrogantly bash someone else's opinion with your own... :D

7. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    at least im free of profanity. By the way weres Genghis?

8. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    I'm here. Like with the "Marvel Reprint" threads, I have stayed away. I sometimes would like to gauge things myself. In the case of Marvel reprints, it confirmed what I already knew - people overwhelmingly want these things.

In this case, people like Tmh have confirmed the exact same things I have been telling people here. In the "Why Has Zahn Fallen Out of Favour!?!," I stated the exact same things - with evidence to back them up - and was horribly flamed by the extremist Zahn fanboys/girls. Everything - the egoism of Zahn, the wholesale lifting of concepts, the complete ignorance of prior continuity. It's all a part of the EU's history.

Rest assured, I have a response, but I'd like to see what other people think from time to time. Don't worry about me. I might post when I'm done slapping around some movie purists. Carry on.

9. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    thanks for the insight Genghis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.