main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Does Anyone Want To Be A Sith?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by LordVader66, Mar 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordVader66

LordVader66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    In the PT you see Sidious and his 3 apprentices. I found it interesting that the 2 not raised a sith as a child, Dooku and Anakin did not want to become Sith. They felt it was their only way to get a desired result, was to turn to the darkside. Dooku wanted to reform the corrupt republic and Anakin to save his wife from death. Even though Dooku's first sith years are not covered one would imagine that he had left the order because he saw the republic crumbling and the order could do nothing to stop it. We see Anakin's turn and we all know that he did not want to become a Sith. Do you think that apprentices such as Dooku and Anakin will be failures or not completely Sith compared to Maul and Sidious, who were a 100% Sith? I believe the success of a Sith relies on one being raised from birth as a sith. Please do not misunderstand what I am saying, not refering to their accomplishments but their dedication to the darkside. Seemlingly their is always a struggle inside of these apprentices over their former good nature and now evil one.

Any Thoughts?

2. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    I think it plays a part in the Sith. Just like in a Jedi. You can't have mix feelings otherwise things get complicated, but with the Sith you don't have as many boundaries therefore it's not so confined. I don't see any struggle with Dooku, so I don't know if we can count him in the Anakin category...

3. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    Do you think that apprentices such as Dooku and Anakin will be failures or not completely Sith compared to Maul and Sidious, who were a 100% Sith?

The movies dont provide enough backstory to know if Palps or Maul really wanted to become Sith either.

4. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    People seem to turn to the dark side because of some sort of dissatisfaction at what they've been trying to achieve through the light. I suppose if you were once prepared to dedicate your life to the light, those feeling may linger subconsciously and prevent you from fully utilizing the dark. If you've never known the light, you wouldn't have that problem.

5. DarthLassic007

DarthLassic007 Jedi Master star 6

Nov 25, 2002
    I think Maul was the only one to be raised a Sith from a very young age.

6. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    According to Lucas, Sidious & Maul were trained from birth to be a Sith. They've reveled in it. Tyrannus was not a failure at all. He did his job and did it well. Sidious got exactly what he wanted out of him. Vader had so much more potential ahead of him. But after two decades of working with a less-than-whole Vader, Sidious was looking to replace him with Luke when the idea was presented to him.

None of the Sith think that they are evil. They think that they are doing good in the universe by taking matters into their own hands. Vader was a successful Sith in many regards. But what Sidious failed to grasp was that Vader had some of his humanity left. Enough to want to renounce the Dark Side and embrace the light. Tyrannus never got to go back. To have that epiphany.

7. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Actually, the book Dark Rendezvous is centered around Dooku turning back to the light side. Except it turns out that Sidious was manipulating his apprentice as well, and makes him believe he was betrayed by the Jedi again.

8. Carnage04

Carnage04 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 8, 2005

No Jedi wakes up every day wishing he/she were a Sith Lord instead. Everything you have learned your entire life tells you that the Sith are Evil. You live every day for the Jedi Philosophy.

One day you wake up and realize that the Jedi philosophy just...doesn't...work...for you. You meet a Sith Lord and realize that hey, that philosophy does make more sense.

I think that you can link it to modern day religion. Anyone in here raised Catholic by a set of strict parents/relatives/society and eventually found themselves followers of Islam or Buddism? That transition can be quite a tumultuous time. Everyone around you tells you of the evil Muslims or the heathen Buddhists yet you find yourself more in agreement with the other religion. Finding out who you are is especially hard when the group you live amongst tells you what you should be. I'd imagine it is that way for a Sith in Jedi's clothing.

Carnage

9. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    And to add another EU element in there, Asajj Ventress wanted desperately to be a Sith. She was Dooku's pet project. So I suppose there are those who would seek to be Sith, but they are a secret organization. No one is supposed to know they exist. By the time they have taken over the Republic, by the majority of people they are not thought of as Sith, but as leaders of a fearsome Empire.

10. ravennomad

ravennomad Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2006

Count Dooku Left the order after Qui-Gon Jinn Was Killed
    Dooku left the Jedi Order around the time of the Battle of Naboo and reclaimed his family title as Count of Serenno. He was frustrated at the bureaucracy of the Galactic Senate, as well as the unwillingness of the Jedi Council to aid oppressed Galactic systems. The disastrous Battle of Galidraan soured him towards continued service to the Republic; the death of Jinn, his favourite Padawan, proved to be the final straw

11. PrinceEspaaValorum

PrinceEspaaValorum Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    I thought that Dooku's "wanting to return to the light," was his way of manipulating Yoda. He didn't seem very sincere at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.