main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Does anyone think Darth Vader will *not* be in Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by MiamiJedi, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    Holy smokes, I hope this isn't true. This obsession with Vader is an instance in which I agree with the Red Letter Media guy. Yes, Vader is an iconic villain to us Earthlings, but in the context of the SW universe he was simply the Empire's main enforcer/the Emperor's main lackey. Luceno's "Dark Lord" novel got it right when Vader appeared before the public for the first time, people just assumed he was another Grievous-like amalgam of flesh and robotics; something that the Separatists threw together to create their next monstrosity.

Vader returning in the context of the SW universe would be beyond bizarre, and the denizens of that universe would have to assume that they were living in some Truman Show-esque alternate reality in which someone out there was messing with their minds. The SW universe seriously needs to get past Vader. Again, he was a cinematic icon, but so was John Wayne. Should they create a CGI John Wayne to be the hero because his face is this iconic image? Bringing Vader back would be on par with that.

kainee and darklordoftech like this.
  2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    No to a Vader rip-off in the ST but if they want to do an arc in tv series between ROTJ and Episode 7 where someone shows up in a Vader suit and commands the Empire or creates a Cult of Vader for a couple arcs, I could get behind that.

3. iPadCary

iPadCary Jedi Youngling

Jun 20, 2013
    A cult of Vader.
    Hmmm ...

kainee and Force Smuggler like this.
  4. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
  5. iPadCary

iPadCary Jedi Youngling

Jun 20, 2013
    Annie on the cover of Rolling Stone ....
    Kind of reminds me of the opening of "Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader" on GameCube®.
    You know, where he's doing a disco dance underneath a mirrored Death Star ball! lol
    Ahh, the days when the word "Nintendo" was actually relevant.

darklordoftech and El_Machete12 like this.
  6. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Maybe we'll get Zombie Vader?

Zombader?

Zader?

kainee likes this.
  7. Lord TW

Lord TW Jedi Master star 2

Dec 25, 2012
    The quote is bull. In one sec, he denies Vader dies because the suit burned; up in the next, he says who is in the suit is the surprise. YOU JUST SAID THE SUIT BURNED, OLD MAN.

Troll

8. iPadCary

iPadCary Jedi Youngling

Jun 20, 2013
    Look, all fancy-schmancy analysis aside, Darth Vader will return in some sort of
    fantasy-like scenario: a flashback, a nightmare, a hallucination, etc.
    The functioning character itself will absolutely not return!

Now, let's talk about the upcoming action sequence with Han once again in the MF pilot's chair.

Sean Sinclair and Darth_Pevra like this.
  9. Little Mike

Little Mike Jedi Youngling

Jun 23, 2013
    Didn't the guys who wrote the Dark Empire Comic have their idea of a Darth imposter nixed by Lucas? So they made the Cloned Emperor instead?

Maybe this is why

10. Rachel_In_Red

Rachel_In_Red Jedi Master star 3

May 12, 2013
    Vader is my favorite OT character, but I hope he is not in the ST.

kainee likes this.
  11. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    i think You may see a more mature Hayden in ghost form, or maybe just hear the Darth Vader voice

kainee likes this.
  12. Rebel_Loyaltist

Rebel_Loyaltist Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2001
    All I can say is thank God you're not part of any creative development team. Have you absolutely lost your mind? I mean, the lot of ideas you've come up with in this thread are asinine, but this just takes the cake. Do you care nothing for the structural integrity of the saga?

StoneRiver likes this.
  13. darthfettus2015

Nov 15, 2012
    the more i think about this i think You will just see dreams and get the Vader voice

14. ThatsNoPloKoon

ThatsNoPloKoon Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 24, 2013
    Do Force Ghosts age? If we're accepting the Hayden ghost retcon he should eternally look 25.

kainee likes this.
  15. darthfettus2015

Nov 15, 2012
    i would love to hear the voice again, would not even need to see a face

16. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004

Suited Vader spin-off should not include any other main characters, IMO.

17. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/best-spinoff-ideas.50009394/page-16

18. Rebel_Loyaltist

May 17, 2001

Oh goodness, where do I even start. Before I do, you mentioned in another thread little six year olds making their parents go out and get them Star Wars paraphernalia. What six year old, where...where on this entire planet is there a six year that has a deep emotional attachment to Darth Vader? The kid was born in 2007! This kid was born TWO years after Episode III! This kid's attachment would if anything, be to the Clone Wars cartoon, if that.

And now to this mess of a post above.

George Lucas has made an innumerable amount of comments about Vader's suit being used as a life support system. But let's go outside. How about Kenobi's "More machine than man" line? How about Vader being able to LIVE without his mask only his meditation chamber? How about the fact that when Anakin ask's Luke to take it off him at the end of ROTJ Luke replies "But you'll die"? How about the fact that Vader DIES due to his suit being ELECTROCUTED and then not having his helmet on which helps the man breath for goodness sake, are you kidding me?

All your "What ifs", "But what abouts", and "I thinks" bear no evidence at all. I mean, where...how do you come up with this stuff?

19. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Have mercy on the poor poster!

Granger likes this.
  20. Rebel_Loyaltist

May 17, 2001
    Palpatine talking to me about Mercy is like Anakin telling me about the first hand account of the life of a spice freighter pilot during the Clone Wars.

darklordoftech likes this.
  21. darthfettus2015

Nov 15, 2012
    the thing about Vader/Anakin is he is such an amazing cinematic character - how many other characters have been so complex and big that its taken five different people to play him? thats why, even its just his voice,ill take it

22. iPadCary

iPadCary Jedi Youngling

Jun 20, 2013
    +1000.

And there, my friends, there lies the crux of this whole thing.
    Of course, they wanna stay true to the SW mythos.
    But, first & foremost, Disney's goal is to milk the you-know-what out of the Star Wars brand.

Not that this wasn't also the goal of LucasArts.
    However, with Disney, as the cliché goes, it's a matter of getting thier $4.5 billion back as quickly as possible,
    and using their powerhouse marketing muscle behind the cashcow IP that is Star Wars.

Like I say, The Force® & Pixar is all you're gonna hear from Disney for the next decade or so.

23. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    We thought Jar-Jar was bad? Wait until we see a Vader clone.

kainee and Darth_Pevra like this.
  24. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Just because Disney wants to make money (just like every single business on Earth) doesn't mean they are going to put out any ol' crap product. They will make much more money if the films are well made. Putting Darth Vader in Episode VII where he doesn't belong would make it a crap product.

25. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    Looks like the fan art is hyping DV too:

[​IMG]

I'm hoping this is more of the artwork around "Rebels"...