main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Does Chewbacca get to come back in Episode III??

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by PeterMayhew, Feb 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mmarosy

mmarosy Jedi Youngling

Feb 13, 2001
    Dear hawk,

If you still don't believe this is the real Peter Mayhew, check out the latest TFN Digital newsletter at: http://theforce.net/digital/

In his interview, he states how he posted the question to the newsgroup and is amazed at the responses.

Mike

2. hawk

hawk Jedi Knight star 5

May 3, 2000
    I don't know. I am very careful about what I read on the net. All I am seeing is letters, sentences and paragraphs. How would I know what is genuine or not. I hope it is him guys but I don't think so. Why would he waste his time here?

3. mmarosy

mmarosy Jedi Youngling

Feb 13, 2001
    But hawk, the TFN Digital newsletter is a quicktime video, you can WATCH Peter, himself, talk about posting the question in an interview. I believe it's Episode IV of the newsletter (though maybe "newsletter is the wrong name for the program, but I don't know what it's actually called). It's pretty cool to watch. I've gone through all of them over my lunch breaks, though I tend to skip throught the spoilers at the end of each video.

Mike

4. mmarosy

mmarosy Jedi Youngling

Feb 13, 2001
    OOPS, just checked, I had my "I" and "V" mixed up. It's episode VI. They also provide the videos in Windows media player if you don't have quicktime.

Mike

5. Teniel Djo

Teniel Djo Jedi Master star 5

Apr 8, 2000
    Thanks, wookiee-jedi! :D That was neat. :)

6. k kanos

k kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2000
    Hey guys, don't waste anymore time with this hawk guy. He obviously doesn't get it. I think the only thing that would convince him that it really is Peter would be for Mr. Mayhew himself to show up at his door and slap him silly. Lovely thought :D

7. wookiee-jedi

wookiee-jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 12, 2001
  8. Teniel Djo

Teniel Djo Jedi Master star 5

Apr 8, 2000
    Eh, it's all up to him what he wants to believe.

I personally prefer to have faith in the wookiee that is Peter. :D

9. darthcleo

darthcleo Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 8, 2000
    hmm. I wonder what it takes to make people believe...

1. we have the words of TFN Staff (not just admins, but the news posting staff too)
    2. in case people can doubt that we have any interest in having a fake Mayhew here, we have people who have actually *met* Mayhew at conventions recently, and got it confirmed in person. Those guys and gals have no vested interest in TFN.
    3. we have VIDEO evidence of Peter Mayhew
    4. the guys working on PeterMayhew.com have posted here (one would think they would be in a position to verify...)

what else could we do???

10. keokiswahine

keokiswahine Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 4, 2000
    shake the bejiggers out of them until their eyes bug out, but that's too much violence, so let the disbelievers lose out on all the fun we're having. Their loss; our gain. :D

11. keokiswahine

Sep 4, 2000
    Mayhew in Japan
    Sat, Apr 07, 01 10:08:26 AM EST

Mr. Mayhew notified us that he will be meeting fans in Japan in the coming weeks.
    April 17 NARITA -
    April 18 RED MERCURY
    April 19 CANTINA
    April 20 ROBO CHRIS
    April 21 MAX POWERS
    April 22 HOLLYWOOD COLLECTORS GALLERY, R&D
    April 23 NARITA -

Enjoy the sushi, Mr. Mayhew! ;-)

12. mmarosy

mmarosy Jedi Youngling

Feb 13, 2001
    Mr. Mayhew,

I know you've been asked your feelings on Chewie's death, but I don't know if you've been asked of fans reactions. I'm sure your personal encounters with fans on the topic were postive, after all, you ARE Chewie, but what do you think of how harsh fans were to the author that was assigned to kill of Chewie? I heard even death threats were made. A bit extreme if you ask me.

Mike

13. TheDenogginizer

TheDenogginizer Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2001
    Mr. Mayhew,

I just read this quote from Lawrence Kasdan on the official Star Wars site,

"One story element I wanted to develop was Chewie's jealousy of Han and Leia's relationship. Though that was lost in the final script, I thought it was an interesting idea."

I was wondering, did he talk about this at all with you? Or did his idea even make it that far?

Hope to see you this year at the Chicago Wizardcon!!!!

Shawn

14. wookiee-jedi

Feb 12, 2001
    is Peter(Mayhew)still here?

15. Darth_Exfarious

Darth_Exfarious Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2001
    Mr. Mayhew,
    I haven't heard anything about Chewbacca reappearing in Episode 3 YET...but George will have to introduce Chewbacca sometime.

16. Darth_Exfarious

Darth_Exfarious Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2001
    Mr. Mayhew,
    No I have not heard if Chewbacca is returning in EP. 3 YET...But George has to introduce him sometime.

17. keokiswahine

Sep 4, 2000
    Peter is in Germany.

Jedi-Con Germany Photos, Day One
    Fri, Apr 13, 01 08:55:05 PM EST

JournaloftheWhills.de has posted exclusive photos from day one of Jedi-Con. There are pictures of Jeremy Bulloch, Peter Mayhew, Warwick Davis as well many attendees in familiar costumed attire. Head over to JournaloftheWhills.de photos for a direct link to the photos. Click on the "Weiter" Tie Interceptor to go forward and "Zuruck" to go back. Thanks to StarWarsbooks.de for the link.

18. JediTwinSunMoon

JediTwinSunMoon Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2001
    While seeing Lando or Chewbacca stroll by in either of the next two films would be a delight, I feel a young Han Solo WILL be making an appearence. Take a look at page 34 of Insider 51. Daniel Logan has been cast as a 'mysterious young boy.' Look at that face! He IS Han Solo.

19. NovaStarslayer

NovaStarslayer Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 6, 2001
    :D
    Hahahahahahahaha!!! I should start watching TV again....

20. wookiee-jedi

Feb 12, 2001
    does anyone know what happend to DaveProwse.com?,i have not been able to get it for more then a week.

21. Princess_Leia_Solo

Princess_Leia_Solo Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2001
    i actually wouldnt be surprised if this guy with the user name "peter mayhew" is laughing like heck that you guys actually thinks he's for real.

ya'll never know though. everyone can be anybody on the internet. otiidi! ('nough said)

oh yeah, im natalie portman.

22. wookiee-jedi

Feb 12, 2001
    Princess_Leia_Solo,they do know it really is Peter Mayhew,ask anyone who has been here since last feb...they could tell you it's really him,there are even Interviews
    where he says he's been here,what more do you need to know it's really him,and i think you should learn to type better,and my dad has seen natalie portman in boston,she was just walking around like any other person.

23. Jedi_Jarvis

Jedi_Jarvis Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2001
    Look at my webstite in my Bio.
    http://www.geocities.com/jarvisw2001/
    That is Peter buried behind crased fans from my Fan Force group.

He is here (occasionaly) he is for real.

Nuff said.

24. jedi_g

jedi_g Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2001
    Well back to the original question.....If Chewie is involved in anyway, then he would have knowledge of some of the happenings...making him a target...so unlikely to have any real part, more likely a cameo

25. norway

norway Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 29, 2000
    why would you say that jedi_g?

None of the stars get word of if they're in it or not until right before.

Liam Neeson was even wondering if he was in II or not as well as Kenny Baker.

Same for the actor who plays Sio Bibble.

At this point, no body would know except for George if Chewbacca's gonna play a part in episode III.

He could very well be one of the major characters...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.