main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Does Episode 9 need a Madalorian??

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Avnar, Dec 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    So...

The PT had Jango Fett
    The OT had Boba Fett
    The ST has... ?

What do you think - Keeping with tradition does the ST need a Madalorian?? I think so. At the very least we need some bounty hunters... One of the Knights of Ren looks very similar so at the very least I hope they are used to their proper potential! And no, Captain Phasma doesn't count as a "stand in" haha

Thoughts? :boba:

2. gaarastar58

gaarastar58 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2010
    Honestly I think the Mandalorians are among the least interesting of the Star Wars cultures. I tune out every time Sabine has to toddle off to Mandalore to sort out her family. Having said that I think Boba's story arc in TCW was brilliant, but since he's not really a Mandalorian I don't know if that counts.

Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
  3. Ben-Solo

Ben-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2017
    No. Everything doesn't needto rythme, everything doesn't need to mirror it's counterpart. Only if the character serves the story should JJ decide to use them; we should not be trying to shove everyone, and everything into these films, just because..

4. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    The Mandalorians might have been a better choice of antagonist than the Empire-lite bunch that we got

5. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I haven't watched TCW's so apologies if I am using the term "Mandalorian" loosely - I just mean another Fett style character with the armour etc

I thought BDT could have been this style of character but was a thief in the end [face_dunno]

6. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Everybody needs a bit of Mando in their lives.[face_laugh]

Avnar likes this.
  7. gaarastar58

gaarastar58 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2010
    I think it would be cool to see old man Fett, but outside of being pretty cool there's not a whole lot to his character, so it would be purely fanservice. If you like the Mandalorians, check out the Boba story arc in TCW, it's really good.

Avnar likes this.
  8. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Broom Fett? FS this time.

9. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Who knows? Maybe for the next set of movies following the ST or even RJ's trilogy?

10. MillenniumFalcon2015

MillenniumFalcon2015 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 18, 2013
    I definitely want to see a new generation of Mandalorians with all their colored armor for Episode IX and beyond into Episodes X,XI and XII with their new fleet of warships and Starfighters including the Bes'uliiks from the old EU. Or perhaps a trilogy focusing on them forming the basis of Rian Johnson's trilogy. Though I would prefer if RJ's trilogy focused on Thrawn,the Chiss and the Unknown Regions or the Unknown Regions set hundreds of years after Episode IX. With Episodes X-XII focusing on the Mandalorians taking over the galaxy with the New Rebellion/Resistance teaming up with the First Order taking the Mandalorians and their armada down by Episode XII.

11. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Not in IX

12. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    ...why not? [face_dunno]We really haven't had any interesting background villains in these two films at all.

13. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    I thought this too until Rebels. Then I realized Mandalore was Westeros in AGFFA.

14. Bacbacca

Bacbacca Jedi Master star 3

Nov 26, 2011
    Isnt Phasma Mandalorian?

15. jimmycrank

jimmycrank Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 29, 2015
    Would be cool if one of the KoR was Mandalorian

yanote likes this.
  16. HaloBurn

HaloBurn Jedi Knight

Jun 9, 2015
    The ST has Fuzzy Fett!

17. yanote

yanote Jedi Knight star 2

May 1, 2016
    Love the idea! =D=

jimmycrank likes this.
  18. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    No thanks. I love the Mandy's of TCW and Rebels, but Mandos are way overplayed in fandom, IMO.

19. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    Nope.

20. All_Powerful_Jedi

All_Powerful_Jedi Force Ghost star 4

Sep 12, 2003
    I mean, Captain Phasma seems to be who they intended to be that "cool looking background mercenary" type that they can put on posters, so ... I don't know what to tell you, but to Lucasfilm, I think Phasma counts.

21. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I think if they brought in a madalorian it would make Boba seem less special and they clearly wanna make a movie with Boba fett soon enough

And yeah boba may not be a Madalorian but to audiences who are just going by the movies that look is very much boba fetts or even jango fetts look.

22. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    Does Fett even survive the pit in new canon? It was hinted at in Aftermath but I don't think it was ever confirmed.

23. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    No. Locking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.