main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Does anyone have advice about the Corellian Trilogy?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by General_Calrissian, Jan 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. General_Calrissian

General_Calrissian Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 15, 2003
    I am wondering about the Corellian trilogy, is it worth taking the time to read, I am going to read the Thrawn Duology soon, but afterwards I am going to read more like the Jedi Academy Trilogy and Black Fleet Crisis, is the Corellian trilogy worth adding on that list.

2. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    I enjoyed it, but don't take my word for it. If you can find it a library, check it out and see if you like it yourself.

3. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    It's a decent read, especially if you've read the Han Solo Trilogy, and it is also helpful for reading the NJO.

4. jaya02

jaya02 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2002
    It's a mediocore trilogy, but only if you're borrowing the books from the library, or a friend, or a family member, or whoever. But in my opinion, they are definitely not worth paying for. Sure, they establish Han's relationship to his cousin, Thrackan Sal-Solo, but that's not very important for the NJO. And I found myself dozing off several times throughout the trilogy. There are several legs through each book where it gets terribly boring. The only parts that got me rejuvenated where the scenes with the Solo kids. I found it cute to see them as little kids, but not written in Barbara Hambly format.

5. General_Calrissian

General_Calrissian Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 15, 2003
    Thanks Bib and Val and jaya.

6. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Correllian trilogy is one of my favorite trilogies. I always found thracken interesting because I liked the idea of a evil han doppleganger character that he was.

7. ForceHeretic

ForceHeretic Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 8, 2002
    It's not bad, but I think it could have been better

But advice would be to get used to seeing the word trifle a lot, the author uses it like every other page and drove me crazy

8. jaya02

jaya02 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2002
    But advice would be to get used to seeing the word trifle a lot, the author uses it like every other page and drove me crazy.

Hehe. Yeah, I had forgotten about that aggravating detail, ForceHeretic.

9. Nichos_Marr

Nichos_Marr Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    I just read it recently, and I didn't think it was that bad. It's definitely worth checking out, even if you only check out the first book. One problem that I had with this trilogy is that some scenes would drag on for pages, and it took away from the excitement of the scenarios.

10. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    It was a decent read. If your looking to buy the books, I'd reccomend doing so sooner rather than later, as it seems to be getting more scarce to order.

11. JediMaster41589

JediMaster41589 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 19, 2002
    It was one of the better ones. WAY better than the Black Fleet Crisis IMHO.

12. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    Does anyone else unconsciously group it with the Black Fleet Crisis? And the group that group with the likes of those bad bad books in that area that I can't even remeber because I blocked them?

¤Night

13. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I mentally group the CT with BFC, TNR and HOT as being the "political era" of the NR era EU, where's it's mainly the NR dealing with problems from it's own member worlds and not directly with the Empire.

BFC's A-plot (Yevetha) is still one of the best in the EU, even if the C-plot (Luke) drags the series down.

14. Lu_maia

Lu_maia Jedi Youngling

Jan 27, 2003
    These were the first SW I read and I quite enjoyed them. I would however recommend trying to borrow them from a library to judge for yourself.

15. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Personally, a very good trilogy. If you don't believe Leia to be a Jedi, read this trilogy.

16. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Yeah, read it. They're not bad reads, but nothing special really. They're good to read if you want to learn more about centerpoint.

17. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Personally, I really enjoyed this trilogy. Sure, it could have been a little better in some parts, but all in all, it was a good read.

18. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    It was ok. Slow in parts but an ok read.

But if read the NJO go ahead and read it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.