Does Chewbacca get to come back in Episode III??

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by PeterMayhew, Feb 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Bazinga'd, heels1785
  1. Lott_Dod Jedi Master

star 4
  2. FACE_GRINDU Jedi Youngling

star 1
  3. FACE_GRINDU Jedi Youngling

star 1
  4. wookiee-jedi Jedi Knight

star 1
    yeah,where is Peter?,and everyone else.
  5. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
  6. wookiee-jedi Jedi Knight

star 1
    hi,
    has anyone else read the Chewbacca comics?
    i love them :)
  7. k kanos Jedi Master

star 4
    I periodically watch Fox news in the morning while I'm working out and every morning they have a little trivia question. However, in order to answer this trivia question, you have to submit your name and they call you. Anywho, this morning, I was shocked when they showed a picture of Chewbacca's head and asked:

"Who's film does this character have a role in?"

Not one person got it! :eek: I couldn't believe it. DUH! Every American over 7 and under 70 knows who Chewbacca is. Even the people who have never seen Star Wars know that it's George Lucas' movies! Oh well. I was just excited that they even had a Star Wars question. It was a nice surprise. I though I'd share it with y'all.
  8. k kanos Jedi Master

star 4
  9. k kanos Jedi Master

star 4
  10. k kanos Jedi Master

star 4
  11. hawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well, I don't really believe this is Peter Mayhew. You realise there are plenty of crazy fans all over the world who could know what he has told you.

Anyway, Chewbacca will not return for EpIII. He serves no purpose anymore. What would he be doing? The PT is about Anakin, Amidala and Obi. Sure it would be cool to see Chewbacca and to learn more about him. But this is an indulgence that Lucas simply will not take. There is too much to cover in two movies without going off on a tangent to introduce Chewbacca. He was a OT supporting character and really does not serve any purpose in the PT. I'd like to see him again...maybe in a different movie or something.
  12. wookiee-jedi Jedi Knight

star 1
    it really is peter,they know it's him,someone knows his email,so they really know it's him.
  13. Fatboy_Roberts Jedi Youngling

star 3
    the 1200th message in the thread and they STILL don't think it's Peter Mayhew ;)

I love people
    Fatboy
  14. hawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hmmmm, I'm just not very gullible.
  15. k kanos Jedi Master

star 4
    Its been confirmed by TFN that it is him. If you had read through this thread you would realize that too. Now just fly away hawk ;)
  16. hawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yeahhh but...wouldn't it serve TFN to let us believe it is him?
  17. Leiaosolo Jedi Knight

star 1
    If you are still looking Hawk, you would realize it really is Peter Mayhew if you were to read the posts. Many fans have asked him questions that only he would know, like what room he stayed in at a certain hotel during a certain convention. It's alright to be a doubting Thomas, but the facts are here.

Hey, Peter, hope you will be coming back soon and that you are having a safe and fun convention hopping experience. Do you have any Bluebonnets there in Grandbury yet? They are quite pretty with plenty of rain and lots of Indian Paintbrush mixed in.
  18. Nrf-Hrdr Jedi Master

star 4
    I seem to remember George Lucas visiting this forum and having his identity confirmed recently as well. You really can't trust anything the moderators say.
  19. opie1 Jedi Padawan

Peter really is Peter you guys ,his new daughters are my nieces,all of us are privledged that he spends an occasional few moments here .
  20. wookiee-jedi Jedi Knight

star 1
  21. TK171 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hawk,

TK171 Co of the Central Garrison Fighting 501st here.

Don't want you to go on thinking this really isn't Peter.
    I posted a while back when I heard he was posting here( I too was skeptical)
    asking Contact info for one of our conventions comming up in July...

well, the next day I had an email from him and his wife Angie. WITH their home
    Phone number...
    Since then I have organized them comming with then on the phone personally, and with the organizers of the Convention. Angie is a really nice lady, and peter, well you know..... HE FRIKKING CHEWY!! heh. NIce guy!!

So now if you go to the site( HIs or Convergence.org),
    You'll see they are indeed Guest of honors
    at Convergenc con....July, 6 7 8 in Minneapolis MN.

Anyways......just thought I'd share, THIS is THE MAN!!

Later,
    Joe
  22. Primetime_Jedi Force Ghost

star 4
    The moderator who instigated the George-Lucas hoax was reprimanded and stripped of his position. He went ahead with the joke without the consent of the other moderators.

Chewie here is the real deal.
  23. Teniel Djo Force Ghost

star 5
    Okay, I was in France for ten days and this thread is really big so if this has been asked just go ahead and bonk me on the head. But is there any chance I could get a pic of Peter outside the Chewy suit? I have no idea what his face looks like! If so please provide the link. It would all be much appreciated.
  24. gab-ric jenn Jedi Knight

star 2
    Mr Mayhew, will there be an Episode 7???
  25. wookiee-jedi Jedi Knight

star 1
    hey Teniel Djo,
    try petermayhew.com
Moderators: Bazinga'd, heels1785
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.