Does Chewbacca get to come back in Episode III??

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by PeterMayhew, Feb 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: heels1785, Seagoat
  1. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    This is too bloody cool. Thank you for coming to the JC, Mr. Mayhew. You have made our day. Many of us here have been SW fans for life, and this is truly an honor to have you here in our midst.

<I can't get the image of Chewie swinging onto the AT-ST howling like Tarzan out of my mind>

...god, I feel like a geeky kid, but this is too cool....
  2. Darth-Swede Jedi Master

star 2
    Hey Peter. I'm unfourtenately not that Viktor :). We just talked briefly at the madison square garden where You did a signing. But thanks for responding :)

peace:

Viktor
  3. JeffJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Mr. Mayhew welcome! This is such a great honor for all us. Chewbacca is such a great part of Star Wars. He is very expressive and beloved by all. Being able to talk with you is amazing. You have brought to life a character that I have known my whole life. Thank you. :)
  4. Storm5 Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks for joining us Mr. Mayhew. Chewbacca doesn't have a single line in english, but you always know what he's saying somehow. Only great actors can give such a performance.

Thanks! :)
  5. PeterMayhew Chewbacca the Wookiee

VIP
    star 1
    Ok,someone is going to have to tell me how to get to the community...I had a private message about it, but didn't understand. What a wonderful day this has been getting to connect with so many people....am I really in red? is that good? do I look good in red? sorry, I'm still the learner...
  6. Qui-Gon Generic Jedi Master

star 3
    Glad to see you here, Mr. Mayhew!

How did you find this wretched hive of scum and villany? ;)

Thank you for so many wonderful memories of my childhood....well, I was 13 when I saw A New Hope for the first time, but you get the picture.

I'm very honored to meet you, if only here in cyberspace.

Welcome!
  7. Senator Dzrekpo Amegnran Jedi Master

star 3
    Welcome to the Forums, Mr. Mayhew. It's an honor and a privelege to meet you (virtually, that is).

I know I speak for many people in saying that your performance as Chewbacca is one impersonated by many of us on playgrounds and backyards. What I wouldn't have done for a laser crossbow!

Thank you for many memories of childhood, memories I continue to visit each time I watch the Original Trilogy and see Chewie throw off the handcuffs or hear him roar.

Again, it's truly great to have you here! I hope you enjoy your visit!

SDA
  8. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    Community: http://boards.theforce.net/board.asp?brd=10008

Otherwise go to Jedi Council Forums, at the bottom of your page. then JC Community and then Community.

Welcome to the JC.
  9. FORCEKIN Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Call George Lucas and tell him we want you to play a Wookiee in E3, not necessarily Chewie, but we need more Wookiees!
  10. Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator

star 5
    Hope you're having a great time on the 'boards, Mr. Mayhew!

It would be truly great to find out something more about our favorite Wookiee in Episode III.

And the group of friends I saw the MTV Awards with was positively glowing when Chewbacca *finally* received the medal and recognition.

Here's hoping we get to see you soon!

Feel free to drop by the Southwest FanForce's DFW FanForce page or the JC Community while you're on the boards!

Enjoy :D

11. evilrobotmonkey Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Will Mr Chewbacca adopt Evil Robot Monkey? Self has no home...or family.
  12. bad radio Jedi Master

star 4
    By far the *best* SW boards on the net? We have Peter Mayhew!!! Yet another reason I will continue to frequent these boards. Very Cool!
  13. PeterMayhew Chewbacca the Wookiee

VIP
    star 1
    I see no reason why Chewie couldn't be seen in Ep III. Because of my body shape, I don't think that I could play any other character in Star Wars...the walk, the feet, the hands, they are all really my body shape, and it's a little different from other people. The other wookiees are regular large people, I think. I have truly big feet and hands!!!
  14. Hunter Of Winds Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Mr. Mayhew -- Welcome aboard! It's great to hear from you. :)

Hunter Of Winds
  15. Arseman Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Mr. Mayhew (can I call you Chewie?),

a few questions for you:

1. does George Lucas still give you special treatment in regards to present/future Star wars events? Does he keep you in the loop at all?

2. do you get royalties from the sale of any kind of SW merchandise? I'm assuming it would be wookiee related.

3. have you been doing any other kind of acting lately? if so, in what?

thanks,

Arseman
  16. RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus

star 7
    I have not read of any clues linking Chewbacca to the new Star Wars saga. I disagree with a previous posting which stated that Obi-Wan did not know Chewie. The impression that I have always had is that Obi-Wan already knew of or had met Chewie previously but had never met Han Solo. I don't think he waded into a cantina full of pilots and just pulled out anybody. He appeared to have a confidence in Chewbacca. Obi-Wan is portrayed as a wise, universe traveling individual and I would not be surprised if his and Chewie's paths had crossed before.
  17. Wormie2 Jedi Knight

star 6
    Oh man, you guys aren't making butt heads out of yourselves in front of him, are you?
  18. Hunter Of Winds Jedi Youngling

star 5
    I'm an original fan. I watched Star Wars in 1977 and I had no idea that one day I'd be "talking" to the actor who played Chewie.
  19. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    Welcome to the fastest growing thread on the JC.

**OW buckles his seat belt and gets ready for a great ride**
  20. PeterMayhew Chewbacca the Wookiee

VIP
    star 1
    Well, I must say that I like Roland's logic and it does seem that Obi-Wan knew Chewie (btw, you may address me as Peter, that's my name)....his statement..."Chewbacca here is first mate on a ship that might suit us.." does imply that they knew each other before. We'll just have to wait and see, won't we...
  21. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Yes we will...Peter. Darn..
  22. Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    We are honouRed by your presence, Mr Mayhew. :)
    *does an Ewok deity-worshipping bow*

Perhaps you could give us some of your memories of filming the Original Trilogy?
    *hopeful*
  23. Wormie2 Jedi Knight

star 6
    I'd love to see him come back for the next two films, especially since they killed him off in the books. And of course, Mr. Mayhew, it would simply have to be you in the costume. It wouldn't be the same if you weren't there.
  24. JeffJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Cool! We would love to see him back.

Was the suit hot? It must have been in the desert.

Which movie did you enjoy making the most?
  25. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Guys...you're forgetting something:

"Droids don't rip people's arms off when they lose. Wookies have been known to do that."

Don't badger the man with questions; he's an OT hero for most of us, but I imagine he doesn't want to spend his time here saying things like:
    "Well, George was pretty strange...he was always babbling on about Kirosawa and some such..and I won't even go into detail about Carrie.."
Moderators: heels1785, Seagoat
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.