main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Does Darth Vader know Yoda is alive at the end of ROTS?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    After his duel - all the Emperor finds of Yoda is his cloak. Did he know for sure Yoda escaped?

Did the Emperor tell Darth Vader that he killed Yoda? Or that he probably escaped.

And lastly - if Vader reported that Obi-Wan vanished when struck down, would the Emperor think perhaps Yoda has as well?

2. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    there's no body. so they know yoda lived and obi as well.

3. NakkyGraphics

NakkyGraphics Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2015
    Basically, when Vader striked Obi Wan, he stepped on his cloak. In his head he was like "lol WTF???" So I'm sure he asked the Emperor about it. Or did some research on it.

4. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    I think the Emperor knew that Yoda and Obi-Wan were still alive but he didn't seem too concerned about them. And I'm sure Vader knew Yoda was still around aswell whether the Emperor told him or not. If any
    Jedi were to survive Order 66, the safest bet would've been Yoda

DavidSword79 likes this.
  5. DavidSword79

DavidSword79 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 27, 2015
    I agree that Vader knew or suspected Yoda still lived, but didn't care. The little green Jedi had suffered a major defeat at the hands of the Emperor, who basically proved (at least in Sidious and Vader's minds) that the Dark Side was stronger. Yoda was old and had no allies left to oppose the Empire.

6. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    How do you think the conversation about Yoda went down between Vader and Sidious?

ObiWanKnowsMe likes this.
  7. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    Something like:

VADER: "But what of Master Yoda? Surely he's still out there..."

SIDIOUS: "Yoda is no longer of any concern for us, Lord Vader. Instead, you must concentrate your efforts on eliminating any remaining Jedi that may seek him out."

Noir Deux and Tommytom like this.
  8. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    That sounds about right