main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Does anyone here know if puke can ruin someones paint job ?

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by comet1440, Sep 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. comet1440

comet1440 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 25, 2004
    This is very important , so I would like to ask that all replies be serious .

I stayed with my grandfather in virginia this weekend . I live in NYC and was traveling back on monday night . Before I left I eat a big meal as my uncle planned to travel non-stop ( its an 7-8 hour ride ) back to NYC . turns out I eat too much . My uncle drives a white 2003 mercedes SL-500 , and he worked really hard to get it ( he works for pepsi bottling co. and worked for 25 years before getting it. ) we were driving through lower NJ on I-95 ( an intersate ) and I started feeling sick . I told him I had to throw up so he said he would pull over at the next rest area , but before he could make it I felt it coming up , and I couldnt hold it . I made a decision that instead of ruining the inside of his car , I would puke out of the window . so I let the window down , poked my head out and let it go . I never looked back and assumed the puke hit the ground , and that everything was okay .

1-2 minutes later a black yukon denali starts honking at us . It pulls right beside us and the driver ( a white male who looked to be in his 40's ) says

" you ******* what the **** is wrong with you !! "

I was confused as to why he was angry , until I looked at his front fender and noticed a green-brown slime on it . it was my puke . He followed us for about 15 minutes honking until my uncle got pissed and left the interstate to lose him . So now im thinking its really over , but it wasnt .

my uncle called me today and said he got a call from his insurance company . he said that he is being sued by a man who claims that damage was done to the paint job of his yukon denali by someone in my uncle's car and he was holding my uncle responsible ???????????????

I mean I can understand the man getting mad but can puke be strong enough to ruin a paint job ???

I need someone here who can provide me with scientific proof that human puke is not strong enough to burn through paint so my uncle can get the case dismissed .

these are the contents of my stomach when I puked that may or may not gotten on his car .

1 . coke-a-cola
    2 . barb-que ribs
    3 . 3 slices of pepperoni pizza
    4 . orange juice
    5 . a ham and cheese sandwhich

and anything else that is found naturally in someones stomach like stomach acid etc...

my uncle is pissed at me and I want to help him , any help would be greatly appreciated .

2. Angel_of_Sith

Angel_of_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 10, 2002
    I know a certain make of car has it's paint ruined by bird poop, can't remember what car it was though. I'd imagine puke might as it is acidic.

It's not something I want to try out though.

3. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I stayed with my grandfather in virginia this weekend .

Went hunting with a BB gun?

4. _princess_leia_

_princess_leia_ Jedi Master star 6

Feb 23, 2004
    I would think that stomach acid may be able to do some damage.

5. kenwastinger

kenwastinger Jedi Master star 5

Mar 29, 2004
    Buddy barfed all over my car once. Washed it off w/i 15 minutes w/ a jet wash.

It left a visible "stain" on the paint.

6. Jake_Barnes

Jake_Barnes Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2002
    This story is clearly true.

7. Jedi_Reject_Jesse

Jedi_Reject_Jesse Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 26, 2004
    So you're the person that barfed on my car!!! :eek:

8. Jay

Jay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 1, 1998
    It would probably do a bit of damage -- especially if it dries on, which at freeway speeds would be pretty quick. Sounds like the guy was following too close, and is also being a real jerk, 'cause things happen. A while ago, someone in front of us tossed out their leftovers from lunch: fries, some trash, and thier soda. It wasn't my car and none of it hit us, but had it been my car and it had been hit, I'd have been pissed, but if someone got sick before they could pull over, I'd have been a little upset, but wouldn't have cared too much.

So, anyway, if you just saw it on his bumper, it probably didn't get all over his car. If you remember how close he was, blame him for tailgating. Otherwise, just have your uncle tell his insurance company that you puked before he had a chance to pull over, and its really nobody's fault.

9. comet1440

Jan 25, 2004
    If you remember how close he was, blame him for tailgating.

I guess that is my only option :(

10. -_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 28, 2002
    This is probably the funniest thread I have read since the one about 'Posting and You..' this weekend.

11. Darthette

Darthette Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 2003
    Geez, Comet...a thread about vomit? [face_laugh]

Edit: Hey, ya know....that rhymes, doesn't it? Comet/Vomit....You ought to put it in one of your raps. :)

12. SLR

SLR Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 20, 2002
    ^^^ [face_laugh]

13. BaronFel88

BaronFel88 Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 25, 2004
    I can safely say this made my day.

14. Darth_Snowball

Darth_Snowball Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 21, 2004
    Darthette! =D=

15. Grand_Duchess_Olga

Grand_Duchess_Olga Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Ok, there would be puke on your uncle's car too, so if there isn't then I doubt any got on the other guy's car.

Anytime someone spits or pukes out of the car, it dribbles on a their own car.

Also, what car was the jerk driving? Maybe you can call the manufacturere of the car to find out if puke can mess up a paint job.

16. -_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 28, 2002
    It's also a possibility that the puke didn't damage his paint job, but rather caused him to wreck or something else to avoid the puke or due to the suprise of puke flying on his windshield.

17. comet1440

Jan 25, 2004
    Maybe you can call the manufacturere of the car to find out if puke can mess up a paint job.

[face_idea]

18. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Okay, so back when I was a little fourteen year old such as yourself, I went on an amusement park tour of my state with my mom and my best friend.

My best friend tried to pretend he had a cast iron stomach like yours truly, but after the tilt-a-whirl, a few pretzels and some Gatorade, he was chucking his lunch out our back window in the middle of Brooklyn. Then he did it again on the Long Island Expressway home.

Now, I know the Long Island Expressway doesn't move very fast, thus not drying the puke onto the car completely, but sooner or later we hit the Deegan and started moving faster. By the time we got home we washed the stuff off and no harm was done to the paint on the car. You know what my mom drove? A teal blue Saturn. [face_plain]

So tell that punk-ass whiney crybaby in the Black Yukon to get a freaking hose. ;)

Jae O:)

19. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    http://thesupernaturalworld.co.uk/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t98.html

20. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    I puked out the window of a minivan. It wound up right on the side of the van. I'm surprised your puke made it to the car behind you. Must have been a tiny car, or you were really far out the window.

¤Night

21. Mortimer_Snerd

Mortimer_Snerd Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 14, 2004
    Puke does wonders for paint, but you should puke in the paint while it's still in the can.

22. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Personally, I think this guy is making a big deal about not much. You puked, so what? Its not like you were trying to hit his car or make your self barf for that matter. I think some people are way too attached to their cars and need to lighten up considerably.

BTW I was refering to the guy who's car was hit not Comet or his uncle, just so we're all clear.

23. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Here you go...

http://www.austinchronicle.com/issues/vol17/issue49/xtra.NASA.html

24. LeeKenobi

LeeKenobi Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 13, 2002
    Does anyone here know if puke can ruin someones paint job ?

Followed by:

I would like to ask that all replies be serious .

Dude. This is the JC. I mean, come on. Really.

Serious? [face_laugh]

25. Jedi_Hood

Jedi_Hood Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 10, 2000
    You say that like you think he might actually listen, Lee.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.