main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Does anyone play Clone Wars on XBox anymore?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Jaycen_Ordo, Feb 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaycen_Ordo

Jaycen_Ordo Jedi Youngling

Jul 27, 2004
    I just recently got an XBox and picked up a copy of Clone Wars, I was all stoked to get on Live and see what it was like and no one was playing!!!

Does anyone still play out there?

2. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    I think the silence on your thread answered that question. From my experience with Jedi Academy, Clone Wars and Battlefront, the Star Wars games are some of the least popular games on Xbox Live these days. Hardly anyone played Clone Wars when I had it. Jedi Academy seems to require an extraordinary solid connection so that you won't be disconnected on any other game, and as for Battlefront...well, the less said, the better. :p

If you have a good PC, I think you will enjoy better quality SW gaming. The JK/JA communities are still strong. There's Galaxies if you enjoy MMORPG's. Battlefront PC has the benefit of patches and player designed mods, so it's probably a better experience on the PC than on console. Then there's the Battlefield 1942 mod. And if you dig RTS games, Empire At War will come out later in the year. It's sad, but with the notable exception of KOTOR 1, all console SW games have sucked major !$#!@. Much less enjoyed any online replay. It seems that the PC will always be the ideal platform where SW games can truly shine.

3. JK33

JK33 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    I got Clone Wars free with my Xbox.

[face_plain]

4. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    I think it's a fun game. I have it for the Gamecube. I wish there were more running levels.

And Battlefront is an excellent game. I can see people would rather play crap like Ninja Gaiden, but I would rather play Battlefront.

5. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    I played it and I have quite enjoyed it. Some people are just too picky.

6. Jaycen_Ordo

Jaycen_Ordo Jedi Youngling

Jul 27, 2004
    I do have a high end PC with most SW games in my collection. The problem with the games you speak, they are better on PC because that is their native system.

Ported games always suck. GTA sucks on PC, rules on PS2. KOTOR sucks on PC, rules on XBox. JK/JA rules on PC, sucks on Xbox. They are always the best on the systems they were designed for.

I was just wondering about this because I found it a fun game.

7. Timewalker

Timewalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2004
    Jaycen,

There are a few of us here that have been trying to get together to play Clone Wars on Live, we just haven't managed it yet.
    My gamertag is TimewalkerValek. Send me a friend request and I'll add you to my list.

-Joe

8. Stark_Rhavyn

Stark_Rhavyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2003
    I had Clone Wars for my 'Cube but traded that game in along with Tetris because I could get more money back for those two Gamecube titles than the double pack for Xbox cost.
    But I still haven't gotten around to picking up the Xbox double pack. I will eventually.
    But I don't have Live ($50) or high speed internet ($50/mo.) anyway.
    Give me a reason to tell my wife why we need $50/mo internet over free (borrowed password) dial up service when we barely use the internet anyway.

9. OnyxJedi

OnyxJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 12, 2004
    I tried back when I had a 2 month trial. Out of 15 games I never finished 1. People kept droping. I haven't gotten Jedi Academy on Xbox for the same reason. I hate playing games like that on PC so that's why I don't have that version.

10. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    "KOTOR sucks on PC"

What now? I have never had any problems with it.

11. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    I still have Clone Wars but I haven't played it in a while. I may have to break it out again and do the single player game again. ;)

12. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    It's sad, but with the notable exception of KOTOR 1, all console SW games have sucked major !

Not so. SOTE was fun, and the Rogue Squadron series is awesome (yes, even the last one - mostly for the multiplayer and some of the later levels).

13. Saberwielder315

Saberwielder315 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    I still play it on PS2. I love that game.

14. spideymike

spideymike Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 6, 2001
    I don't play it often, but I like Clone Wars. One of these days I'll play it on XBL soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.