main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Does anyone know Mara's age????

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by MyEternalRest, Oct 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MyEternalRest

MyEternalRest Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 24, 2002
    It would be interesting if all Skywalker men fell for a woman older than them. [face_mischief]

2. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    I think she's at least a couple years older than him... I know it's been referenced that she's in her 40s when discussions about kids (before Ben happened) were going on.

3. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Yea, they're either the same age or she's a year or so older than Luke. Im pretty sure VP references this briefly, too.

4. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    Mara was born approximetely 22 years before the events of ANH, making her 2 years Luke's senior. ;) :)

Ken Kenobi- And you have a nice day ;)

5. Moyima

Moyima Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    Poor Luke- always has to be the "kid".

;)

6. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001
    Ken Kenobi:
    Mara was born approximetely 22 years before the events of ANH, making her 2 years Luke's senior.

Luke was said to be 20 in ANH and Leia was said to be 18 in ANH. Since Lucas now says they're twins, they obviously are the same age. Most sources now put Luke's age at 18 as of the Battle of Yavin.

As for Mara, I was present when Timothy Zahn said that she was the same age as Luke.

7. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    Luke was said to be 20 in ANH and Leia was said to be 18 in ANH. Since Lucas now says they're twins, they obviously are the same age. Most sources now put Luke's age at 18 as of the Battle of Yavin.

But since Episode III is set 20 years before ANH and Lucas has said that the Skywalker children will be in that film, Luke and Leia will be both be 20 instead of both being 18.

And since Lucasfilm says that Mara was born 22 years before the events of ANH, and 22-20=2, that means Mara is 2 years older than Luke. ;) :)

8. Fire_Light

Fire_Light Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2002
    Are you counting all the years Mara took off of Luke's life? It's gotta be at least a dozen with all her nagging. ;)

9. Iron_Fist

Iron_Fist Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2003
    That doesn't count. 8-}

I think KK's got it. In any case, Luke and Mara are very close in age.

10. MyEternalRest

MyEternalRest Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 24, 2002
    As for Mara, I was present when Timothy Zahn said that she was the same age as Luke.

Eh?

11. Iron_Fist

Iron_Fist Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2003
    I think they mean that they were at a book-signing/etc. with Tim Zahn there and he said the they were the same age. ;)

12. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001
    Ken Kenobi:
    But since Episode III is set 20 years before ANH and Lucas has said that the Skywalker children will be in that film, Luke and Leia will be both be 20 instead of both being 18.

Well, I just borrowed The Final Prophecy, and it now says that Episode III is set 19 years before ANH.

possible spoiler for Episode III:
    A rumor that I heard about Episode III mentioned a "pregnant Padme". If that's true, then the twins aren't born at the beginning of the film which now starts 19 years before Episode IV. So, it's possible that Luke and Leia will either be 18 or 19 in ANH, depending on exactly when they're born.

So, I guess we won't know for sure how old Luke and Leia are, let alone Mara, until after Episode III. ;)
    end spoilers

13. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    Well, I just borrowed The Final Prophecy, and it now says that Episode III is set 19 years before ANH.

Ah, I just went and checked and that is indeed correct. :)

As far as Mara goes, all information at the moment points to her being born circa 22 years before the events of ANH.

Everything should clear up, like you noted, after Episode III. For now I'll temporarily stick with Mara being four years older than Luke, though. :)

14. LuBusVassal

LuBusVassal Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2002
    I'd say three years, you know, if we aint sure its 18 and we aint sure its 20 then why don't we comprimise and say he and she are 19. I mean, for all we know it may be 18 and 6 months or 19 and 6 months or whatever.

Now, adding her nagging and he's got to be a hundred years older than he should be...

Meaning she will fulfill her master's wish:

Kill Luke Skywalker!!!!!

15. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    So does that explain why he looks like he does now?

Oh, no, that's what Mark looks like :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.