main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Does anyone like Saesee Tiin.

Discussion in 'Archive: The Phantom Menace' started by SaeseeJim, Nov 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SaeseeJim

SaeseeJim Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 21, 2003
    My favourite Jedi is Saesee Tiin. He's truly the best starfighter pilot in the galaxy. He can push any ship to it's maximum potential. Once he defeated 3 battle cruisers on his own with no help whatsoever. I so hope he gets a bigger role in Episode 3. I would love to see him display his piloting skills on film.

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Master_Byrd

Master_Byrd Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    I think he's cool for a jedi who's never said one line, yet been on the council in both prequels... I'd like to see more from him and the rest of the council in episode 3.

3. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Eh, he's all right.

Rick McCallum loves you!

4. gator

gator Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 20, 2003
    which one is he?

5. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    The one with the two downward-pointing horns.

6. Eeth_Koth_is_dead

Eeth_Koth_is_dead Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 21, 2003
    Yeah Saesee Tiin is awesome although it bothers me when people misspell his name...

7. Oakessteve

Oakessteve Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 9, 1999
    I've never met him, but I'm sure the Jedi must like him. He's on the Council, after all.

8. Jedi_Lord_Windu

Jedi_Lord_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2003
    from what i hear, hes quite the loner, quite fanatical, but also an amazing warrior, and i dont say that lightly....ive heard many say hes the 3rd most powerful jedi on the council, thats saying a lot tho for sum1 whose never spoken lol

9. SaeseeJim

Oct 21, 2003
    Yeah I can't stand it when people can't spell his name right either. Some people write it like Saucee Tin or Saesee Tin or Saesee Tim and so on.

by the way the info I got about him beating those three battle cruisers came from that new Jedi Source book in his bio.

10. Latorski

Latorski Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    I think my uncle knows him...

11. SaeseeJim

Oct 21, 2003
    He is quite a loner because he never took on a padawan. I think it would have been cool to see him take Anakin as his first padawan so that he could teach him how to be an even better starfighter pilot than he already is.

As far as I'm concerned he is the third most powerful Jedi on the Council other than obviously Mace Windu and Yoda. But probably not in the whole order but I'm sure he's pretty far up there.

Another example of how amazing of a pilot he is. The comic Jedi Council: Acts of War.
    When the three ships(Ship1 Saesee Tiin, Mace Windu, Obi-Wan, and Qui Gon)(ship 2 Eeth Koth, Adi Gallia, Theen Fida, and Tsui Choi)(ship 3 Plo Koon, Micah Giett, K'Kruhk, and Lilit Twoseas) exited hyperspace at the planet Yinchorri they were ambushed. So they took evasive action.

To escape Saesee Tiin used hyperspace to get to the other side of the planet. He went past not through. What he did was put in coordinates for the other side of the planet, then he went into hyperspace and with slit second timing he pulled up to go over top of the planet and the gravity well they were in kept them from going into orbit. Then as soon as they were on the other side of the planet he exited hyperspace.

12. Jedi_Lord_Windu

Jun 21, 2003
    yeah he is def. the best pilot of the PT, well in EU material only, but of course EU is canon ;)

13. Jedi_Lord_Windu

Jun 21, 2003
    so is tinn a jedi knight or a jedi master, ive heard that you have to train a padawan to become a master

14. SaeseeJim

Oct 21, 2003
    Saesee Tiin is a Jedi Master. Successfully training a padawan is one way of becoming a Master, but also by showing outstanding knowledge of the Force or by doing an amazing accomplishment is another way to be made a Jedi Master. Such as defeating three battle cruisers on your own.
    For example:
    Plo Koon became a master for his part in the Stark Hyperspace War
    Even Piell became a master when he fought seven terrorists and lost an eye

15. hawk

hawk Jedi Knight star 5

May 3, 2000
    I became a master after sitting through TPM. ;)

whostheBossk likes this.
  16. SaeseeJim

Oct 21, 2003
    I became a Master after AOTC by reading different books and gaining knowledge about the Starwars universe.
    Now I just need to learn how to make a real lightsaber that actually cuts stuff.

17. gator

Jul 20, 2003
    can someone post a picture?

18. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    [image=http://www.theforce.net/multimedia/archive/Images/Episode_1/Characters/Jedi_Council/Saesee_Tiin/swig249.jpg]

19. JediMasterDylan

JediMasterDylan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 8, 2003
    One of the few non female Jedi on the Council from TPM that didn't look like a total dweeb.

That little pink guy with the missing eye and the funny topknot really ticks me off. What an uninspired character design, he looks like a pink, annoyed human version of Yaddle. Speaking of Yaddle, is there even one clear shot of Yaddle in TPM?!

Shows how much I care about the names of Jedi who don't talk or fight.

20. Darth_Sillyname

Darth_Sillyname Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    Yes, the one with the missing eye is terrible. I laughed when I first saw that one in TPM. I thought it was a joke.

Once he defeated 3 battle cruisers on his own with no help whatsoever.
    - Ha! That's nothing!
    I also once defeated 3 enemy battle cruisers on my own with a Missile Boat (I think it was called a missile boat) - in the game TIE Fighter Collector's CD-ROM ;)
    That was a cool game :)

Seassee Tiin looks cool. I had him do some cool fighter stuff in my AOTC rewrite...before I had him killed [face_devil]
    Maybe in Episode 3 you'll get to see him do some cool stuff on screen.

21. gator

Jul 20, 2003
    Oh, I remember him now. He is very cool.

22. Master_Byrd

Jul 23, 2002
    Big deal... I've fought my way through the Star Forge and defeated Darth Malak... 8-}

23. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    Yeah but you were Darth Revan. :p

What would happen if Saesee Tiin quickly turned his head and got one of those horns caught behind his shoulder? He might break his neck. :(

24. Master_Byrd

Jul 23, 2002
    Did Jedi Power Battles feature Tiin? I remember Koon, Windu, and Mundi...

25. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Tiin was not in JPB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.