Does anyone have a good Cross Over Story?

Discussion in 'Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by TheExecutor, Nov 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadowen Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Actually, I had an idea a while back.

A quasi-crossover with The Matrix.

It turns out the first ever Jedi Master had such insight that he saw the life universe not as "crude matter", but as the "luminous beings" they truly are. This understanding allowed him to do virtually anything with the Force, and if he so wished it literally bend reality at a small scale to his will. He tended not to, but if he thought it necessary, he did not hesitate.

Like all living things must, he died. It was foreseen by one of his first students, however, that one day he would return, to herald a new beginning for the Jedi Order.

Many believe that Yoda, coming into prominence as he did near the beginning of the Order's (and the Republic's) Golden Age, was the incarnation of The One (as he is called by those few who knew the prophecy). Those fewer who know of it in the New Jedi Order believed it to be either Vader/Anakin or his son Luke.

They were wrong.

So now this One, whose current incarnation knows little or nothing of the Force and is surprisingly old, is brought to the current Jedi Headquarters. If everyone agrees to the storyline focusing on a single PC, it may be one of the characters...or they may simply be caught up in the ripples of this momentous occasion.

If The One is an NPC and his powers are fully developed, I suggest mixing Jedi Guardian, Force Warrior, and Jedi Master levels, and if you have D&D's Epic Level Handbook, do some jury-rigging and give him more than "merely" 20 levels.

His purpose is entirely up to you.
  2. Koohii Jedi Master

star 5
    Howabout SW & ExoSquad?
    All pilots have the piloting cyber interface.
    most mechs/powered armor is speeder scale, but there are some walker and starfighter exosuits.

And you're fighting (gasp) a clone army!
  3. Jansons_Funny_Twin Jedi Knight

star 6
    Howabout SW & ExoSquad?

Been there, done that, got the battle scars. :p

And we even brought an NPC back from the dead using his Black Box and a clone body. :D
  4. DexRicon Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I'm in the middle of creating a Highlander/SW crossover character. A 15,000 year old Jedi. 75th level. Part of this was an academic experiment, just to see if I could, but I do think he's gonna be the end of a search in a campaign set about 500 years after ANH.
    I have reached a bit of a setback, though. Don't have enough Tylenol to help with the headaches I'm gonna get when I allocate his 800 skill points. Plus, I haven't even gotten to the mechanics of his immortality. *sigh*
  5. DexRicon Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I'm in the middle of creating a Highlander/SW crossover character. A 15,000 year old Jedi. 75th level. Part of this was an academic experiment, just to see if I could, but I do think he's gonna be the end of a search in a campaign set about 500 years after ANH.
    I have reached a bit of a setback, though. Don't have enough Tylenol to help with the headaches I'm gonna get when I allocate his 800 skill points. Plus, I haven't even gotten to the mechanics of his immortality. *sigh*
  6. DexRicon Jedi Youngling

star 1
  7. DexRicon Jedi Youngling

star 1
    *growls at his eternal n00bness* I'm sorry, the message told me it had not been posted the first two times. *Braces for the mag-lite bruise*
  8. dp4m Chosen One

star 10
    There is a decent Highlander d20 Ruleset for AD&D created with the d20 Open License somewhere out there. I believe it's available freely on the Internet (legally), so one might check there...
  9. Diverjkc Jedi Youngling

star 3
    We did a thing with Metroid a while back. Samus teamed up with the PCs and total chaos insued. I still have the burn marks, wanna see?
  10. yodascourgeofthesith Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Ive been trying to get my players to switch up and run a Star wars Rifts Cross-over. The stats should be easy to convert but my players seem to fear playing in a n unknown universe. Seeing as how they've read almost all the NJO books and were currently playing in the NJO era its not much fun making a game up when the y already know the weaknesses of the baddies like the Vong.

They have a hard time no letting go of what they know about Star wars and just playing the game.
  11. Fingorfin Jedi Master

star 4
    :eek: A Star Wars/RIFTS crossover!

Dude, I'm in! :D
  12. dp4m Chosen One

star 10
    We'd be interested in your conversion rules... ;)

Just so everyone's aware, I'm in the midst of adapting both Technomages (Babylon 5) and Druids (Shannara) to d20 Star Wars.

I'll post 'em up when I'm finished.
  13. yodascourgeofthesith Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Conversion rules for Star Wars D20 to Rifts. I'll get back to you on it.
  14. TheExecutor Jedi Master

star 3
    It?s been a wile since I posted here but it's been really hectic for me running a new game for my local Star Wars Fan Club and work takes up the rest of the time. Anyhow I just read a book called "Year Zero" and I think I will incorporate elements of the story. For example the world is a wasteland and everyone is dieing off like flies and they are looking for a cure for a super virus. They use cloning and I?m really intrigued on how this book use technology and other elements.
  15. TheExecutor Jedi Master

star 3
    I'm sorry, the message told me it had not been posted the first time, so I hit sent it again.
  16. MasterDagon Jedi Youngling

Actually I just did a Star Wars-DND crossover. The back story was a Jedi was on her way back to Coruscant with a Darksider to be dealt with by the council. Well, on the way back, there shuttle was pulled into an unusual ion storm in space. The storm was actually a dimensional rift in space, pulling the shuttle from one dimension to the next (Inspired by the recent Planet of the Apes movie). Well, they eventually crash landed on my homebrewed DND world. Where over the course of the year, the Darksider usurped the local rulers and made the Jedi out to be a villain. I was also starting to run the DND module 'Heart of Nightfang Spire', where there's the battle with the vampire Gulthias at the end. Well, the Darksider and Gulthias were allied with each other. The darksider provided victims for Gulthias, Gulthias opened up a gate back to the Star Wars dimension. So, not only did the group have to contend with Gulthias, but had to prove the Jedi's innocence, help her overthrow the Darksider, and shut the gate down. Everyone loved it. The final battle took place around a lightsaber duel between the two force-users (both NPCs) and the darksiders minions, various stormtroopers and droids. They were disappointed that the blasters and such would no longer function once the gate was closed.
  17. DarthArraKul Jedi Youngling

star 2
    no...

there is no good crossover story...
    sure.. feel free to stael ideas and work them in.. but come on folks.. lets not geek out too bad...there are very few genres that mix well

if you wanna see a good pseudo-crossover rent
    " big trouble in little china"

18. TheExecutor Jedi Master

star 3
    DarthArraKul you are so wrong some of the best RPG's have some form of Cross over story. Be it theam or the story it's all been re-hashed!
  19. Ryozo Jedi Master

star 1
    SW & Pretender?
    Certainly not too far a stretch... quite aside from the SW universe itself being home to the Lorrdians, who are masters at mimicry and kinetic communications...
    Xenomorphs and yautja (Predators) are always interesting and plausible additions... the former might well show up in connection to Imperial bioweapons experiments, for instance.
  20. Magellan_the_Cat Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Ryozo, did you mean "Preditor"? "SW & Pretender" is kinda what we all do!
    :p
  21. Ryozo Jedi Master

star 1
    Ryozo, did you mean "Preditor"? "SW & Pretender" is kinda what we all do!

dp4m was involved in an interesting SW/Predator campaign. 'Pretender' is a TV series which started on NBC and has since migrated to [link=http://www.tnt.tv/Title/Display/0,5918,334068,00.html]TNT[/link]...
  22. MethaneDealer Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I was actually pulling in a few elements of Starcraft in my game before everybody lost interest and the game died :-(.

The techie of the group was working on a ship that combined the best elements of both the Terran Battlecruiser and the Protoss Carrier, along with some missile turrets that popped out of the hull.

The soldier had a couple of lightsabers that he'd found that he wanted to add onto his power-armor like the psi-blades on a Protoss Zealot.

And, there was our bounty hunter that used a Xerrol Nightstinger (the blaster rifle that fires an invisible bolt), so I guess we sort of had a Ghost also then.
  23. Loru Jedi Youngling

star 2
    SW - WH40K

Well, I've made some crossovers in my rpg sessions. One of them is the bringing full strenght "Warhammer 40000" Space Marine Command Squad, led by Chaplain
    (from backgroud: Space Marines are genetically engineered (ed two hearts) soldiers indoctrinated to serve the God-Emperor on Earth and fight with all Heretics). My players (we've played during the rebellion)have problems with telling them that they fights against emperor. Finally after succesfull attack on the imperial outpost Techmarine (one of the Space Marines) constructed a warpgate and back to their own world with their squad.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.