main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Does Chewbacca get to come back in Episode III??

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by PeterMayhew, Feb 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Starkiller

The Starkiller Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 12, 1999
    Hey, vaiderpainter: You just made post 1138!!! :)

2. Yoda_Person

Yoda_Person Jedi Youngling

Dec 3, 2000
    I say Lucas should have Harrison Ford play Han Solo's father in Ep.3 and have some teenager (like me) to play Han and have Chewie have some sort of relations with the Solo family.

Also I think in one of the next Star Wars movies we should see a Wookie Jedi fight with a lightsaber. After all Chewies's nephew is in Luke's Jedi academy.

3. mr.binks

mr.binks Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 1999
    Uh... Good ideas yoda_person, but a bit of wisdom: Don't mention the expanded universe in corelation to the movies around this crowd. They tend to think that everything that isn't directly from lucas is ****. :)

So anyway, Peter, have you read or heard anything about Lowbacca, Chewie's jedi nephew? Maybe from your wife? He was in Kevin J Anderson's young jedi series. And what are your thoughts on Chewie's relation to the force? "Everyone can feel the force, the Jedi more so."-Lucas

4. wookiee-jedi

wookiee-jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 12, 2001
    wahooo,Peter's back :)

5. Leiaosolo

Leiaosolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 1999
    So YOUR the type of person who buys things like that (referring to the tiffany lamp) at amusement parks!! I usually end up with a t-shirt!!
    I like Amusement parks, too. Been to many. Fav? Disney Tokyo
    Worst? Farmland, Seoul Korea

What are your fav/worst, Peter?
    I'll bet your height gets in the way of enjoying some of the rides. Watch out for Space Mountain!!

But, back to the topic, I'm really excited about the ONE WORLD/ONE RELEASE campaign that was started as a petition since I live in Germany and will still be next May, Lord willing. I am hoping that our petition to have you in Ep III will also come to TMRFE's attention!! :D

6. julsnice

julsnice Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2000
    Wow! I haven't posted here in quite some time.
    First and foremost:
    Greetings Mr. Mayhew, I feel very honored to be able to post this message to you. You are a great fellow who has brought a world of joy and excitement to us Star Wars fans and you must know that SW wouldn't have been half as enjoyable as it was without the Chewbacca character, and without your esteemed portrayal of him under the suit.

I haven't posted on these forums for awhile now do to a racist incident that occurred with a new member awhile back that did affect me rather personally. That and some other rudeness from a select few members. Needless to say though, that person was dealt with and for the most part the fans here are great and original, as you can see. They are truely among the elite SW fans.
    I mentioned that incident because it leads me to a point that I just wanted to bring to your attention. You may not be aware of this, but as a young African American youth struggling to grow up in the inner city of NY, you served as a very high point of inspiration to myself and a select few of friends and family as we grew up (SW fans are dwindled amongst my people in this area).

You see, (this may sound funny and hopefully it doesn't annoy you and others) when we were growing up, the SW myth among us was that the Chewbacca character was in fact black!! I mean, he did have dark fur and all :)

Now, of course, now that we are all older and wiser, we know that niether the character nor the actor behind the mask were black, but before Lando came along (even after) we were striving to find some character that we could relate to, that exhibited our emotions as to how we felt about our general past in this country as a people: uh....mainly roaring anger ;)
    But honestly, some had Foxxy Brown to look up to, others had Shaft, but a select few of us looked up to CHEWBACCA: the most emotional character of SW who couldn't speak a lick o' English!
    My brother thinks you were the best thing about the trilogy. We both loved you in ESB, the rapport between you and Han in that movie are very realistic and convincing.

Anyway, I just wanted to point something original out to you; most of the questions I had have already been answered in this topic. Hopefully you will read my post, and even better, you will be positively affected by it.

Later!

7. keokiswahine

keokiswahine Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 4, 2000
    new Peter Mayhew transcript thread is up.

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=2160592&replies=0

8. r2dee2

r2dee2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 1999
    Mr. Mayhew...I noticed a pic of you at the MegaCon and thought you might like to see it:) Hope you had a great time. It was posted at the Sandtrooper site....
    http://www.sandtroopers.com/
    http://www.sandtroopers.com/Megacon/photo6%20mega%20con%20final.jpg

At a Denver Science Fiction convention some years ago, where Anthony Daniels was a guest, the autograph area was set up with a "stand-up" of C3P0...with spotlights on it....and just in front of the stand-up, Anthony would sign autographs. When people took pictures of him, they were able to get a very nice shot of Anthony signing whatever was presented to him and a nicely lit C3P0 in the background. Here's my pic of him...
    http://fan.starwars.com/photoforce/files/anthonydanielsreduced_4.jpg

Perhaps you could do something along the same lines? Most conventions would have a life size stand-up of Chewie that you could probably borrow and it would make for a very nice photo opportunity:) Just an idea:)

9. PeterMayhew

PeterMayhew Chewbacca the Wookiee star 1 VIP

Feb 6, 2001
    Julsnice, Interesting topic you brought up about Chewie being black. There was another young man, or maybe you..?.., came by and mentioned the same thing to me in New York this past weekend. I think he was surprised to find Chewie was a blue-eyed Englishman. The point is, as is so often the case in sci-fi, that people are people wherever and whenever. We all have the opportunity to interact and communicate on some level. As a very large person whose thoughts come in very long sentences, some people who think quickly and in short phrases might have trouble communicating with me. But other people call me "storyteller" and that is the way I like to think of myself. People all over the world, from every country and every race understand Chewie and he needs no translation. Thank you for your kind and well thought out post.

10. jaydub99

jaydub99 Jedi Youngling

Feb 13, 2001
    Peter,

I am fairly confident that George plans to somehow weave Chewie and a young Han Solo into Episode III. I expect there will be a subplot that involves them and Lando. Do you remember any character background that George shared with you during the original films? It might help us figure out how he could fit the stories together...

11. Yoda_Person

Dec 3, 2000
    hey Mr.Binks, I don't really care if anybody around here like Expanded Universe stuff or not. I mean Lucas may not of thought of it but didn't he allow all the EU stuff to be made and/or published?

12. Jedi_Falcon

Jedi_Falcon Jedi Youngling

Mar 12, 2001
    do we really need a sub plot that involves han and chewie? or lando fot that matter? if you are to watch all the movies in order hans apearence in ANH does just fine... now im just saying this for fact.. in my heart i would love to see a young hans, chewie.. and not to mention lando and his falcon aye?

13. Yoda_Person

Dec 3, 2000
    I think it would be cool if in Ep. 3 Harrison Ford played Han Solo's father but Han was a clone of his father and the same with Lando. But this won't happen, it would just be to crazy.

14. Jedi_Falcon

Jedi_Falcon Jedi Youngling

Mar 12, 2001
    i think the idea, of han and lando, being clones just seems to far off for me you know... there is one thing that i would love to see.. you guys can tell me if this is out of touch or crazy.. in epII or epIII we see the run that hans talks about that the falcon can do in under 12 parcels... something like that.. maybee ani could try the run in his yellow hot-rod. i dont know? what do you guys think?

15. Yoda_Person

Dec 3, 2000
    In episode 2 and 3 Han and Lando would be teenagers, a few years younger than Anakin I think, and I don't think they would be old enough to own or fly a ship. I think we should see Solo's or Lando's father fly the Falcon in the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs.

16. PeteC

PeteC Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2001
    Peter,
    Thank you for a wonderful convention experience, once again I had the privledge of talking to you and giving you money, haha, and this time I had the chance to meet your lovely wife. I only wish every convention guest was as kind as the two of you. I did find another photo from the Kurtz collection, this one of Carrie does have you relaxing in the background but you are a bit cut off....I will be sure to email it to you, just in case you haven't seen it.
    again thank you both so much for your kindness and for signing all my odd-ball items.
    All the best,
    Pete Chuka

17. keokiswahine

Sep 4, 2000
    Folks, if you have pics of Peter, Silmarillion has offered to host them on her geocities site and post the link to them in Peter's thread. This is great.

Silmarillion 3:30pm 2/19 RE: Does Chewbacca get to come back in Episode III??

If anyone has pics, I can host them for you and I'll post a link in this thread.
    Email them to me at silmarillion@mbox.com.au

If anyone is emailing me their pics for Peter, please try and keep it under 500k if you can.

Thanks, Sil.

18. Demon_Lord_Piccolo

Demon_Lord_Piccolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 22, 2001
    This should help us be pretty sure.....

What room did you give your Question and Answer lecture in at the Mega Con in Orlando, FL. on Saturday, March 3rd and who were you with?

19. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    Mr Mayhew, I was at the Big Apple con in NYC, I arrive much later than I planned to, I had very bad timing since you were out to lunch and I could not stay long. I did see you though, walking passed me. It was great to see you even though I did not get to meet you. I hope I have another opportunity some day. I did talk to my friend, They guy dressed as Darth Vader, He told me how nice it was to meet you and how you are a great guy.

Funny thing happened, I was talking to the Ultarama guy that was next to you. As you walked by, he said to me. "Hey, you are almost as tall as he is"(meaning you) I said to him, "Not Quite" I am only 6 feet 5 inches.

20. wookiee-jedi

wookiee-jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 12, 2001
    has anyone seen PeterMayhew.com,it looks wonderful :)

21. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    WOW! I just got done reading through all the posts.

Mr. Mayhew, you are great! Thanks for doing all this for the fans, its wonderful. You seem to live a fun life, its cool you can share that with us fans. This is so great! I don't really have anything else to add, I'm kind of overwealmed right now. . .

22. keokiswahine

Sep 4, 2000
    Check out his website, petermayhew.com. It's really neat. This is his schedule so far.

Mar 31 - Apr 01 = WrestleWorld, Houston, TX
    May 04 - May 06 = AlphaCon, Omaha, NE
    Jun 16 - Jun 17 = SciFi Expo, Grapevine
    Jun 30 - Jul 01 = SciFi Expo, Shreveport, LA
    Jul 06 - Jul 08 = ConVergence, Minneapolis, MN
    Jul 19 - Jul 22 = San Diego ComicCon, CA
    Aug 24 - Aug 26 = Canadian National Comic Book Expo, Toronto, Canada

23. Leiaosolo

Leiaosolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 1999
    Mensch, I just read my last post and noticed a typo that is too late to edit. I really DO know the difference between Your and You're. I meant to write the latter in my sentence "So YOU'RE the type of person...." I had written the whole post and then lost it and since I was in a hurry to rewrite the whole thing my grammar went out the window. So, one bigs OOPS on my part!!
    Wish I could meet you in Omaha, Peter. I was born there, in a hospital that no longer exists....but now am a Texas girl, just transplanted in Germany for a while....

Ha ha, ramble ramble ramble.....

24. NovaStarslayer

NovaStarslayer Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 6, 2001
    man, i am soooo late fer skool, so i'll take this chance to re-enforce the idea that chewie and obi-1 *have* met b4 ANH (and thus justifying chewie's appearance in Ep3)... ir's no big deal, but i just noticed that when old obi-1 ignites his lightsaber in the cantina brawl, chewie doesnt really react at all. i mean, its been 30 yrs since the jedi have been extinct, 30 yrs since anyone's seen a lightsaber (especially in action) and the wookiee looks likes he's gonna fall asleep! just another point for the pro-Ep3 chewie supporters maybe.

its a weak point i know (ie. the guy w the hooka thing at the bar doesnt seem to care about the lightsaber either) but it never occurred to me that chewie and obi-1 could had already been acquaintances, and now that i look at it from that perspective, its starting to make more and more sense. to me, any way.

anyhow, im in a rush, so ive prob'ly made an idiot out of myself again... but oh well.
    see yall soon :)
    peter mayhew, you're the best!!!

25. PeterMayhew

PeterMayhew Chewbacca the Wookiee star 1 VIP

Feb 6, 2001
    Yes, I'm the guy who buys outrageously expensive Kermit memorabilia at Theme Parks.. sorry guys, he is just too cute!! Looking for a Miss Piggy lamp to go with him. Not very likely. The room in Florida, for our non-believer, was 313 and 414 the next day and I was with Phil and Ginny Brown. That is from memory, so don't quote me on that! Ha!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.