Does anyone know...

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by LordSilvertouch, Sep 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordSilvertouch Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey, i haven't posted in this foruim before, but i want to pop a question. I'm not sure if it's the right forum or not, and if not, just shut this down.

You see i have a great love for movies. I'm practically obsessed and i would love to ve anything to do with this.

While acting is obviously a dream job i would love, maybe even more, to do work based on direction,. production, or even just behind the scenes stuff, which i also enjoy.

Does anyone how i can go about getting involved in movie production, be it Lucasfilm or any, and i mean ANY other group?

Thanks.

Silvertouch
  2. gator Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'm not really sure. You could apply to film schools or get an agent and take acting classes.
  3. malducin Jedi Master

star 4
    Complex question.

For one thing both Lucasfilm and ILM offer internships, check their websites.

As gator said probably the best way is film school, make films and contacts. USC also has a Summer program that teaches the basics.

You could also make your own film post it on the Internet or submit it to film festivals and if it's good people will seek you out. Some examples are Robert Rodriguez' El Mariachi, or say the creators of Duality (they were contacted by a lot of people including Lucasfilm), Troops or 405 The Movie.

There is also interning/working at local post houses and broadcasters and ask them if you can learn stuff on your spare time.

There are many ways...
  4. LordSilvertouch Force Ghost

star 4
  5. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    As stated above me, there are many ways one can be in a film industry, that is also a goal of mine, so you may wish to check into a Techincal college near you, or a local University may also offer the same program ;) .

After that, its just being noticed. 8-}
  6. LordSilvertouch Force Ghost

star 4
  7. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm actually planning on transferring to film school in a couple of years. If your really serious you?re going to have to get into one yourself A lot of production companies hire from the ones in San Francisco and Southern California (Lucas himself went to the University of Southern CA). The Academy of Art, for example, has a lot of graduates that have gone to work for one of Lucas' companies. San Francisco State doesn?t look to bad either. Other than that there?s always New York and Canada.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.