main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Does Chewbacca get to come back in Episode III??

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by PeterMayhew, Feb 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keokiswahine

keokiswahine Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 4, 2000
    2/28/01 Transcript is up.

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=2070493&replies=0

2. darthwedge2000

darthwedge2000 Jedi Youngling

Feb 15, 2001
    No idea wook, no idea.
    Wedge

3. Thai_James

Thai_James Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2001
    Thanks for your reply Peter, sounds like you really appreciate your fans and I respect that being a big fan myself...thank you!

4. Ewan-Kenobi

Ewan-Kenobi Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 21, 2000
    Mr. Mayhew, I was just wondering if you've seen the parody movie Spaceballs, and what you thought about it, John Candy's performance as Barf the Mog.

5. son_of_the_tear

son_of_the_tear Jedi Master star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Pete, can I stil cal you that? OPk, I just want to know what fond memories you have with Lucas off the set that strike in your mind the most?

And have you ever partied with Kenny baker and Luke and Han during nights way from filming?

And most importantly, are you a party animal! Wahoooooooooooo!

My girlfriend, wants you to know that you are the cutest thing out there and that you are one hot lil gur ball and that you are so cute when you make those little roaaaaaaaaar raaaaaaaa rwhuaaaaaa noises in the movies lol

Yes, she is not a huge fan of SW. I got herto see the movies and she liked them, but not a fan. But she thought you were the cutest.

6. Yoda_Person

Yoda_Person Jedi Youngling

Dec 3, 2000
    How can you say that you like Chewie and not be a Star Wars fan? Chewie's the greatest!
    My brother-in-law has never seen any of the Star Wars movies and he loves Chewbacca.But I'll fix him, i'll fix him good...

7. wookiee-jedi

wookiee-jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 12, 2001
    i love Spaceballs,i think that movie is so funny,and i love John Candy as Barf,i think it's so awful that John Candy died,he was such a good actor.

8. greedo29

greedo29 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 15, 2000
    Hey, um, Peter, do you remember in ANH when you and solo and Luke were breaking into the detention center, and you were kind of hand-cuffed and the guards questioned where they were "taking that thing"? then you broke free and caused a huge ruckus?

that was great!!!

And, uh, remember that time in ROTJ, when you joined the ewoks, and they were like your buddies, because you were hairy and bigger than them?

that was awesome!!!!

9. Yoda_Person

Yoda_Person Jedi Youngling

Dec 3, 2000
    that was great,greedo. It was also cool when they were going to freeze solo and chewie goes crazy and knocks over several stormtroopers.

10. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Mara-Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 21, 2000
    hehe i liked that too.

11. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    Hello Mr. Mayhew

I just wanted to say hello and I plan on meeting you at the Big Apple Con in New York City on Saturday the 10th. My friends and I are looking foward to it.

12. Emajekral

Emajekral Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2001
    Hey Peter and all. Thought you might like a recording of "Starfighters in the Sky" by Steven Cavanagh.

Click here to listen:
    http://www.cs.uregina.ca/~clarke/StrF2.mp3

Enjoy! :)

Thanks Steven!

13. norway

norway Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 29, 2000
    Congratulations group! We just past 1100 posts!

Peter, I have a terrific question for you - one that's been bugging me a loooong time:

Was George so secretive with the story of any of the Original Trilogy's episodes that the main actors (you and the other 5 or 6) never got to see the entire script? Or were you all informed of the complete story so you knew exactly what the movie was about.

It seems to be a habit of his of late to only show the cast their specific parts - and nothing more. I wonder exactly what his point is with this...

14. keokiswahine

Sep 4, 2000
    He became secretive once everyone became rabid about storylines and leaking it. Then it's no surprise. Better for the box office when everyone is salivating. He's a good businessman. See how we are? :)

15. Chewtobacco

Chewtobacco Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2001
    I'm kind of like Han Solo always stroking my own wookie.

16. The Dark Lord of London

The Dark Lord of London Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 1999
    As much as I love Chewie, I think that having him appear in the prequels would make the saga too coincidental. I guess I have the same reservations about Boba Fett at the moment, though I shall not pass judgement until I have seen Episode II. I wouldn't mind seeing other wookiees appear along the away (senate scene in E1), though not one in a prominent role that could steal Chewie's thunder, which I don't actually think is possible!!!
    Its great to see that Peter has contributed to the Forums and can I congratulate him on the way that he portrayed the great Chewbacca, definately one of my favourite Star Wars characters.

17. Bakudo

Bakudo Jedi Youngling

Feb 12, 2001
    This is so cool. I mean, Mr. Mayhew is the only guy who knows what it's like to be Chewbacca! He knows what it is to be part of a saga. I would like so much to have just a little role in Star Wars just to say: "Hey, I'm part of the Star Wars saga!"

I wanna be in Star Wars! (crying)

18. keokiswahine

Sep 4, 2000
    we all do. Get in line. :D

19. keokiswahine

Sep 4, 2000
  20. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    uhmm, just don't try to sneak in and steal my place. ;)

21. Vhon_Gaerikks

Vhon_Gaerikks Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 2000
    Wow.
    I'm finally able to post again, so I have to show my face in this thread. Thanks for coming to the boards, Mr Mayhew!

This is my 'we are not worthy' fanboy post. I'll go back through the thread and try to come up with an interesting question to ask you that hasn't already been asked...

Thank you once again for taking the time to speak with us.

22. keokiswahine

Sep 4, 2000
    vhon, here's the link to my Peter's Transcript thread. That way you can read his posties, and figure out what questions were not asked, unless you want to read through the 1000+ posties here.

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=2070493&replies=1

:)

23. Vhon_Gaerikks

Vhon_Gaerikks Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 2000
    Cheers keo.
    BTW what is the trick with the emoticons?
    I disappear from the boards for a couple of weeks and now they are all over the place!

I'm out of it for a little while, everybody gets delusions of grandeur...

24. keokiswahine

Sep 4, 2000
    the smiley link is in my sig. :)

25. Ganner_Rhysode86

Ganner_Rhysode86 Jedi Youngling

Nov 9, 2000
    Sorry you died, Mr. Mayhew. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.