main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Does Chewbacca get to come back in Episode III??

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by PeterMayhew, Feb 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Short Round McFly

Short Round McFly Jedi Youngling star 6

Nov 13, 1999
    I live in Florida! 8-D Wanna come over for some coffee?

2. wookiee-jedi

wookiee-jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 12, 2001
    i like Kermit too,but i think Miss Piggy is a bit strange :)

3. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I just have some thoughts about the Han/Lando/Chewie in the prequels thing. I don't think we will ever see Han or Lando, even if I'd like it too. But since Chewie is a lot older it would be great to see him on his own in the prequels.

4. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    Mr Mayhew, are you planning on attending any conventions in the UK in the foreseeable future?

5. Short Round McFly

Nov 13, 1999
    Obi Anne - For some reason I feel we'll see Han, Lando, Chewie and/or the Falcon somehow in a "Background"-ish kind of way. Like maybe a guy on the intercom will say "The Falcon is away." or someone will shout something like, "Calrissian blah blah blah, piloting the whatever did this or that." over an intercom. Or maybe even Lando at a shipyard or something with the Falcon. I dunno, it doesn't seam like something Lucas would put in there for the plot. Possibly because he feels it would distract the audience from the main plot.

The only other way to do it is the "Sitcom" version. Have someone standing in line and have Jar Jar bump into them. The croud claps, they both stare at eachother waiting for audience to stop clapping.

JAR JAR: Oh, mesa sorry, here, Isa help you picken dis up!

LANDO: Uh... no thanks I'll do it my...*Jar Jar insists*...self.

*Lando makes an, "Oh boy. How embarrassing." face. Audience laughs at the over-cliche` scene*
    Heehee, just kiddin'.

6. Shi-Bandarr

Shi-Bandarr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2000
    Mr. Mayhew,

Let me first say thank you for taking time to post with your fellow Star Wars fans. It's a testimony to your character and genuine approachability. ( or your naiveity to the fact that we're a bunch of nuts. :D )

To get to your original question...

I was just doing some research for a speech that I have to present tomorrow, and I came across an interesting article in Premiere magazine May 1999 issue. It had a subsection on rumors that had been floating around at the time of its writing. This is what was said.

Rumor- That Chewbacca will reappear in a later episode.

George Lucas- "False. Possibly Wookiees might be seen around, but I don't think Chewbacca will be."

Now we all know that GL has been known to change his mind when it comes to these films, but as far as we know right now, it doesn't look good. It really is a bummer because I think he could create a really good backstory for him.

BTW Salvatore did not kill Chewie, Jango did.

Let me explain...

We have a new addition to our family, an Australian Shepard puppy named Jango. I got out of the shower this morning and discovered that Jango had somehow infiltrated our Star Wars collection room and made off with our figure of Chewie on Hoth. Unfortunatly he met an untimely demise. ( the figure, not the puppy :D ) It was really disturbing to find pieces of him lying all over the floor. Needless to say I was heartbroken. :_| I don't know how others feel, but this is my alltime favorite Chewie figure. He Just looks too cool with all of that snow covering him. Oh well that's the price you pay sometimes for having a puppy.

7. keokiswahine

keokiswahine Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 4, 2000
  8. wookiee-jedi

Feb 12, 2001
    Happy St. Paddy's Day everyone!

9. Emajekral

Emajekral Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2001
    Happy St. Patrick's Day Peter!

10. keokiswahine

Sep 4, 2000
    Current Peter Mayhew thread is up.

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=2212417&replies=0

11. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    The 23rd and 24th of March Canal+ will have a big sw-weekend and show all four movies. Yesterday I say the first big ad about it. It said: Now you too can see Chewbacca on TV.

12. TomGon

TomGon Jedi Youngling

Mar 12, 2001
    Hello, Peter Mayhew! I'm sure Chewie'll be in EpIII, referring to the original question, as now he's died he's gotta get some screen time as a tribute to the great Wookie!

13. wookiee-jedi

Feb 12, 2001
    Wookiee is spelled with 2 e's not 1 e.

14. keokiswahine

Sep 4, 2000
    Forgive me, but what/where is Canal+ ?[face_plain]

15. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    It's an European cable network, that will air SW all over Scandinavia in March.

16. keokiswahine

Sep 4, 2000
    sounds interesting; thanks. :)

17. Lott_Dod

Lott_Dod Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 19, 2001
    It would be great if we just saw a quick 2 or 3 second glance at him in the Senate.

18. TomGon

TomGon Jedi Youngling

Mar 12, 2001
    Sorry. I spelled it wrong. It is Wookiee, sorry.

19. wookiee-jedi

Feb 12, 2001
  20. enderryan

enderryan Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2001
    Dear Mr. Mayhew,

I can imagine you get quite a few requests to attend conventions. So, to break the monotany, I'm offering to give you a tour of a satellite network control center for the United States Space Command at Ft. Detrick, MD. If you're ever in the D.C./Baltimore area, feel free to drop me an email, and I'd be happy to show you where and how we fly our spaceships. Thought it'd be entertaining to show Chewie how to do it! Seriously, it'd be a pleasure to give you the nickel tour. You sound like a good bloke. Thanks for sharing Chewbacca with the world!

Ryan
    enderryan@hotmail.com

21. Chewbacca99

Chewbacca99 Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2001
    Hello, this is my first post on this board. I am from www.Collectstarwars.com. I have been reading this thread for awile and I wanna know if you have any pics Peter Mayhew? Do you have a site yet?

22. Short Round McFly

Nov 13, 1999
    PETER! HEY! OVER HERE!*Waves hands in air* I don't know if anyone asked this yet, but what music are you into? Do you like 80's rock? 80's rock is the coolest IMO! And some early 90's :D

23. LUEKSYKWALKER

LUEKSYKWALKER Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 1, 2001
  24. Leiaosolo

Leiaosolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 1999
    Hi, again. To get totally off the subject I just wanted to say that I grew up with the muppets, first on Seasame Street then on the Muppet Show (I just saw the one with Mark Hamill and the rest of you, in German, a couple of months ago) ((Were there holes all over the place that you had to watch out for?)) Anyway, I was thinking about Fozzy and Miss Piggy and that Frank Oz does their voices. I thought it would be rather funny, but not good for the movie, if Yoda were to tell a joke and say, "Waka, Waka, Waka", or for him to holler, "Haaaiy-Yah!!!" when he was taking out a bad guy......
    Just a bit of sillyness on my part!!!
    Have a great day!! :D

25. wookiee-jedi

Feb 12, 2001
    hey Chewbacca99,
    i think you can see some pics at PeterMayhew.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.