Does anyone have a good Cross Over Story?

Discussion in 'Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by TheExecutor, Nov 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheExecutor Jedi Knight

star 3
    How about this people for cross over ideas?

1)Star Trek
    2)Alien vs. Predator
    3)Star Craft
    4)Babylon 5
    5)MIB
    6)Vampire
    7)Terminator
    8)Farscape
    9)The Pretender
    10)Battle Star Galactica
    11)Star Wars alternant Universe Comics

I just would like to here from GM?s or players who have had a cool or down right crazy experience with a cross over games. I ran a Japanese Animation Star Wars game. I mixed different universes like Robotech, Outlaw Star and other types of sci-fi animation with Star Wars. I?m looking for subversive ways to mix it up in my next game. So if anyone has cool suggestions or stories post it here.
  2. dp4m Chosen One

star 9
    Yep, a couple actually.

All in d6 in our younger days. One time our ship came across a derelict frigate in space. Just floating there... alone... went on board and found no crew. Eventually we started getting to an area of the ship that registered biological, even though we found no lifeforms... and then the Aliens jumped us. The Jedi had good fun slicing through them with the acid blood... :)

Then another time we found a group of Predators on training maneuvers (a la Perdator 2). They were following us because we were god fighters at the time and had caused significant trouble for the Empire. I snuck on board their ship while my companions were down on planet fighting a losing battle against Imperial forces. I struck a bargain that if I performed some task (or beat someone in combat) they'd aid my friends. I did the task (or won, can't remember) and the captain (pack leader) reneged on the deal. I gave a speech about honor and duty and convinced the crew to mutiny and they opened fire on the Imperials. Got many a character point that day... :)
  3. TheExecutor Jedi Knight

star 3
    dp4m that has to be one of the most classic cross over stories that I have heard. It would seem and I?m not nocking you down here, that every one at one time has used Aliens and or the Predators in a game. I think it?s easy because the two properties are so malleable in that we do not know their origins.

I my self had a great Alien Star Wars Cross Over Game: Out of no ware I put a large alien egg in the story and a NPC came a knocking and kayos ensues blood, guts and entrails everywhere. You got to love the chest burster and the face huger. I love it when a PC gets implanted with an alien embryo and the ?oh my god what am I going to do!? face that they give is priceless. I love it when they try to get the sucker out, cut it out use the force or better yet perform surgery! Now that?s Gaming, got to love the blood and guts factor.
  4. dp4m Chosen One

star 9
    dp4m that has to be one of the most classic cross over stories that I have heard. It would seem and I?m not nocking you down here, that every one at one time has used Aliens and or the Predators in a game. I think it?s easy because the two properties are so malleable in that we do not know their origins.

Yeah, it's so easy because, at least in d6, anyways it was easy to come up with comparable stats for Aliens and Predators. Not to mention the obvious sci-fi connection -- being that the LV-486 ship was an alien race that was carrying Aliens and the Predators inhabiting the same universe, etc, etc.

As for people getting implanted, I think the easiest method ("easiest" being a relative term) would be the trick Luke used in The Truce at Bakura and using Empathy to communicate to the creature to leave his body willingly...
  5. Corran_Horn_ Jedi Master

star 4
    I've never played a crossover campaing, but I must admit it sounds like a heck of a lot of fun.
  6. Jansons_Funny_Twin Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I'm playing a wierd crossover right now.

It's SW crossed over with Masters of Orion 2, with elements of Bucky O'Hare, Robotech, Gundam, Babylon 5, and Ducktales thrown in.

It really isn't that hard, we just find analogues. Like in MOO2, there is a race called the Bulrathi. They're basically Wookiees, so that's what we made them. The Force works the same way, as does combat. The only thing we really had to work for was making the rules for Groundpounder v. Mechasuit combat.

Also, I'm currently making rules for using a gunblade (as seen in Final Fantasy 8) in game.

It's not that difficult.
  7. TheExecutor Jedi Knight

star 3
    How about this cross over idea? I was reading on one of the boards that someone used the Maw instillation to make a device that warps space and time. How about sliders meets Star Wars you have a to find your way back to your point of origin and stop the Evil that is the Empire. So you slide to world to world and come across an Old Republic world an Empire World and so on. I may use this idea in my next campaign. I hate players that are not open to new ideas. How about a T2 is after the players and is hunting them down and the players come across them selves as the opposite sex.
  8. TheExecutor Jedi Knight

star 3
    Story Ideas for a cross over campaign.

1)Alien (PC?s come across the eggs of a alien and blood and guts and kayos ensues.)
    2)Star Craft (The Hive grows and try?s to take over the Universe and the Empire cant stop them with out the rebellion.)
    3)Babylon 5 (Know we know were Babylon 4 is in the Star Wars Universe.)
    4)MIB (The secret police of the new Republic or Empire and are out for the extermination of the PC?s race and the PC?s can only hope to stop them.)
    5)Star Trek (Voyager shows up and the Borg are not far behind.)
    6)Sliders (The PC?s are moved from place to place due to the super Maw weapon the time and space flux device.)
    7)Terminator (A computer called sky net takes over Corella and starts to build Terminator.)
    8)Farscape (John Critin shows up with the crew of Moya and John realizes that George Lukas is really a space traveler and was telling the truth about the Star Wars Universe.)
    9)The Predator (A race of hunter killers are after the Jedi on behest of the Emperor and Lord Vader.)
    10)Battle Star Galactica (The Galactica walks into the galaxy and kayos ensues.)
    11)Star Wars alternant Universe Comics (The Emperor Still Lives and Yoda sill is alpha Jedi, The Maw instillation is never discovered and a new super weapon that bends space and time is activated and only the PC?s and the Emperor know what the time line holds.)
    12)High Lander (A under ground group of Jedi that live for ever.)
    13)Japanese Animation (Large transformable robots and outrageous cyborges like ghost in the shell.)
  9. Corran_Horn_ Jedi Master

star 4
    How about a SW/Red Dwarf Crossover.

The heroes meet with Dave, Rimmer, Kryten, Cat and Kochanski when the Dwarfers are sent to the SW universe through one of Ace Rimmers dimensional rifts.

*I would love to see the faces of the people who don't know what tha' heck I am talking about!*
  10. Jade_Max Force Ghost

star 5
    A friend of mine actually put the time in and came up with rules for Star Wars D6 Mobile Gundam Wing suits... He worked everything out from armor to weapons and damage they can take/inflict... I think he had too much time on his hands lol!

But, asside from that, it was a lot of fun to play a game where you character can acquire skills in a highly powerful mobile suit and duel :D
  11. TheExecutor Jedi Knight

star 3
    How about this people? A friend of mine were talking, and we said we would like to see some kind of Blade Runner type of world and some ghost in the shell type of tech. Does anyone have a good story line or plot twist that they can suggest?
  12. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I came up with a really neat Army of Darkness crossover story!! I'm in the middle of writting it right now.
  13. Fingorfin Jedi Master

star 4
    Strangely enough, in all the games that I have run (in any system) I have never run a crossover game.
  14. dp4m Chosen One

star 9
    Strangely enough, in all the games that I have run (in any system) I have never run a crossover game.

Fingorfin -- didn't you used to run Rifts? :)
  15. Fingorfin Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes, but I do not remember ever deliberately bringing anything into the game that was not already a part of that world.
  16. dp4m Chosen One

star 9
    Yes, but I do not remember ever deliberately bringing anything into the game that was not already a part of that world.

Well, since it was Palladium you could mix Heroes Unlimited, Ninjas and Superspies, Robotech, etc...
  17. Fingorfin Jedi Master

star 4
    I am aware of that, I just never did it.
  18. TheExecutor Jedi Knight

star 3
    I just would like to here from GM?s or players who have had a cool or down right crazy experience with a cross over games. I ran a Japanese Animation Star Wars game. I mixed different universes like Robotech, Outlaw Star and other types of sci-fi animation with Star Wars. I?m looking for subversive ways to mix it up in my next game. How many people run (or play in) campaigns that deliberately change the "history" of the SW universe to challenge their players' expectations?

EX:I ran a great game for five years and it was by far on of the best games I ran. I have played Robotech and other epic games but some thing about Star Wars rocks. I had a campaign were my players were in a vortex and came to the star trek universe. They came across an Evil Jedi named Thaddeus Across who used the force to create havoc with the universe. I also used Data and Troy and when the PC got back Troy was with them and Data was as well. I also thru in time jumps like 10years later the Emperors clone was in power and he was teamed up with Thrawn and whipping the new republics but. Data became a cool NPC and a master ship designer and crated the X- wing (beta-X) that help win the war and troy became Luke Sky walkers secret lover and Mara Jade tried to kill her and feel in love with sky walker and troy became a unbalanced Jedi out for Mara?s blood. I used elements of Dark Empire and used shadow Jedi and made up all kinds of cool ships and weapons of planetary scale.
  19. TheExecutor Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ok people it would seem that I have posted this subject on another SW RPG site and got tons and tons of responses. So I was wondering if anyone here had anything cool or down right killer storys to share about a cross over story.
  20. Syrix_Kahl Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, I don't want to say too much, since I haven't yet begun any sort of cross-over in the game I'm currently GMing.. (Ender, that means you can't read any furthe.. actually, I think I already mentioned this to you ;))

Anyway, I'd really like to have a bit of cross-over from the Metroid games. Obviously Samus would kick Boba's ass, but that's really secondary. What I'm really interested in is the Zebestian Space Pirates and, especially, the Metroids themselves. Any species that's bred as a Genetic Weapon (see: Aliens :D) has got to be fun.
  21. Jacen13 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey, that sounds neat. Specially if one of the heroes get ahold of a Power Suit. Lock and Load! :D :D
  22. Ping Jedi Knight

star 3
    I actually threw some Pretender cross-over elements into a game I was running. It works out pretty well, because the idea of a super-genius raised by a corporation who used his abilities for good is pretty easy to morph into the SW universe.

The first adventure that featured him involved the players attempting to solve a string of serial murders. They did a good job, but Jarod beat them to the punch. (That's a hard thing to balance, btw.)

I was going to later have him actually ask them for help, but the campaign died, so we never got there.
  23. psychokillermike Jedi Knight

star 1
    I have a group that started a SW/Highlander cross over game .
  24. Koohii Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I played a Lister-clone in one game, except he had tech & combat skills.

Another game, the party rescued the computer from a old derilect ship, and imported it into their games machine. They named it Holly.

I've used Rimmers as annoying Imp officers, and Krytens as alternate 3POs.

There was also a time when the party found a shipment of sabotaged droids from the Droid Liberation Front. One of them was a logging droid. When their ship was boarded by pirates, they sent it to the lock. The bodies were, well, piled up like cordwood.

As for crossover games, in a Season2 episode of SG1, 4 people used the second Earth gate for a black op, were about to get caught, and jumped through the gate to destinations unknown (unless this has been resolved in a later season). I figure, since the gate can send people back in time (by accident), maybe they ended up long, long ago, as well as a galaxy far away... and started up their own Pirate band.

I also borrowed some stuff from Dr Who (namely the teleport gate from the Abslom Dak:Dalek Killer comix), and some from Blakes'7.

One adventure was stolen from the movie "SpaceHunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone". Total cheeze.
  25. dp4m Chosen One

star 9
    One adventure was stolen from the movie "SpaceHunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone". Total cheeze.

Dude -- that movie was AWESOME cheese. It was like a great triple-brie. Creamy, cheezy goodness!

Hot pleasure cyborg? Check!
    Young Molly Ringwald? Check!
    Insane guy with lots of wires? Check!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.