main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Does anyone know where the Episode I models are?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Kit-Fisto7BA, Apr 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kit-Fisto7BA

Kit-Fisto7BA Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2003
    Does anyone who lives in California,mostly in Kern County,know where I can find Star Wars:Episode I model kits?

2. Jack_T_Chance

Jack_T_Chance Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    I don't know if this will help you, but the current issue of Star Wars Insider has some info in it about the model kits and why they're so hard to find. It would seem, from my brief skimming of the article, that in the US, model-building is a dying hobby. :(
    So, you may actually have a hard time finding new SW model kits. At least that's the impression I got.

3. buster726

buster726 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    AMT stopped making Starwars models so they are hard to find. Best bet Ebay. or collectorsgalleryonline has a decent selection.

4. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Kit,

Your best bet for ep1 models is indeed ebay. Becareful! Only bid from sellers with high feedback, bid the most you are willing to spend (someone will always 'snipe' you if you don't), and never bid more than you are comfortable with. No matter what it is, if you wait long enough on Ebay you will find what you want for the price you want. As I recall, AMT produced a number of ep1 kits before discontinueing the SW line:
    Die Cast Metal Naboo Fighter (1/48 scale)
    Plastic Naboo Fighter (1/48)
    Trade Fed Fighters,3 in a box, (1/48, though I think them to be 1/64)
    Trade Fed tank (1/32)
    Ani's Podracer (1/32)
    STAP Battle Droid (?)
    Gungan Bongo (1/72)

There is some good news Kit, Fine Molds of Japan have been producing some wonderful SW kits in 1/72 scale. Maybe someday they will make some ep1 craft, but they do make a NEAT Jedi Starfighter complete with hyperdrive ring! You can order that from Hobbylinkjapan on the internet and it is currently on sale!
    Also Micromachines Action Fleet series made some ep1 kits in 1/72-1/64 scale that with some sheet styrine and a paintjob look quite nice.
    I hope this helps!
    MTFBWY
    Jammies

5. buster726

buster726 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    Just my opinion don't buy fine molds models they are about the size of hot wheeels and cost close to $50 a piece.

6. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    True, at 1/72 scale the kits are on the small side! The Jedi Starfighter, minus hyperdrive, is about 10cm. But the detail is impressive, these are small gems.

You are right Buster, these kits are small!

1/72 happens to be close to the 25mm scale (1/68) of the roleplaying miniatures from West End Games so Fine Molds is giving me some neat diorama ideas.

However, they are not that expensive. If you buy straight from HobbyLinkJapan, and not from an importer here in the states, they are quite affordable (what with the deflated Yen and all). I got a TIE, 2 XWings and the Jedi Starfigher for around 60 bucks including S&H.

MTFBWY
    Jammies

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.