main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi / Light Side Does anyone out there have a REAL padawan braid?

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Magenta_Moonshadow, Sep 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Independence1776

Independence1776 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2006
    Thanks for the advice! (I'm female, btw.) I definitely want to keep it- I haven't been wearing it for years to get rid of it now.

I thought of a way I could hide it if I need to, but I'm wondering if it's feasible. I would get some bobby pins, tuck the braid up underneath the rest of my hair, attack a pin to hold it in place at my left ear, and do the same again for the end of the braid at the other ear. Would that hold? (Does that explanation even make sense?)

2. Magenta_Moonshadow

Magenta_Moonshadow Jedi Master star 3

Aug 14, 2005
    I hope that everyone's braids are growing well!:D

Just as a quick update, from being bald 18 months ago, my hair has grown long enough for me to have a seven inch (18cm) braid! :D (The braided piece is around 4 inches, and then I tie it off...the remaining 3 inches of hair is in a crazy curl! LOL!!)

3. morrison85

morrison85 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 13, 2005
    As a kid I had one , with these cotton string s wrapped round in different colours.

4. JediMasterAmanda

JediMasterAmanda Jedi Master star 5

Sep 7, 2005
    I've got a Padawan braid :D I'm not sure how long it is though I'll have to check later...it's braided as much of it as can be though and the little bit that's at the end likes to curl up XD

5. Takianna

Takianna Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    I'm starting to get inspired to grow one of these. You guys have some amazing ones! Maybe over the summer, while I'm letting my oldest son grow his hair out like ROTS Anakin, I'll grow one too. My hair grows pretty fast.

6. padawanlissa

padawanlissa Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    My hair's long enough that I can easily do one whenever I want. Is the braid supposed to be on a certain side, or is either side fine?

7. Magenta_Moonshadow

Magenta_Moonshadow Jedi Master star 3

Aug 14, 2005
    In the films, it's usually on the right-hand-side...:)

8. Boter

Boter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    Sounds like it could work. If I want to hide mine... well, I'm SOL :p For a movie I just did where I couldn't wear any headgear (as I have in Stargate: Hades with a bandana and Red Letter Day under various baseball caps) but it would be bad to have (unlike UCF: Toronto Cybercide), I spirit gummed it to the back of my next and then had it trail down into the collar of my suit, a la rat tail. It's not a solution that's suitable for more than a couple hours, though. Spirit gum sticks to hair fairly well, and skin okay unless you're exerting yourself, in which case the sweat sorta unsticks it.

9. Independence1776

Independence1776 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2006
    Cool to see some more trying to grow one!

As for my idea, it didn't work in practise as well as I had hoped. It's really hard to get a bobby pin around the braid, and then into the hair behind my ear. So, I've abandoned that plan. I'll just let it hang down and hope no one notices- or cares if they do.

10. Jedi_Master_Cazz

Jedi_Master_Cazz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 13, 2005
    *Raises hand* My brother does! Lol, and about Anakin having his for ten years? Uh-uh! My bros only had his for about four and it's getting longer than Anakin's in AotC. It starts above his ear and is tucked behind it.

Cheers_Cazza@};-

11. LORDWROTH

LORDWROTH Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2004
    you can go to Morris costumes. com and check in their star wars section
    or check under Hollween costumes online, I found my sons that way,
    good Luck,

12. Boter

Boter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    Is it canon for it to keep growing? I keep mine trimmed at about fifteen inches (I measure it with finger widths for rubberband spacing, but it works out to about 15").

Let's see if I have a recent picture of myself somewhere... ah. Here's a bit from the cyberpunk documentary I worked on over the summer.

[image=http://pressenter.phispace.net/Photos/Cyber%20Boter%20CC.jpg]

(On the left, obviously.) The last inch or so is hidden behind my wrist. Yay for colored rubberbands! Usually they're black, but every now and then I go for a color.

13. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    I love my clip-on braid!

[image=http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e385/JedHead1/For%20Sale/braidcustom-1.jpg]

14. TomBlonde-adill

TomBlonde-adill Jedi Youngling

Feb 19, 2005
    Not a Padawan braid exactly, but from time to time I do my hair in several braids--usually seven to eleven--fastened with clear dental elastics (you know, those things the dentist puts betwen your teeth before you get braces). I usually do this after I wash my hair, or if I'll be going swimming--it's the only style that doesn't look like Bantha fodder after getting wet, LOL. Plus it saves me the trouble of fussing with my hair for a couple days (after three I have to take them out, though, because it starts looking messy :p ).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.