main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Does anyone think Darth Vader will *not* be in Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by MiamiJedi, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I don't see why it would have to be the same exact suit. With an iron lung, to boot! :)

Maybe a modernized version of the suit. Why? Because it looks cool. Better reason? Because the villain wants to mess with the galaxy and Skywalkers, making them think Vader is back, which would likely strike a lot of terror and confusion into people. Including fans here. lol

Sean Sinclair likes this.
  2. ThatsNoPloKoon

ThatsNoPloKoon Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 24, 2013

[​IMG]

3. Lord TW

Lord TW Jedi Master star 2

Dec 25, 2012
    I still think it'll be a cult. It is the only plausible explanation for referencing Vader at all.

The suit is gone.

The man is gone.

The dark side is balanced with the light IN LUKE.

He made the correct emotional decisions, where Anakin did not. But Luke also made the logical, strategic choices when needed, whereas Anakin was lucky (Ep I) and reckless (Eps 2 & 3).

Anakin brought about the prophecy by having and protecting a son who WAS the "balance."

Thus, if Vader popped up, or someone wearing the suit, Luke would instantly know it wasn't the will of the Force.

Someone completely knew would have to arise. That's why I think Ep 7 is act 1: introducing the characters who will be fleshed out further in eps 8 & 9.

4. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    see i see it as ACT 7..... there will be a lot of new characters but it is a SEQUEL after all

MiamiJedi and Dra--- like this.
  5. JStepp

JStepp Jedi Padawan star 2

Jun 10, 2011
    Wow this is actually a succesfull thread? Darth Vader if he appears will be a force ghost or a force illusion ala dagobah darkside cave.

6. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    "From a certain point of view."

Lord TW: said...
    So, Luke is The Chosen One?

7. Lord TW

Lord TW Jedi Master star 2

Dec 25, 2012
    If the prophecy states that the Chosen One will "bring about" balance in the Force, then technically, Anakin still qualifies. He's the "bringer," not the "balance."

This is more of a theory than a firm interpretation, but I am starting to convince myself that it is right. I have always believed Luke found the right amount of emotion and care for his friends, and that's what made him special. It makes sense that he has the perfect balance, and therefore is the result of the prophecy.

kainee and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  8. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    As new SW movies tend to alter the perspective of those that have preceded, it makes sense to me that Luke be the 'Chosen One'. One big reason is the music. Luke's Theme, which is 'The Hero's Theme', which is John Williams Star Wars Theme, runs throughout both trilogies and will undoubtedly be the center of the next.

I enjoy the discussion, here, and thanks for your thoughts.

kainee and Dra--- like this.
  9. MiamiJedi

MiamiJedi Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 26, 2013
    Bingo.

10. MiamiJedi

Jan 26, 2013
    "Undermining" Anakin's sacrifice is not a concern if the story makes it work.

Dra--- likes this.
  11. MiamiJedi

Jan 26, 2013
    A modernized version of the suit but the suit nonetheless. Perhaps Vader will simply appear on the scene as a mystery and Luke and co. will go on a mission to find out why. So we may not know how Vader returned until Episode 8. Hmmm.

Dra--- likes this.
  12. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Or... stay with me here... they could do something really wacky and do something original. I know, crazy thought. 8-}

13. MiamiJedi

Jan 26, 2013
    A force ghost would be too minor of an appearance. Perhaps we will see Anakin as a force ghost before he is resurrected!

Dra--- likes this.
  14. MiamiJedi

Jan 26, 2013
    But Episode VII is part of the saga. It is going to continue what has happened before. Episode VII is the continuation of the story that began in Episode I. It is not its own saga like some would prefer to believe.

Dra--- likes this.
  15. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The Shadow Academy students in the Young Jedi Knights series, had Vaderesque outfits:

[​IMG]

16. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    But it IS continuing what's happened before, by following Luke & Leia and whatever 'next-gen' kids there are. It's following the Skywalker legacy. Vader, suit or otherwise, is no longer required.

17. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Right and in the last film Darth Vader is dead. Resurrecting him would not only be completely ridiculous but would also undermine the previous six films, making them completely irrelevent. There are many ways to connect the ST to the existing Saga but resurrecting Vader ain't one of them.

kainee likes this.
  18. MiamiJedi

Jan 26, 2013
    We will see spinoff movie(s) about Vader in his prime. You can bet the farm on it. And I hope Ewan is in one of them!
    But when you say Darth Vader will not be in Episode 7 "no matter how you look at it," you are assuming you know what the story of Episode VII will be. None of us know that.

19. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Nooo, no Ewan in the Vader spinoff. No matter how it ends, it would disappoint. Either Vader fans (and those are many) get really pissed off because Vader is gimped again or the guys rooting for the hero get pissed off.

But I hope you are right about this spinoff movie. Vader in his prime would be a sight to behold (and Vader in his prime is the guy in the mask and suit!).

Dra--- likes this.
  20. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    fixed

21. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    Just because something is original doesn't mean it will be any good. The Vader suit is The Good. And it will always be The Good. Give me The Good.

Also: for those of you who want original, that's kind of vague. Give us what you think original will be, please.

And, by the way, what's not original about someone masquerading as Vader? Has that happened in a previous episode I've missed? :confused:

22. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    The Vader suit is good, but without the Vader-voice and the Vader personality it is only half the Vader-experience. I hope we get the full Vader-experience (with JEJ voice!) in one of the spinoffs. And the mask better be asymmetrical, because if not Disney will feel my wrath. :p

23. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    Yes on the asymmetrical.

I would imagine a masquerading Vader would want to sound like Vader. If they were to do this, it would probably be for episode VII only. The new villain would be unmasked at some point and we'd be moving on to facing a larger threat.

A Vader imitator would be a perfect way to draw Luke and company into a trap.

24. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Someone masquerading as Vader might be original but it is also incredibly lazy writing. You're banking on people's nostalgia for the old character to give the new one some weight instead of creating a character who can stand on their own. Without Anakin in the suit, the suit is nothing.

kainee and Darth_Pevra like this.
  25. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    You're assuming a lot when you when suppose that this new character can't also be interesting. In fact, I think you could come up with some very interesting motivations for someone willing and able to impersonate Vader. Wearing the suit creates a fun mystery, but it doesn't follow that the character isn't any good on their own.

It's clear you don't like the idea though, which is understandable. What sort of original idea are you thinking could work?

darklordoftech likes this.