main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Does everybody ever find out about Darth Maul?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by DARTH-SHREDDER, Jun 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTH-SHREDDER

DARTH-SHREDDER Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 6, 2005
    We know that Obi-wan has seen him (Qui-gon doesn't cout cause he dies before anything) but Does Anakin ever learn about him? And I know the council knew he exisisted but did they ever know his name or what he looked like? Or did any Jedi know his name? And if Anakin somehow found out, would it be from Sidious years later?

2. Jedi_Knight_Athos

Jedi_Knight_Athos Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2005
    Maul, like everyone else associated with Palpatine, was only a means to the end. There was no reason for Palpatine to speak of him after he died.

Doubtless the Jedi Council investigated as to Maul's name and origin, but they likely came up short.

3. GarthSidious

GarthSidious Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2005
    if they don't, they know when they find out that palpatine has a new apprentice. but they probably do because logic would say that obi-wan would not keep secrets from the council. plus he would not want to keep it a secret for any reason. destroying a sith lord could only if anything make him more respected among the council.

4. ClonedEmperor

ClonedEmperor Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2005
    I know Sassea Tin looks inside the Sith Infiltrator and explores it, but i highly doubt that it would have a "This cloaked ship owned by darth Maul" printed on the side

5. Sima_Sith

Sima_Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 11, 2005
    "This ship owned and operated by sith lord: Darth ---- ----- ---- Maul"

--- are scratched out sith names

6. DARTH-SHREDDER

May 6, 2005
    Ok, then say Obi-wan tells the council and the coucil founds out it's a horny guy (no pun intended [face_laugh]), don't they care enough about him that they can eventually find out his name?

And come on, did Anakin ever learn the he's third-in-line [face_thinking]?

7. DARTH-SHREDDER

May 6, 2005
    Seriously, when do you think Anakin learned more about Maul?

8. Maphisto86

Maphisto86 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2005
    In one of the books set between Episode I and Episode II, Anakin goes to a planet ( Adega? ) to go through the ceremony of finding a crystal for his lightsaber. As he enters a cave strong in the force he recives a vision much like Luke's in ESB where he is confronted by Darth Maul. Still much later during the Clone War's I don't think Anakin, Obi-Wan or the rest of the Jedi know much about him. Obi-Wan refers to Darth Maul in a Star Wars comic set in the Clone Wars as "that other Sith". So really he doesen't seem to know his name and why would he ?

When Sessie Tin enter's Maul's ship he is aware that the vessel belonged to the Sith Lord but all of the Infiltrator's computers are wiped clean of memory. So he doesen't know anything about Maul or his origions. They only know he is a Sith because of how much influence he has in the dark side of the Force. Probably more skill in the dark side than any rogue dark Jedi. I sespect Darth Maul's name and origons were revealed to Anakin after he transformed into a Sith Lord himself. Count Dooku ( Darth Tyranus ) knows of him but know one else can because Maul's identity was only known publically for a short time and he wasen't captured. Only the Sith knows....

9. THEFORCEISWITHME33

THEFORCEISWITHME33 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    I think he must have found out about Maul, I mean after all Maul nearly killed Ani in TPM by almost running him down. I would like to think that he'd wanna find out who killed his almost master.

10. darthmohican

darthmohican Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    Good point...plus didnt anakin see him again when Maul walked through the doors to engage Obi Wan and Qui Gon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.